Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know writh...  
Full Name Casey 
Nickname writh 
State/Province, Country AZ   United States
GD Gathering City Tempe, AZ, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.pandorasparadox.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID blac_whole2001@yahoo.com 
Current Occupation
Job Title CEO 
Job Description Everything 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1040  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/5/2004 9:09:36 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
The Game Machine These are screen shots of one of my programs, The Game Machine. The idea of this program is to encompass all game making tools into one program. [Edited by - Ravuya on August 27, 2006 1:46:01 PM] 
Posted August 27, 2006 2:46:38 PM
Ok I feel dumb I’m sorry if I am posting this in the wrong section but this I thought bust suited my question. So here it goes. I’m getting an error on this piece of code that I just don’t understand. #include <vector> std::vector<tChapter>... 
Posted June 10, 2006 9:52:44 PM
lua_register with arrays What I am trying to do is register an array of functions to lua from a series of plug-ins this code works just fine to regider the function names and points to the function that will execute the plug-in's function just fine for (int i = 0; i <... 
Posted February 13, 2006 5:51:47 PM
lua and dynamic functions Let me see if I can explain what I am doing and what the problem is I am loading dlls as plug-ins within the plug-in where is information that you fill out to register a new function(s). The functions register just fine like so but for (int i... 
Posted February 11, 2006 2:15:09 PM
mroe complx lua stuff Okay let me see if I can explain what it is I am trying to do. and i am not new to lua. My game engine uses lua as an imbedded scripting. that means there are no external lua.DLL's to port with it, the engine compiles and runs lua. it also also has... 
Posted February 3, 2006 1:48:56 PM
simple lua qustion hello to all the game devlopers out there i lua as a scriping langage in my game enging but i would like to have the abulity to have lua do something like the C++ GetKeyState any thing i try does not seem to work any ideaws 
Posted May 15, 2005 7:39:13 PM
Microsoft I feel really stupid for posting something so simple but I can not seem to figure out how to do this. I have a dialog window with a tab control in it and like normal each tab loads another dialog window inside it. The problem I am having is I would l... 
Posted May 5, 2005 12:06:01 PM
The Game Machine Hay I don’t know if this is the place I should put this or not but I was wondering if any one would be willing to give me there opinion on this it is still a work in progress it’s called The Game Machine it is a level editor for a graphics... 
Posted April 26, 2005 3:42:14 AM
3DS-pASCII-pFORMAT-CAMERA I am developing an opengl application that loads an exported 3ds ASCII file the application lets a person walk a round in an environment third person style that was modeled in 3ds max. . I have most of it working vertices textures normals, excep... 
Posted October 12, 2004 3:11:19 PM
A Progammer with time I’m a programmer that specializes in Opengl graphics and artificial intelligence. I work well in VB, VC++ and mfc (for tools) . I am currently looking to join a project. Don’t post if you do not want to finish what you are working on. Let me know if... 
Posted April 17, 2004 5:27:45 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Game Creation Software I have been working on a program that does just this kind of thing. My program doesn’t exactly make everything what it does is take all of your models and sounds and alike and lets you arrange them on the level how you want. You still need... 
Posted September 15, 2006 2:58:46 PM
The Game Machine I’m sorry about being so slow about responding I’ve been so busy for the past couple of days but to answer the questions about the scripting yes it has an integrated scripting Lua is what my engine is using at the moment but I am thinking about makin... 
Posted August 29, 2006 3:19:10 PM
Ok I feel dumb cool ty when i have some time ill look into it i have a direction now i just could not see a problem in the code 
Posted June 15, 2006 12:26:07 AM
Ok I feel dumb I’m sorry I can’t give you all of my code but I can give you a sample of what I am trying to do. Long story short this is part of my game tools. This is an over glorified map editor. Each level is stored as a chapter and there are X number of objects... 
Posted June 11, 2006 2:44:47 PM
mroe complx lua stuff Cool thanks so much for all of your help I realize now that I was just approaching the problem in the wrong way the wrapper layer between the Plug-ins and LUA is working just fine now. This has been an awesome learning experience for me and I’m going... 
Posted February 4, 2006 1:38:14 PM
mroe complx lua stuff is there any place i find a simple example of a wrapper what will work with out haveing to use the put in lua_State to regitser a function 
Posted February 3, 2006 4:50:56 PM
mroe complx lua stuff Okay so let me see if I understand what you are saying in stead of having function call from my engine that registers a new command I should have my engine read a certain function from the plug-in and then register the command. kind of a revirse what... 
Posted February 3, 2006 3:19:14 PM
mroe complx lua stuff the plug-ins I will be creating for the system will load files, presses AI or just send a strait data stream of some kind to the engine the reason I would like to be able to register a new command would be if I wanted to create a plug-in to load a 3d... 
Posted February 3, 2006 2:27:06 PM
simple lua qustion okay i figured it out im sorry to truble you guys but to any one who is haveing a simmlar problem heres the answer to it first u have to create a new function that handles all of the keyboard input u want and output a newmaric code for each key... 
Posted May 16, 2005 3:28:18 PM
simple lua qustion the code u posted does not work even a little keyStates = {} C++: lua_getglobal( luaState, "keyStates" ); lua_pushNumber( luaState, wParam ); lua_pushNumber( luaState, 1 ); lua_settable( lua_state, -3 ); <on message WM_KEYUP> ... 
Posted May 15, 2005 9:43:30 PM
View All Replies Made By This User