Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know levjs...  
Full Name Levi 
Nickname levjs 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.backyardproductions.org 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1241  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/13/2005 12:42:32 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
New Website, Advice? Hey guys, I just got finished with this site for my photos. It's flash, written almost entirely in actionscript. I did it all, so I'd like to know what you'd think and any advice you want to give would be appreciated! Thanks, -Levi 
Posted January 4, 2011 12:45:34 PM
Project 365 (Non-Development Related) So....as an aside to programming, I've been opening up my creative side (or trying to) by delving into photography. I really like it and have decided to start a 365 Day project. I've got to take at least a photo a day. If you want, take a look her... 
Posted June 6, 2010 8:53:26 PM
Tree Growing Simulation Hi, I'm looking to implement a simple 2D tree growing simulation. Does anyone know any good paper's or articles on this subject? Thank you in advance, -Levi 
Posted October 23, 2009 9:52:09 AM
Photography Website So I know it's not game development, but I've been getting into photography, and I just put up a site dedicated to it. Check it out and let me know what you think. Both from the "how it looks" side, and from a more technical viewpoint. Bac... 
Posted June 8, 2009 12:57:11 PM
Black-On-White(In Color)[Upated With Download] I'm sure all of you have seen it. White shapes over a white and black background. The shapes go over it and change from black to white, and so on. Well, my newest screensaver creation is just that...but with a twist. The twist is that colors... 
Posted August 2, 2006 12:14:01 PM
PBO Grayscaled Hello all, I am trying to load textures with Pixel Buffer Objects as described here, except that I will not be modifying the textures once they are loaded. I am merely using PBO's to load the textures quicker. It's working beautifully exce... 
Posted February 20, 2009 11:48:51 PM
Quick Access Textures/Animations Hello all, I am in the beginning stages of making a simple 2D RTS using C++ and OpenGL. So far it has gone as well as can be expected, which is to say very well. So I have gotten further into creating the textures for terrain/buildings/units/e... 
Posted January 29, 2009 9:08:48 PM
My Brother's Music Hi all, So my brother and his band just released their first EP album, and me, being the good brother that I am, have been doing everything I can to promote it. So, go take a listen at their myspace page(you don't need to have a myspace to go the... 
Posted January 26, 2009 12:07:35 AM
Client Window Covering Toolbar Hi all, I am creating a MDI(multi-document interface) and everything is going peachy except I've hit a snag trying to add a toolbar to the frame window. The toolbar works fine as long as I don't draw the client window, but when I do draw the... 
Posted January 24, 2009 2:30:37 PM
Tangent Space Hi, I'm attempting normal mapping with GLSL. I understand the basic concept I believe. Basically, you need to translate the normals coming from the map to the local coordinate system of the fragment you are currently working on, using the n... 
Posted August 16, 2007 12:42:41 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Project 365 (Non-Development Related) Haha. I'm sorry to disappoint. I thought about doing one of those but I figured it get really boring, really really fast. : ) Though the video at the end would be really cool. 
Posted June 6, 2010 10:25:32 PM
Tree Growing Simulation Yeah, I should probably take it off of my profile here. The short story is that it's a parody of bloggers who think that people really want to listen to them rant about their lives in vivid detail. So it's supposed to be taking with a (huge) gr... 
Posted October 23, 2009 10:21:06 AM
Tree Growing Simulation Phresnel: I'm sorry. I really did mean the "Thank you for your help." at the end of my post. Looking back I realize it doesn't look that way. So Thank you! And I realize my original question may have seemed a little too open, but I reall... 
Posted October 23, 2009 10:16:58 AM
Tree Growing Simulation Thank you. L-System, from a preliminary look, seems just what I was looking for. Thank you. 
Posted October 23, 2009 10:10:15 AM
Tree Growing Simulation First of all, ignore the blog. My name isn't Dave and that's something different. If you want the background story, I'd be more than happy to oblige, but this isn't the time or place. Second of all, I'm not new to development. I've been in it... 
Posted October 23, 2009 10:07:36 AM
Rotating 3 squares on their own axis MARS_999 is exactly right about the code. Lets see if I can explain it a little. What you are doing in your code is translating to a certain point, say P1, for cube one, then rotating the cube. The cube rotates around it's axis, or P1. ... 
Posted February 25, 2009 12:19:19 PM
lighting on a billboard Is there some reason they have to be "lit" by OpenGL. If not, then just disable lighting before you draw your billboards and then re-enable it after you draw them. This will leave them at full brightness. If you need to change the brightness you c... 
Posted February 23, 2009 7:32:19 PM
[SOLVED] glTranslatef issue Welcome to OpenGL! Try clearing the depth buffer each frame as well as the color buffer. So replace GL11.glClear(GL11.GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT); with GL11.glClear(GL11.GL_COLOR_BUFFER_BIT|GL11.GL_DEPTH_BUFFER_BIT); 
Posted February 23, 2009 2:09:59 PM
PBO Grayscaled Ok, I found the problem, though I'm still not sure why. I had been trying to load a 24 bit (no Alpha-Channel) image. Dascandy's reply got me thinking that maybe the PBO's internal format wasn't set right (the GL_UNSIGNED_BYTE works fine, and is the... 
Posted February 23, 2009 8:53:54 AM
PBO Grayscaled Let me try to explain this a little better. My code is below. The texture is unmapping properly(as far as I can tell). But lets say I am uploading a texture that is 16*16 pixels and has 3 channels(RGB). The total size in bytes of the image should... 
Posted February 22, 2009 7:36:49 PM
View All Replies Made By This User