Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know sqrt-1...  
Full Name  
Nickname sqrt-1 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 992  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/18/2002 7:24:57 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Light Indexed Deferred Rendering This demo is a technical demonstration of the lighting technique - Light Indexed Deferred Rendering. Light Indexed Deferred Rendering aims to keep the advantages of Deferred Rendering without the disadvantages of large buffer sizes and problems wi... 
Posted January 30, 2008 3:20:40 PM
Light Indexed Deferred Rendering demo Light Indexed Deferred Rendering demoPosted by: Damian Trebilco at January 14, 2008 8:07:50 AMThis is a deferred lighting approach that simply assigns each light a unique index and then stores this index at each fragment the light hits, rather than s... 
Posted January 14, 2008 8:07:50 AM
Input lag in DirectX I am sure this has been asked many times before but I am unable to find and relevent links to help me out. What I am experiencing is a kind of input "lag" when running certain Direct3D apps that I program. It is especially apparent in windowed mod... 
Posted November 18, 2002 7:31:32 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
The Daily GameDev.net Quote: Instead, under the current system, Rock-star just removes the hookers from GTA (GTA always gets refused to begin with, because the censorship board doesn't like that you can kill hookers. Everything else is fine for kids apparently...) and su... 
Posted July 11, 2008 3:27:44 AM
Call for Authors: ShaderX7 Hey wolf, have you ever thought of doing up a indexed pdf or even chm file with the abstracts/introduction of each article for all the shaderX books? It would make searching for a particular article easier - rather than "I know I read about this... 
Posted February 4, 2008 8:56:32 PM
Light Indexed Deferred Rendering Yeah, sorry about it not working on the X1650 - I tested Geforce 6/7/8 and Radeon 9550/X1800/2900 and it all seems to work. You are not the first with a X1600 to say it does not work - I suspect the deferred texture coordinates are a little of... 
Posted February 1, 2008 6:28:43 AM
Visual Studio 2008 is here C++ has new TR1 support and a new MFC update (not in express edition) http://blogs.msdn.com/somasegar/archive/2007/11/09/visual-c-libraries-update.aspx (edit: not sure when they say 2008 weither they mean VS2008 or the year 2008) 
Posted November 21, 2007 10:19:42 PM
New version of Perforce has been released Quote:Original post by greggman Why can't I revert an entire changelist. Instead I have to manually select all the stuff in the list. Revert them. Then manually delete the empty changelist Minor problem as you should not need to delete changeli... 
Posted July 10, 2007 7:37:23 PM
OpenGL debugging You could also try GLIntercept with the Full Debug profile. (Hope the crash happens at the start - Full debug is slow) You can get it here: http://glintercept.nutty.org/ then after the crash, check the log files (gliLog.txt and gliInterceptLog.... 
Posted December 27, 2006 10:52:58 PM
December 2006 DirectX SDK now available Quote:Original post by Shiny Now I just need an 8800GTX and a release version of Vista *waits until Jan 30 to judge how great things will be* tech demos for 8800 look pretty damn amazing though. Anyone who hasn't already might want to look at them -... 
Posted December 17, 2006 8:18:00 AM
View All Replies Made By This User