Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Luke Ryan...  
Full Name  
Nickname Luke Ryan 
State/Province, Country Victoria   Australia
GD Gathering City Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://crashtestgames.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1036  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/18/2008 4:13:31 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Graviroids These are some screen shots from my java based game Graviroids. It is an Asteroids Game like no other Asteroids Game that I have seen. Each asteroids if affected by every other asteroids gravity. The players space ship and bullets also feel the pu... 
Posted September 18, 2008 2:03:09 PM
Graviroids - Asteroids plus Gravity - A new Asteroids game that is actually unique - Anouncing Graviroids. An asteroids game with a difference... Gravity. Play Graviroids online for free at http://crashtestgames.com/graviroids/ Watch the graviroids trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jY2F_HqlPlo A simple, fun, re... 
Posted September 18, 2008 4:50:40 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Graviroids Health isn't actually reset at the start of a new level but you do get 25% back. The later levels of the game have very strong gravity and are extremly challanging. However, it takes a while to get there so a steeper difficulty curve might be good... 
Posted September 24, 2008 12:29:21 AM
Graviroids - Hi pto. yes, I think that there is probably a good chance that I am me;) I'm currently experementing with a few other game concepts. Will let you know. - XBox360 arcade version of Graviroids might be pretty cool.  
Posted September 22, 2008 11:08:58 PM
Graviroids After doing a quick search for JLOG demos, I found that none of them works on my computer. No web-start apps work on my computer either so maybe I did something horibly wrong when I installed java... however, it kind of highlights some reas... 
Posted September 21, 2008 9:55:25 AM
Graviroids About the libraries and tools used - As far as I am aware, using opengl in a web browser requires extra privalages and a sequrity question pop up. Anyway, I decided to not use opengl to avoid these problems as well as any potential open gl combata... 
Posted September 21, 2008 12:43:10 AM
Graviroids Thanks for the feed back. Good to here some people enjoy it! To answer a couple questions: KEY LAG - The game is extremly processor intensive. It is actually optimized for multi-core processors. On slower machines, there may be some issues... 
Posted September 20, 2008 10:54:53 PM
Graviroids - Asteroids plus Gravity - A new Asteroids game that is actually unique - I've posed in the image of the day aswell now. The game starts off pretty easy, the difficluty curv starts slowly, it doesn't start to become challenging before you get past level 20. Thats when the fun starts. The physics/collision is pretty s... 
Posted September 20, 2008 10:31:08 PM
View All Replies Made By This User