Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Gf11speed...  
Full Name Greg Fields
Nickname Gf11speed 
State/Province, Country FL   United States
GD Gathering City Orlando, FL, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.syntasoft.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Syntasoft lead programmer 
Job Description Football, Basketball, Computers, and Computer Programming. 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1022  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/12/1999 1:00:00 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
C# Alternative to Multiple Inheritance Since C# does not support multiple inheritance I was wondering if anyone knew a good way to do the following. Basically I have 3 classes, and I'd like to use functionality in class 'PlayerInGame' from both 'Player' and 'SceneNode'. What's the best... 
Posted October 23, 2008 9:15:07 PM
Feedback for our Horse Racing Game My company has recently released a horse racing game for the PC. At this point, we are looking for people to try the demo and give us some honest feedback. We're hoping to get as many people as possible to try the demo version of our game and comm... 
Posted February 20, 2007 10:42:32 PM
Post-Time Horse Racing This is an image from a horse racing game called Post-Time that is due out soon. Web site: www.syntasoft.com/posttime.html 
Posted December 1, 2006 11:33:23 AM
NEEDED :: 3D Modeler/Animator :: Horse Racing Game (In Development) Team name Syntasoft Games Project name Post-Time Brief description Post-Time is a 3D horse racing game that has been in production for almost a year. Although currently using temporary models, a lot of the gameplay has already been implement... 
Posted April 8, 2006 12:58:23 AM
Path Smoothing I have a set of 2D points (x,y), that forms a staircase function that looks like this (with a point * at each change of direction): .................................. ...................*----*...... ...................|.............. ............. 
Posted March 16, 2006 2:17:57 AM
Dynamic Pathfinding/Pathfollowing I am trying to figure out what is the best method for pathfinding in a dynamic world. For instance, I am developing a horse racing simulation where horses are trying to find the shortest path from their location to the finish line, while at the same... 
Posted December 29, 2005 1:20:29 AM
The character (or =) What exactly does the | character do in C? Is this OR or EXCLUSIVE OR? And what about: var |= var2; Lastly, what does ~ do? For instance: var = ~7 Thanks. 
Posted March 10, 2005 4:04:02 PM
Tough Algorithm? For some reason, I can't think of a way to do this. Say I have some numbers: (not necessarily in order) 0 1 2 3 4 and I want to find all the bit sequences that add up to a certain #. For example, if that # is 6. I would get the bit co... 
Posted October 13, 2003 11:59:27 PM
Mass Online Players I was thinking of a game where hundreds, or even thousands of players can connect to a server, and play/watch a game. Now that I think about it though, I guess having this many players on one server would be impossible. Basically, a good... 
Posted August 22, 2003 12:03:19 PM
Restoring Full Screen App. When my full screen DirectX application is downsized, and then restored, for some reason the game stops, and non of the bitmaps, etc are restored. Why is this? I want the game to resume where it left off if the program is downsized. Any help is appre... 
Posted July 18, 2003 10:04:36 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
College Advice? -Game Design I highly recommend getting your 4 year degree first. That's pretty important. Then if you wanted, you could look into attending a place like the Florida Interactive Entertainment Academy (FIEA) for a Masters degree (http://fiea.ucf.edu). The best... 
Posted December 11, 2007 2:34:36 PM
Feedback for our Horse Racing Game We have recently released a new update to our PC horse racing game and are looking for feedback and suggestions in hopes to improve sales. You can download and try the game here: http://www.syntasoft.com/download/ptdemo.exe You can find more i... 
Posted March 29, 2007 7:26:55 PM
Feedback for our Horse Racing Game Thanks! New update coming soon with a lot of improvements. 
Posted March 13, 2007 5:28:24 PM
Post-Time Horse Racing We're happy to announce that our game has finally been commercially released! Check it out at http://www.syntasoft.com . 
Posted January 7, 2007 10:34:51 PM
Post-Time Horse Racing Done :) 
Posted December 21, 2006 11:24:45 PM
Post-Time Horse Racing Quote:Original post by rapso some of the horses look plane-black, could u change that in some way? it looks kinda weird in my eyes, but the rest is really nice lookin, especially the models. Yes I think I would have to agree. We will most likely... 
Posted December 13, 2006 8:16:06 PM
Post-Time Horse Racing Thanks. We're planning to add a ground detail map to help with the look of the track and grass surfaces. 
Posted December 1, 2006 2:32:54 PM
Path Smoothing Gotcha. Like a gaussian blur. This would also work too I think: http://cgm.cs.mcgill.ca/~godfried/teaching/projects97/ziad/project/mid_al.html 
Posted March 16, 2006 2:31:46 AM
Dynamic Pathfinding/Pathfollowing I was asking cause I already have the pathfinding implemented :) 
Posted December 30, 2005 11:22:43 PM
Dynamic Pathfinding/Pathfollowing All very interesting. I never thought about anything like that. I wonder if it would be wise to combine the two ideas, perhaps use the pathfinding algorithm in addition to a potential/gradient field. The horses would attempt to follow the best path,... 
Posted December 30, 2005 12:14:59 AM
View All Replies Made By This User