Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know mikedoty...  
Full Name  
Nickname mikedoty 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://mikdot.allhyper.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1057  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/11/2000 1:16:34 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Psyguy Games presents Tetratris 1.1 Tetratris 1.1 www.PsyguyGames.com Download Tetratris 1.1 here (4.5MB) Made by Mike Doty Some of you may have played Tetratris; I released it a little less than one year ago. I have recently completely an upgraded version that offers... 
Posted May 29, 2006 10:55:21 PM
Backgrounds Wanted for near-finished Project Team name: I work by myself, and my name is Mike Doty. Project name: Lode Runner X Brief description: I've spent the past 6 months or so working on this game. It's a new game in the Lode Runner series. Target aim: Freeware. Comp... 
Posted March 23, 2006 6:04:18 PM
DirectDraw performance dilemma Update (3/13) - Problem Solved ______________________________________ This was a bad mistake on my part not related to DirectDraw. I had been writing to a file (using ofstream) each frame, debug information for during development that I ought... 
Posted March 13, 2006 2:04:54 AM
Looking for Lode Runner addicts I've been working on a new Lode Runner game for a little while now. Dramatically, I call it Lode Runner X. It's not the tenth one or anything, it just means I have no imagination. :p Anyway, I'm looking to do a small amount of multipl... 
Posted October 25, 2005 1:56:28 AM
streaming mp3/wav files I didn't see an audio forum (except for an artistic sharing one), so I hope it's alright to put this here. I'm having a little trouble, performance-wise, with streaming mp3 files. (I'm using them as a background track to the game.) I'm usin... 
Posted October 14, 2005 8:00:05 PM
CB_DIR c/o combo box All right, say I have a game where the levels are stored in .LEV files. So I sent a CB_DIR to my combo box attaching lparam of *.LEV, and it lists them fine and all. What I want to do is terminate the .LEV extension on the drop down selections... 
Posted November 25, 2002 4:46:38 PM
DrawPrimitive/vbuffers, terrible frame rate Hola, I’m having a lot of trouble with frame rates in Direct3d (aka DGraphics, whatever). I’m using dx 8.1b for the record... I am just rendering a series of simple cubes. (See attached screenshot.) They’re actually elongat... 
Posted October 26, 2002 11:16:57 PM
D3D Overdraw and solutions I have a depth/z buffer put in my D3D, and everything is fine except for the framerate. Let’s say I have four large squares (walls). They are all parralel, so if you’re looking at the one in front, you can’t see the other three.... 
Posted January 29, 2002 11:23:45 AM
Improve this blending function? I’m working on a blending function that would be used to brighten or darken a surface. iw is the width and ih is the height... of the surface. ALPHA ranges from 0 to 256, or greater than 256 to brighten the surface. The problem is that i... 
Posted November 23, 2001 5:43:50 PM
D3D Framerate varies, help, por favor I’m just messing around with some D3DIM stuff here, and I’ve run into a small problem. My framerate ranges from 18-75 (good computer): -Draw one rectangle (pair of tri’s): 75 -Draw four rectangles.. *If ’looking&rsqu... 
Posted August 20, 2000 5:04:53 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Eon Clash's PGD 2006 Entry needs Testers I played through it for a little bit, and I thought it was alright. The thing that bothered me the most was the movement speed; it seems to take a pretty long time to get anywhere because the character moves pretty slowly. I don't think it was a fr... 
Posted March 23, 2006 8:46:01 PM
IID_IDirectDraw7 Help!! I use DirectDraw7; this is the code I use to set it up: if (FAILED(DirectDrawCreateEx(NULL, (VOID **)&lpdd, IID_IDirectDraw7, NULL))) MessageBox(main_window_handle, "Error", "Could not create DirectDraw Device. Make sure DirectX is installed.",... 
Posted March 14, 2006 4:26:24 PM
DirectPlay My opinion is that DirectPlay can be a little easier to use in-game, but Winsock is probably 10x easier to set up. Once you get a message system set up for Winsock, though, they're both equally easy. I have not gotten good results from Direct... 
Posted March 14, 2006 2:45:24 PM
Stunt Playground v2.0 Cool. I'll only make one small suggestion. It seemed that the 'dirt trail' effect, where the tires kick up dust clouding your view... they seemed to really hurt my framerate at times (mostly on one of the jam-packed levels). Ma... 
Posted February 6, 2006 12:25:46 AM
2D Platformer with bumpmaps and shadows Hi, The screenshots look cool, but when I try to install it says I need to download the .NET framework. What does the installer need this for, out of curiosity? I haven't installed anything cutting-edge lately, so maybe that's why I've never run... 
Posted November 25, 2005 6:50:00 PM
Looking for Lode Runner addicts Thanks for your input, frob. Quote:Original post by frob Comments... I like it. Oh, I do too! ;) Quote: I'm not sure I like the water/lava, teleporters, and such, but that's just a nostalgia thing. Yep, I'm sure there'll be so... 
Posted November 24, 2005 6:15:14 PM
Looking for Lode Runner addicts Frob and Jnz86, I sent you each a link to try the game out (through PM). I knew there had to be some people on here that had played Lode Runner before, it's a classic. ;) 
Posted November 23, 2005 2:55:53 PM
Looking for Lode Runner addicts Alright, I sent ya a link to download the game (through PM), LeChuck. Since it's still technically only 95% done, I don't want to make it totally public quite yet. If anyone else wants to try out the multiplayer, just let me know. 
Posted November 23, 2005 2:27:52 AM
Looking for Lode Runner addicts I thought I'd post a couple of screenshots of the game. The game is pretty much done (aside from single player content), but I'd like to do some playtesting (it's working great, but I want to make sure things balance in a fun way). I've recen... 
Posted November 22, 2005 1:44:22 AM
Joe 1.5 Update Here's the 1st screenshot, it just needed to be 003a, not 0043a:  
Posted November 21, 2005 4:59:55 PM
View All Replies Made By This User