Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know gjaegy...  
Full Name Jaegy Grégory
Nickname gjaegy 
State/Province, Country Alsace   France
GD Gathering City Colmar, Alsace, France
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://g.jaegy.free.fr 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 956  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/3/2004 3:58:41 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Alternative to SpeedTree ? Hi guys, I am currently looking for a realtime tree rendering SDK. I am aware of SpeedTree, however, due to some restrictions in their license and their high license costs, I would like to check any other libraries that would offer similar feat... 
Posted June 8, 2009 9:18:55 AM
Fast Triangle Reordering for Vertex Locality and Reduced Overdraw Hi, I would like to know if someone has already implemented the following paper and would like to share the source code for it, of knows an already existing open source implementation (don't want to use ATI Tootle): Fast Triangle Reordering for... 
Posted September 9, 2008 9:20:41 AM
nedmalloc Hi, Does anybody use the "nedmalloc" memory allocatory ? Has anybody tried it on Vista/VC++ and benchmarked it ? From their website it looks great, what about the reality ? 
Posted June 26, 2008 12:25:08 PM
issue with PSVSM Hi, I have implemented PSVSM (parallel split + variance shadow map). I have one little issue, with some shadow corruption occuring depending on the position of the camera. What is strange is that the issue doesn't appear if I don't... 
Posted February 7, 2008 11:49:11 AM
D3D10 and SamplerStates Hi, I have another issue with SamplerStates, as I think I don't understand the concept change here. I am using HLSL without the effect framework for information. From what I have seen in the SDK, SamplerStates are defined directly in shader... 
Posted December 12, 2007 9:49:28 AM
CopyResource and multisampled resource Hi guys, I am currently porting my D3D9 engine to D3D10. I am rendering the whole scene into a multisampled renter target that has the same dimensions as the back buffer. Then I need to copy the target to the backbuffer. I used to use CopyRe... 
Posted December 12, 2007 7:57:44 AM
matrix operator= Hi, I have a performance question concerning matrix copy. I have profiled, but I am not sure that the way I did it (in a loop) actually gives the same results in a real scenerio (with random memory access). So, here are the two variants: ... 
Posted October 18, 2007 6:44:51 AM
rendering lightnings Hi, I am looking for a technique to achieve fast rendering of lightnings. I haven't found a lot of resource of the internet. I am targeting DX9 hardware. I have seen some nice implementation in the VIP2 demo (demo scene), although the lightn... 
Posted September 28, 2007 4:17:16 AM
PRESENT, refresh rate and smoothness Hi guys, I definitively need your opinion concerning an issue I have. Actually, the problem is that the rendering appears jerky as soon as the framerate drops below 60 fps. With a frame rate of 45 fps animations are not smooth at all, and the i... 
Posted June 27, 2007 6:52:36 AM
running on 2 video cards Hi guys, I am trying to get my application running on two monitors, each monitor being driven by one of the two graphic cards of the PC. So there is no multihead, but two physical cards. I tried to create 2 devices, but I can't manage... 
Posted April 22, 2007 6:38:59 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Where is the COLLADA SDK? in the case you are interested in the import functionality only, I would recommend you also check Assimp: http://assimp.sourceforge.net/  
Posted November 30, 2010 3:03:23 AM
Real-time Realistic Ocean Lighting Well done. Water lighting is really good in the distance - I implemented ocean some month ago and was never happy with how specular/sun reflection looks towards the horizon, it looked to detailled. Now, I had a quick look at the paper, but it s... 
Posted January 19, 2010 4:06:34 AM
Fast Real-time Translucent Rendering Technique Using Spherical Harmonics Hi, this looks quite good in my opinion (and I am a big SH fan ;) My question is regarding the skinned animation: do you change the coefficient during the animation cycle ? In other words, do you precompute your SH coefficient for each frame (o... 
Posted November 23, 2009 3:50:47 AM
spherical harmonic lighting very interesting approach ! I am using SH as well, however I am still computing the coefficients on the CPU, and per vertex. May I ask you how you do you parametrize your mesh to apply the SH coefficient textures, i.e. how do you create the t... 
Posted October 20, 2009 3:20:12 AM
iL-engine v2.0 very clear, thanks for your explanation; might I ask you one more question: did you make this texture by your own, or have you found it anywhere on the internet ? 
Posted September 7, 2009 5:20:07 AM
iL-engine v2.0 Hi, very nice indeed. I like the flame in the video (when the "particle system" text is displayed), could you please tell us how you create such an effect ? Of course, I guess using particle system, but I can't see how you manage to make it so... 
Posted September 1, 2009 5:43:00 AM
Multithreading (with DevIL) FYI I am using boost::mutex and their implementation is quite good. I guess you don't want to introduce any dependency to boost in the library, but it might give you another implementation inspiration ;) 
Posted February 20, 2009 4:36:52 AM
Multithreading (with DevIL) I would second the advice to remove all global variables. This is actually evil and not a good-practice anyway. I would suggest you first make Devil object-oriented. This will first remove the need of these global variables, and will consolidate D... 
Posted February 5, 2009 7:36:48 AM
The Teddy Incident Hi, I was quite impressed about the animation editor. One question I have, do all animations (for instance, walk, turn head left, etc...) all have animation for all bones of a specific model ? I mean, does the "turn head left" animation als... 
Posted November 6, 2008 11:57:10 AM
Video RAM fragmentation and resource management for continuously running system? what you could do is to load the resource you need to load (textures, vbo, etc...) in system mem buffers only (you can do this asynchronously - in a loading thread). Once all the resources have been loaded into RAM, unload your previous modul... 
Posted October 23, 2008 6:02:59 PM
View All Replies Made By This User