Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Gagyi...  
Full Name Badics Alex
Nickname Gagyi 
State/Province, Country Komarom-Esztergom   Hungary
GD Gathering City Tata, Komarom-Esztergom, Hungary
Contact Info
Homepage URL stickman.hu 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Main Programmer 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1061  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 10/13/2006 10:34:34 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Stickman Warfare - The game It's been almost two years since I last posted here about Stickman Warfare. =>Plot A long time ago, far far away there was an island. It was populated by peaceful stickmen (and stickwomen… stickpeople). They had everything, they just had to be... 
Posted July 10, 2009 1:12:07 AM
Stickman Warfare (v1.10.4) Stickman Warfare (Wannabe MMOFPS) I.Backgroung story A long time ago, far far away there was an island. It was populated by peaceful stickmen (and stickwomen… stickpeople). They had everything, they just had to be happy. But they weren’t. Why?... 
Posted September 25, 2008 5:47:05 PM
Stickman Warfare Download it here =>Plot A long time ago, far far away there was an island. It was populated by peaceful stickmen (and stickwomen… stickpeople). They had everything, they just had to be happy. But they weren’t. Why? They were bored. After so much... 
Posted August 25, 2007 7:46:54 PM
HDR sound? I really think that there exists HDR sound, like HDR lighting, but i have not found any hardware or API that supports it. Do you know any? Or do i have to do it manually? If so, how (with directsound preferably)? 
Posted March 21, 2008 7:55:23 AM
Clipping and/or bending decals Hello! I have a decal system up and working, but I have problems with clipping/bending the decal polys to mesh polys. And I have not found ANY papers or articles on how to do it. Some help please. :) 
Posted October 28, 2007 1:26:28 PM
AI to predict another players movement in multiplayer I recently wrote some netwrok code and bumped into a well known problem: Lagg. I've seen two methods to handle it: Interpolaiton: Basically doubles lagg but never make mistakes Extrapolation: Removes lagg but overshoots Well, it's really awfu... 
Posted August 8, 2007 4:29:46 PM
Interleaving files I want to interleave 9 MB of files (MSN messenger log XML files depending on "time sent"), and I want to do it as fast as I can. How? I guess opening all 50 files and continously reading from them is not too optimal. Copying all the files int... 
Posted August 5, 2007 6:48:01 AM
Verify the EXE file Here's the thing: I have a little P2P online FPS. I have one main server that does basic authentication and NAT introducing. Cheating is not really an issue now, but when the game will have more players, i have to handle it. First of a... 
Posted July 30, 2007 7:31:55 AM
Presorted meshes = much less overdraw? I have a scene, indoor and outdoor, 100K poly, and I want to render it with as much FPS az possible. I have made these optimisations: -Portal systems to minimize triangle count -256x256 textures to minimize bandwidth consume I think now my bott... 
Posted July 3, 2007 11:13:39 AM
Automatic no-inside-LOD Maybe this could be in Image of the day, but i think this thing isnt that good. So. I am a hobbyst programmer, making games and stuff in my free time for free. I have a little game as you se in my signature. I've put some cool programmer art in it... 
Posted May 5, 2007 3:23:35 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Aero Empire: Gyro Flight Wasn't it by any chance inspired by the catoon StormHawks? I just love that show. 
Posted January 17, 2010 5:49:36 PM
Incoming hilarity: abaraba is back, and this time he's fixated on P2P networking! Quote:Original post by hplus0603 What happens when 100 players all congretate in the same spot? You're always priority-connected to the closest 10 people and simply-connected to the closest 50 and low priority-connected (less than 1 update per... 
Posted September 8, 2009 3:42:13 PM
Incoming hilarity: abaraba is back, and this time he's fixated on P2P networking! Hi guys, I'm the developer of the earlier mentioned Stickman Warfare, one of the banned guys from here has invited me to this topic, so I'm just here to share my experiences. I've been doing stickman for like 3 years now, and i have to tell y... 
Posted September 7, 2009 5:23:44 PM
It is possible to write WoW in machine language? A Quick note: Transport Tycoon Deluxe was written in pure assembly and its quite a complicated game. Of course its nowhere near WoW, but this is just for your information ;) 
Posted September 2, 2009 6:36:17 PM
Stickman Warfare - The game Well, yeah, bad timing, it turns out the current version is very unstable, working on it right now. Oh, and the website isnt made by me either, a 14 year old friend of mine makes it, but I'll inform him about this, thanks. EDIT: I actually... 
Posted July 10, 2009 5:39:10 AM
Bunker 23 Kinda Half life 2 with gravity gun only, but I like that style... Pity ther are no news about EP3. Really nice graphics there, BTW, really adds to the feel. 
Posted October 2, 2008 12:40:45 PM
Mesh Warping Effect ? I would rather: vert_pos += sqrt( desired_disappearing_pos - original_pos ) * 0.001; Looks more "pinchy". 
Posted September 29, 2008 2:51:58 PM
Stickman Warfare (v1.10.4) Thanks for all the replies, I am aware of the problems you mentioned. Oh, BTW, can you run backwards with 30km/h? A bit of realism. A little bit :D In every other aspect it's more an arcade than an FPS. 
Posted September 28, 2008 10:01:54 AM
Sending Mouse and kb messages over network... what would be best? I would simply use a fullscreen window, displaying the remote computer. Thus, you would just capture the mouse move, keypress and such messages and send it to the client. (basically the mouse position, keypresses and clicks, not the messages themselv... 
Posted August 21, 2008 4:23:44 PM
Another n00b question: Loading screens Because many people prefer just a big bunch of source code: Entry point -Load loading screen -Display loading screen with 30% -Load Bitmap1 -Display loading screen with 60% -Load Bitmap2 REPEAT //This is where GOTO lands -Display menu... 
Posted August 21, 2008 4:12:52 PM
View All Replies Made By This User