Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Manaxter...  
Full Name Jacob Dyer
Nickname Manaxter 
State/Province, Country Victoria   Australia
GD Gathering City Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.kakness.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Profesional Nerd 
Job Description Trying not to nerd it up! 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1110  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/12/2006 2:39:14 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
C# .NET2.0 Regex troubles. Hi Guys. I'm making a program that needs to take a text file as input and split it up into strings. However, it is a complicated (and unchangeable) format. The format is as such. One line of text here. .i Perhaps some text here, but it is... 
Posted November 1, 2006 6:13:10 AM
D3DX Sprite and a camera... Hi guys. I've got a program working which renders a single sprite using the D3DXSprite interface. Using alpha blending. I want to be able to move around my 'screen' with a 'camera' - i.e. use the view matrix to move over my sprites, without them... 
Posted September 3, 2006 5:16:25 AM
2D in Direct3D Hi Guys. First off I would like to apologise for this thread, as this question has probably been asked several times. I have been stuffing around with C++ for a few years now on and off and I have an alright handle of it. I've always want... 
Posted August 23, 2006 1:50:19 AM
SDL_DisplayFormat headaches... Hi guys. I'm using SDL, SDL_Image, SDL_mixer, ttf etc, just working through some of the tutorials at http://lazyfooproductions.com/SDL_tutorials/index.php (seems to be down at the moment). I've come accross this error, after I've split my files u... 
Posted July 24, 2006 7:55:18 PM
CodeFreakz - Community Development Site Hi Guys. A new community is springing up, be sure to check it out. CodeFreakz is THE place to go for all your development (be they Web based, .NET, native C++ anything!). This forum is led by some very good web developers, and I help out a b... 
Posted April 24, 2006 7:41:23 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
C# Workshop - Signup Thread Name: Jacob Occupation: Student. Email: Sent. 
Posted June 27, 2007 2:26:59 AM
C# Workshop - Introduction I am defiantly interested, and will join in the learning. Thanks for taking the time to do this for us C# programming juniors. 
Posted June 27, 2007 2:05:53 AM
Oh crap, here come the cells! Absolutely. Awesome. 
Posted November 23, 2006 2:10:47 AM
C# .NET2.0 Regex troubles. Well hopefully the people writing these text files wont be so stupid to do the last situation you showed! Thanks man, that was really helpful. I think I need to actually learn how it works now! Cheers Jacob 
Posted November 1, 2006 6:01:20 PM
Power Render 6.8 3D Engine Released Okay... is that it? No blurb, just a title? 
Posted October 27, 2006 9:08:06 PM
Digital Download Service from GameStop Bigpond Games - http://shop.bigpondgames.com/ - has been doing that for the last few months. Albeit with less games, but more good ones on the way. (Note this is an Australian ISP.) 
Posted October 11, 2006 6:18:48 PM
D3DX Sprite and a camera... Still no luck. I've been googling but have only found one instance of this problem (and then no solution!) Bump, Jacob 
Posted September 5, 2006 10:30:53 PM
2D in Direct3D Cheers, your Googling skills obviously surparse mine! 
Posted August 24, 2006 12:55:43 AM
2D in Direct3D Thanks! Do you know of any good resources (internet or otherwise) that could help me? I should be alright but a good tutorial could save me many hours of heartache. Thanks again. Jacob 
Posted August 23, 2006 11:42:06 PM
2D in Direct3D Ok, so sending pre-transformed vertexes (that's what the ID3DXSprite does yeah?) still allows for hardware accelleration? Or have I got those two parts confused. Thanks for the help circlesoft! 
Posted August 23, 2006 11:13:52 PM
View All Replies Made By This User