Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Bunnz...  
Full Name Bunnz Bunnz
Nickname Bunnz 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.punch-n-crunch.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1017  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/13/2000 1:42:54 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Punch'N'Crunch fun boxing Punch'n'Crunch is a fun boxing game which was developed in our spare time using C# and Managed DirectX. It offers a choice of 7 different characters, which have their own fighting style. Punch 'n' Crunch - is the first game of this genre, whos... 
Posted June 23, 2009 3:49:44 PM
Exporting skeleton from Maya Hi! I have created an exporter plugin for maya which exports the mesh in the binding pos and the skeleton for all frames. The mesh exporter works, but i wasn't able to export the correct matrices for the joints. Has anyone experience with expor... 
Posted May 4, 2003 6:23:27 AM
AOP and games Hi Has anyone experience with Aspect Oriented Programming in combination with games? Are there advantages over traditional OOP. Where do you use it and how (patterns, ...) Have fun Bunnz 
Posted May 23, 2002 9:27:10 AM
Looking for an internship (September 2002) Hi out there I’m 22 years old and have already some experience in the game industry, made some 2d arcade game prototypes and I’m currently working on a cool game engine called PurpleLib. Information about me can be found at: www.bun... 
Posted March 13, 2002 8:38:17 AM
Streamed Date in DirectX Hi In OpenGL there are two ways to store data: Interleaved: Vertex1, Color1, Tex1, Vertex2, Color2, Tex2, ... Streamed: Vertex1, Vertex2, ... Coor1, Color2, ... Tex1, Tex2, ... DirectX uses the FVF which is like interleaved data in Op... 
Posted January 15, 2002 4:13:29 AM
Function Binding for Objects Hi out there! Perhaps you know the generic function binding interface from Scott Bilas (book: Game Programming Gems) http://members.aa.net/~scottb/publish/gpgems1_fubi.htm It works fine, but I’m trying to do the same for objects now and... 
Posted May 4, 2001 11:04:46 AM
SideScroller I’m working on a real nice SideScroller! (similar to Amigas Silkworm - if someone out ther knows this fantastic game) Two players one heli and one nice looking tank For this I use DirectX and also Direct3D (for 2D) Splines for the movement... 
Posted April 25, 2000 4:27:20 PM
Alpha channel Currently I’m working with Adobe Photoshop 5.5! Is there a way to manipulate the alpha channel? I know i can add an output channel, but that’s not exactly what I want! - Cause I want to be able to access the alpha channel (for every lay... 
Posted April 26, 2000 3:58:01 PM
Alpha blend modes I’m the lucky owner of a 3dfx Voodoo 3 card! The Voodoo boards have the disadvantage, that they only like textures in 16 bit and not bigger than 256*256! For my 2D Game I want to include clouds and fog, .... My problem: clouds - alpha blend... 
Posted April 26, 2000 8:11:55 PM
Sidescroller Like hundreds of other programmers I’m trying to make a game! I’s a sidescroller where two players (one Heli and one tank) should fight their way through nice levels with a lot of enemies! At the moment I’m working on the level des... 
Posted April 25, 2000 3:46:00 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
What programming language is going to be used in the future of gaming with directx? C++ will stay the language of choice for professional games. However, C# might be a good alternative for indie games, like Punch'n'Crunch. 
Posted July 6, 2009 2:08:18 AM
Punch'N'Crunch fun boxing Thanks, yes you might have seen it in Hagenberg. Kurt hold some animation lectures there. The article/demo game also appeared in AI Game Programming Wisdom 3. That's right;-) Have fun, Bunnz 
Posted June 24, 2009 9:00:14 AM
Advice for making a 2D side scroller. I would suggest C# and XNA since it is easier than C++ and you can run it on both the PC and XBOX. 
Posted June 22, 2009 1:19:54 AM
structure of a simple game Well, there are many ways to do the same thing with different advantages and disadvantages. Usually it is a good idea to have a class for the things you can give a name, like Player, Level, Camera, Renderer, Enemy, Weapon, GameLogic and so on.... 
Posted June 15, 2009 2:23:21 PM
Advantage of multiple vertex streams? According to NVidia and AMD it is a little bit faster to use just on vertex stream containing all the data instead of multiple streams due to better cache locality. However, what exactly do you want to do? 
Posted June 4, 2009 5:37:08 AM
Which book should I get next? C++ is rather hard to learn. I would recommend learning C# and XNA. e.g. Microsoft XNA Game Studio 3.0 Unleashed 
Posted May 15, 2009 1:42:10 AM
New question! "Properity returning a reference?" Try to make your delegate public: public delegate PlayerContactHandle ... 
Posted November 6, 2004 8:49:28 AM
Maya Exporters I had some trouble finding a website myself. ;-) However, the following is quite cool: http://www.robthebloke.org/research/index.htm You can also take a look at the sources of mine, which you can download at www.bunnz.com (the MayaExporter is in... 
Posted October 11, 2004 4:59:07 AM
What is faster? [x][y] or [y*w+x]? Well, Rattenhirn is right. However, in the test I run I got following crazy result: // linearmatrix for(int y=0; y<array.GetLength(1); y++) for(int x=0; x<array.GetLength(0); x++) temp = array[x,y]; // matrix for(int x=0; x<... 
Posted October 8, 2004 6:08:54 AM
3dsm6 to nebula2 export plugin needed I'm interested in such a exporter too! Although the format of my engine is a little bit different, most of the core of the plugin should be the same. 
Posted September 20, 2004 5:42:29 AM
View All Replies Made By This User