Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know grumpymonkey...  
Full Name  
Nickname grumpymonkey 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.snakeinalake.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/5/2009 10:20:56 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Timing in windows I'm trying to make a class for my game on windows that will handle all the timing, time stepping, elapsed time etc because timing has always been an issue for me in my games(almost all of my games have issues with time TT_TT) so I thought making... 
Posted August 17, 2010 11:02:57 AM
Indie project Reviews and News I finally decided to make a wordpress site, here: http://indiealex.wordpress.com/ I want it to be a place where people can go to get news and read indie game reviews.(read the first blog entry for more information) If you want something reviewe... 
Posted July 8, 2010 5:07:55 PM
Manipulate C++ classes in Lua I'm working on a game engine which so far has been coming out great. I'm currently in the process of adding scripting with lua, and I was able to send simple stuff like functions to lua. well heres the situation: my engine uses 'managers', li... 
Posted April 24, 2010 7:52:26 PM
BIOHAZARD game compo Im hosting a game making competition, the theme is BIOHAZARD. Read more about it by clicking the image above 
Posted December 14, 2009 9:46:05 PM
SpinShip These are a few pictures of my recently released game Spin Ship. its a fast-paced shot-em up type of game with addicting gameplay, and ok graphics. you can play it by by following either of these links: http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/topi... 
Posted June 11, 2009 11:10:35 PM
SpinShip: addicting Fast-Paced shooter SpinShip is a Fast-Paced shooter with addicting gameplay, smooth animations, simple controls, easy to navigate menu, and trophy system. It was originally just a test application so I can learn more about dynamic memory allocation for bullets, but... 
Posted June 10, 2009 1:11:02 PM
Dreamcast Programming? Hi, im new to these forums, but not to the site. i havent made an account before, but i have found answers to some of my questions when googling :P If im not supposed to post this type of question here, or at all, then sorry but im kinda in a rush a... 
Posted January 5, 2009 10:47:42 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
F5 Dev Team Recruiting we need more programmers 
Posted July 29, 2010 11:00:31 AM
Manipulate C++ classes in Lua Theres got to be a way to do it without a library. I'd rather do it the hard way and learn since it will be better in the long run 
Posted April 24, 2010 11:03:04 PM
What is the point of MMOs? MMO's let people jump into a virtual world where you can do whatever you want. If you've ever wanted to be a hero, or wear really cool clothes and ride mythical beings and have a lot of money and people who respect you, and you wanted to have power a... 
Posted August 14, 2009 1:35:24 PM
SpinShip i didnt really pay attention to the main image thing, I though the staff just reviewed them all and chose the best one...it still shows more than the other shot :( 
Posted June 12, 2009 5:58:29 PM
Movement-algoritm over the network ? I just use a variable for each type of movement. eg. 0 = stop 1 = left 2 = right 3 = jump then I use a timer to update the exact position every couple of seconds. that will sometimes look choppy, but you could use a path-finding algorithm to... 
Posted June 10, 2009 8:50:03 PM
Hi there! What's your story? :) :) :) [Edited by - grumpymonkey on November 23, 2009 8:15:45 PM] 
Posted June 5, 2009 1:15:31 PM
View All Replies Made By This User