Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know AdamWebb...  
Full Name Adam Webb
Nickname AdamWebb 
State/Province, Country West Midlands   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Birmingham, West Midlands, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.atwebb.blogspot.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Degree Student 
Job Description BSc. Computer Games Programming 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1016  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/12/2005 10:00:35 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
High CPU idle temp? This may be what I get for using an out of the box cooling system, but my new AMD X2 4600+ (Socket AM2) is measuring ~45-47'C when idle. I've checked the H/W Monitor in BIOS and it says that 'Cool n' Quiet' is disabled, and that CPU voltage measures... 
Posted September 15, 2006 10:30:59 AM
Which Adapter? I've just purchased an XBox 360 VGA HD cable so that I can plug my XBox into my PC's TFT Monitor. The VGA cable works fine and the picture is great, but I'm having some trouble working out a way to get sound working. The cable I bought extends ou... 
Posted September 12, 2006 11:52:47 AM
DVI / VGA The parts I have just bought for my new PC include a dual-monitor supporting GeForce 7600GT with 2 DVI ports (no VGA), and a 19" Samsung monitor which appears to only support a VGA interface. In other words, there's no way of plugging my new mon... 
Posted August 28, 2006 11:13:26 AM
Choosing a Motherboard A few days ago I posted asking for some advice on buying a new PC. Thanks to the help I received, I decided to go with the following spec: AMD Athlon X2 4600+ Socket AM2 Corsair 2048mb DDR2 RAM PC6400 (2x1024mb, 800mhz) Gainward GeForce 7... 
Posted August 26, 2006 3:07:19 PM
Building a new PC I've started compiling a list of parts for a new PC for my first year of Uni. With Vista round the corner it seems like a bit of a bad time to be buying a new system, but I really don't see my current one holding out, so this is what I've got so... 
Posted August 19, 2006 5:37:30 AM
Setting up for WPF development I'm trying to set up my environment to do some work with the Windows Presentation Foundation. I'm using Windows XP (SP2) and Visual Studio 2005, but what do I need to download in order to get started with building and running applications? 
Posted July 28, 2006 6:28:27 AM
April '06 SDK and VS2005 I've recently upgraded to Visual Studio 2005 and have just downloaded and installed the April 2006 SDK. But it doesn't look as if the SDK has installed completely. Not only have the lib and include directories not been updated but I can't seem t... 
Posted April 28, 2006 1:31:50 PM
Building and Embedding LUA I'm hoping to embed LUA into my latest project but right now I'm trying to build the latest version [5.1] on Visual C++ 2005 EE. It's hard to find clear documentation that goes over this, so I was wondering if someone could talk me through it. 
Posted April 8, 2006 2:26:30 PM
3d objects in a 2d world How is the effect of 3d character interaction within 2d pre-rendered environments actually achieved? I've seen it done in a lot of adventure games and I was just curious as to how it's made. Is some sort of 'depth-map' created as a second texture dur... 
Posted February 19, 2006 7:33:12 AM
Rendering Heightmaps with Shaders Can someone point me in the right direction as to how I would go about rendering a terrain's geometry using a Vertex Shader? At present my heightmap is a 512 x 512 DDS file. Would I be right in thinking that I can sample this within the shader dir... 
Posted February 4, 2006 5:35:31 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
DVI / VGA Okay, thanks for the info. it doesn't sound like I'm loosing much by having to convert from DVI to VGA. 
Posted August 28, 2006 11:58:20 AM
Choosing a Motherboard Quote:Unfortunately, I have heard nothing but disaster stories about OCZ memory and the Asus M2N. Damn. Perhaps the Asus board is a bad idea. I really need to be able to fit the memory I specified in my OP. What about this board: MSI K9N Platin... 
Posted August 27, 2006 3:50:05 AM
Choosing a Motherboard That XMS2 is a little out of my price range for the same quantity, what about: OCZ Platinum PC2-6400 EL XTC 2048MB Kit, DDR2, 240 Pin, 800Mhz Supply Voltage is listed as 2.1v, but I believe the board has a memory supply voltage of 1.8v or 1.9v... 
Posted August 26, 2006 6:22:30 PM
Building a new PC Okay, based on the advice everyone has given me so far, I've come up with a new spec. which still falls within my price range: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ (Socket AM2 2x512kb Cache) Asus M2N-SLI Deluxe, nForce 570 SLI, DDR2, PCI-e x16 Corsair,... 
Posted August 24, 2006 6:06:17 AM
When did YOU start LogoWriter - I remember that, it was probably the first thing I 'programmed' as well. I especially remember getting it to loop through a simple pattern hundreds of times...Anything to annoy our incompetent IT teacher [smile] 
Posted August 23, 2006 3:14:50 PM
Building a new PC Thanks for all the help. I'll probably be putting the order in within the next 3 weeks, so once I have figured out exactly what to get I might post the specs to see what you all think. 
Posted August 20, 2006 2:41:44 PM
What're You Reading? I'm reading all the books on my reading list for my first year of Uni. Nothing like being prepared [grin].  
Posted August 20, 2006 5:56:06 AM
Building a new PC Quote:What's your budget? About £900 (GBP). That will also have to pay for a 17"-19" TFT Monitor, as I'm still using a huge CRT and desk space will be an issue. Quote:If you used an X2 4200+ and a Shuttle (tiny case+tiny motherboard) instead o... 
Posted August 20, 2006 5:40:52 AM
Torn Quote:I'm seeking a degree in game development First of all, good luck with that. You hear some bad stories about these sorts of degrees and I'm currently waiting to start my first year in one - I hope your's is a good one. Quote:but... 
Posted August 8, 2006 12:26:25 PM
codeing_I'm so f***ing lost Quote:ok which luanguage do most starters learn A lot of people start with BASIC or Visual Basic. But languages such as C# are also becoming popular as a first language. I started with C++, it really doesn't matter which you start with so long as... 
Posted August 8, 2006 12:02:06 PM
View All Replies Made By This User