Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Mite51...  
Full Name Jason 
Nickname Mite51 
State/Province, Country British Columbia   Canada
GD Gathering City Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL logiccubed.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Programmer 
Job Description code monkey 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1024  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/2/2005 6:35:42 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Interactive windows in DX9 I think I started off wanting to make a 3D desktop of some sort. Being the obsessive type I quickly got bogged down in the technical details of capturing and interacting with representations of windows. This was before Vista, so it seems redundant to... 
Posted October 20, 2008 12:03:06 PM
How slow are draw calls? I am wondering just how slow draw calls are? I am making a UI system and I am batching then into vertex buffers, but occasionally I want to redraw a small subset of the UI but its going to take some reworking. If I draw the elements in order of textu... 
Posted January 17, 2006 6:33:55 PM
Erosion on a heightmap Has anyone ever tried to simulate erosion on a heightmap or otherwise know of a good algorithm? I can generate a heightmap but on a large scale it seems to be missing something and I think adding some terrain "weathering" would go a long wa... 
Posted July 25, 2005 3:19:10 PM
Gradient fill shader? I am looking for a shader ( or possibly to build one myself ) that will do a procedural texture similar to GDI+ linear and radial gradient fills. Do any exist out there, if not can anyone offer any help/advise? I only used shaders for state... 
Posted July 13, 2005 5:23:40 PM
Bilinear texture distortion on a trapezoid There a picture in the following link, I have the same problem and I am wondering how to fix it. http://www.codesampler.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=718& Jason 
Posted July 4, 2005 5:48:21 PM
point/vector? I have been wrestling with this recently and figured I ask here as a little improv poll ( since I dont know how to start a real poll in this forum ). Anyway I am curious how some of you out there handle points and vectors ( 2d and/or 3d ). Up until n... 
Posted July 4, 2005 4:32:31 PM
ArcTo Does anyone have an algorithm to resolve an Arc path similar to ArcTo in GDI+? I belive it takes a radius, a start angle and a sweep angle... I have QuadradicBezier and Bezier spline resolution, but its a pain in the butt to make a perfect circle usi... 
Posted June 24, 2005 7:37:19 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Plane9 Screensaver v0.9 Great work... Is the download updated? 
Posted February 6, 2009 10:46:07 AM
Plane9 Screensaver v0.9 Just a thought One thing I have noticed that you might to address is power settings. I have my monitor to shut off after an hour. When I get back to my computer I find that the screen saver is running strong, problem is my video card pulls a lot mor... 
Posted February 5, 2009 10:57:27 AM
Plane9 Screensaver v0.9 Props to you, I am still using the version from your last post. Time to upgrade :) 
Posted February 3, 2009 10:53:25 AM
Any commercial UI OpenGL rendered packages? Just out of curiousity, how much would you be willing to pay for such a commercial UI package?  
Posted January 6, 2007 1:00:18 AM
Screen Capture Its quite easy. Once you know have the window handle you want ( Which you might want to use WindowFromPoint() to get ). Then use GetWindowDC() with that handle and BitBlt the contents anywhere you want. Note, the DC you get will be to the main vi... 
Posted December 5, 2006 5:58:46 PM
Sony Takes Out ¥80 Billion Loan You are right AP, if the yen goes with it converted to another currency money would be lost. And I claim to know math, but it was entirely speculation to begin with :) Anyway, I dont think Sony would have made a big move like this unless it worked i... 
Posted July 6, 2006 2:16:12 AM
Sony Takes Out ¥80 Billion Loan I wouldnt read too much into this as far as games go.. Japaneese interest rates have been zero ( 0.0% ) for 5 years and are expected to be raised soon. If the bank would give you 80 billion yen for 0%, wouldnt you take it. Then consider that sony cou... 
Posted July 5, 2006 1:21:39 PM
Windows Programming Or wrap your strings in _T(), like _T("Some String") 
Posted June 1, 2006 1:36:15 PM
A bit of DirectX Help - Solved! Is d3ddev == NULL perhaps? 
Posted May 31, 2006 2:41:52 PM
C# - Sharing a Managed Direct3D Device across Application Domains I think that the serialization error had less to do with DX and more to do with .NET, maybe in the the managedDX wrapper, maybe just how you were using the objects involved, I couldnt tell you for sure. Try creating your device with D3DCREATE_MUL... 
Posted May 24, 2006 4:53:38 PM
View All Replies Made By This User