Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Schrompf...  
Full Name Thomas Schulze
Nickname Schrompf 
State/Province, Country Dresden, Germany
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.dreamworlds.de 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1358  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/26/2006 10:19:35 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
[DX9] Weird vertex constant register count in caps Hello everyone, I query the D3D9Caps structure to learn how many vertex shader constant registers the current GPU has. This works fine on the reference device (8192), but on my ATI Radeon HD 4870 it just reports 256. Well... isn't DX10-c... 
Posted November 10, 2010 9:14:41 AM
New images from the shard worlds Splitterwelten - Shard Worlds New pictures from the shard worlds are available for your consumption. "Splitterwelten" is intended to be a singleplayer RPG in the tradition of the Gothic/ElderScrolls series of games. The game plays atop of varios s... 
Posted April 15, 2010 9:34:28 AM
New release of the Open Asset Import Library available New release of the Open Asset Import Library availablePosted by: Thomas Schulze at April 19, 2010 10:07:50 AMA new release of the Open Asset Import library (short: Assimp) is now available. Assimp is a portable library to load 3D scenes and models fr... 
Posted April 19, 2010 4:07:50 AM
Splitterwelten - Tech screens These are some early pictures of our singleplayer RPG called "Splitterwelten" (german for "Shard Worlds" or similar). There's no actual gameplay at the moment, so the screens show only engine work and first graphics. The szenario is a ring of... 
Posted November 10, 2006 11:15:28 AM
[D3D9] Compiling and creating resources in parallel threads Hey there, I'm in the progress of spreading expensive resource operations over several threads. This basically involves the following operations: Create shaders: D3DXCompileShader() IDirect3DDevice9::CreateVertexShader() IDirect3DDevice9::Cr... 
Posted July 18, 2009 12:20:30 PM
Splitterwelten - a singleplayer RPG News from the Shard Worlds These are some new pictures from the hobby RPG called "Splitterwelten", which is german for "shard worlds". We made quite some progress since our last posting here, the images hopefully show it. What is new? On th... 
Posted July 12, 2009 8:46:39 PM
[Solved] Conversion between righthanded and lefthanded coordinate systems Hi there, I'm in the process of rewriting parts of a generic 3d scene loader library. This library offers conversion from (default) righthanded OpenGL like coordinate system to a lefthanded coordinate system like the one Direct3D uses. Up to... 
Posted February 18, 2009 11:29:43 AM
[Solved] [DX9 HLSL] Compiler produces scalar muls instead of vector ops Hi again, I've encountered a strange behaviour of the DX9 shader compiler (Nov08 SDK). Consider the following 4x4 downfilter shader static const float2 gOffset[16] = { <16 offsets> }; float4 main( const PixelEingabe rein) : COLOR0 {... 
Posted February 26, 2009 4:11:48 PM
ASSIMP - the Asset Import library - first public release ASSIMP - the Asset Import library - first public releasePosted by: Thomas Schulze at September 14, 2008 2:13:50 PMThe Asset Import library, ASSIMP in short, has reached beta development state. Assimp is a C++ library which loads game-relevant 3D scen... 
Posted September 14, 2008 8:13:50 AM
Splitterwelten - Progress These are some new pictures of the present version of "Splitterwelten" (german for "Shard Worlds"). About a year has passed since the last IOTD presentation, a year we made large progress in. Foremost improvement: we have taken numerous steps ... 
Posted January 30, 2008 3:19:15 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Seditio: In articulo mortis Wow. Oldschool, lots of bullets - I like! I'm downloading it at the moment. 
Posted December 17, 2010 2:32:07 AM
[DX9] Weird vertex constant register count in caps Thanks to everyone for the input! I learned from you guys and other sources that most GPUs are lying about their constant registers in the D3D9 caps. Therefore I had to solve the problem in a different way. I added a post processing step to the Open... 
Posted November 23, 2010 7:55:47 AM
[DirectX10, C++] My models are borked! Your indices are wrong. You don't have a single array of indices, but a little index array for each face. You therefore have to do the following: (without warranty, I don't know DX10) //! Index Buffer std::vector<UINT> indices;... 
Posted November 16, 2010 12:28:49 PM
[DX9] Weird vertex constant register count in caps Thanks for the reply. I already support minimum spec GPUs down to SM2.0, but I want to use more in case it's there. And for a Radeon4870 I KNOW that it's there. I'd be satisfied if it reports just a single of its constant buffers as linear vertex sha... 
Posted November 10, 2010 11:23:57 AM
Need help fixing very simple C++ code. You have to put the calculation after the input from the user. Each statement you write there is executed immediatly. So if you write the calculation in front of the user input, your formula uses whatever value your input variables have at that time... 
Posted October 5, 2010 9:06:14 AM
Is the X file format deprecated? It's not "deprecated" - it's just a format specification, after all. Collada is better supported, though. As is FBX, even though it's a closed format. Search for a readymade loader library, such as the FBX SDK (for FBX, naturally) or Assimp (for Coll... 
Posted October 1, 2010 2:32:47 AM
The Daily GameDev.Net Seconded. I got addicted to my daily dose of well-presented news. You do a great job, guys! Keep posting! And I felt the urge to shell out a rating-- because this guy keeps nagging about his game even after being told that this is the wrong place... 
Posted October 1, 2010 2:26:49 AM
3D import format - fbx or collada? Check out Assimp, a free 3d file format loading library. Supports many a different formats, among them Collada (and FBX in development). Collada does support everything you named, though resolving all the cross references to get the actual data i... 
Posted September 28, 2010 8:39:22 AM
EvoFx Engine Technology Demo I have to add: stop using captions like "best xyz in the world" if you don't want to appear as an arrogant skunk. That said: the ocean and sky shader look indeed very good. The solid surfaces like the hut in one of the pictures are sub-par i... 
Posted September 27, 2010 2:08:51 PM
New high quality 3d model library released: Complete Characters HD The collections sure do look nice - I was impressed by the amount of detail in the character's faces. The collection of animals is something I'd loved to have had a year ago, before our artists started, but well... it's still impressive quality. B... 
Posted September 9, 2010 2:44:24 AM
View All Replies Made By This User