Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Veovis...  
Full Name Mr. Ellis
Nickname Veovis 
State/Province, Country NC   United States
GD Gathering City Raleigh, NC, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.veo-works.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Contract Animator 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1203  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/25/2003 8:20:12 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
3D & 2D Software Information (Check here) 3D & 2D Software List --- (Additional software at bottom) All pricing in this list is using the US Dollar. All products linked to are the newest versions (and most expensive). Some companies still offer older versions of their software for... 
Posted January 18, 2004 10:16:55 PM
Tutorials & Downloads (Check here) All Your Game-Art Needs! (Tutorials, Model and Texture Downloads, and More)Another service proudly brought to you by Veovis Tutorials Search TutorialFind (3D) TutorialFind (2D) Low Poly Modeling (& Skinning) Character Model 1 (non-specif... 
Posted July 15, 2004 2:47:36 PM
In need of the "Good" Greetings all, I won't bother to get into the details of my game, but it's multiplayer...players begin as a neutral human...and have the potential to become something of good or evil. Now, on the side of Evil, I'm having no problems. Play... 
Posted June 21, 2004 7:41:20 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Looking for car trace do a search for 'skidmark'. Google has a few decent (but not quite perfect) ones. http://bayourescue.typepad.com/bayou_rescue/images/skidmark_b_1.jpg 
Posted March 15, 2006 12:27:52 PM
RTS Needs There's an idea I've been toying with; that you don't simply click a button on a building to generate units, but instead you specify roles for your existing units. That's worded poorly, let me explain. You start the game with a few specialize... 
Posted March 13, 2006 6:52:10 PM
Whats Your Ideal MMO? Action and skill based (but with crafting and all that). Not an RPG in the typical "target enemy, cast fire spell (which has a random chance of missing) for 50 damage" sense. No player levels! I'm sick of levels. As players progess they'll learn... 
Posted March 4, 2006 12:45:51 PM
3D & 2D Software Information (Check here) There's been no updates from anyone in about a month, so I imagine this thread was soon to once more be "necroed". I won't be bumping forever, so if it ever does close and you need to post a link, remember that you can always PM or E-mail me, a... 
Posted March 2, 2006 2:11:29 PM
Tutorials & Downloads (Check here) Sorry I haven't been looking for and adding links for this. And I'm also sorry no one else has offered up any in a while. If I find the time soon, I'll try to go out 'hunting' for some good tutorials. And always remember: Post 'em if you got... 
Posted March 2, 2006 1:34:28 PM
Attention Heck, I've done this before in online Multiplayer games. In Tribes2, teammates had a green symbol above their head, and enemies had a red symbol. You could also wear a pack that protected you against sensor detection and thus showed no symbol... 
Posted February 25, 2006 12:51:00 AM
Ever felt bad about playing an evil character? I play City of Villains. Once, I captured citizens and handed them off to a psychotic criminal gang who hack people up and reassemble their pieces into Frankenstein-style zombies in order to further their studies into immortality. It gave... 
Posted February 20, 2006 7:24:46 PM
Design my game! A possible idea just came to me - 'The Busted Bike' You start the game as just a tire of an old bicycle. The goal is to locate all your pieces (frame, other wheel, handlebars, seat) so that you can become a whole bike again and once more be r... 
Posted February 17, 2006 12:16:45 PM
making textures Quote:Well if someone wanted to make a plane texture, do they draw a plane from top,bottom, etc, and then photoshop it. Well that depends on how you layed out your UVs ("unwrapped" the Airplane model) in your 3D program. You take a snapshot o... 
Posted February 16, 2006 12:59:54 PM
The concept of a "hero" One solution to these difficulties strikes me, Have the ability to become a powerful Hero be an isolated, temporary, thing. Perhaps in your game world the Gods meddle in the affairs of men and will grant and take power as they see fit. Or maybe t... 
Posted February 15, 2006 11:00:52 AM
View All Replies Made By This User