Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know tonechild...  
Full Name  
Nickname tonechild 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.mattmcfarland.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/14/2008 2:01:06 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Finally raised the bar! My own personal bar that is.. Hey all! Check out "Emergence" Emergence is a fast-paced, rich electronic ensemble that reminds me of music from the Castlevania(tm) series, but with a more mysterious twist. The song is filled with every pa... 
Posted August 11, 2010 11:19:48 PM
New Royalty Free License FREE songs Hi guys, I've added a couple new free songs you can use for your projects if you're interested! McFarland BEATS Slipped.mp3 - on front page, top song Dead Waiting.mp3 - 2nd newest song Let me know what you think!  
Posted August 1, 2010 3:52:05 PM
3 New Royalty FREE/License FREE Songs! Hey guys, It's been awhile since I've last posted. I've been pretty much busy working 3 jobs to make ends meet so my programming ventures have come to an unfortunate halt. I did want to share with you 3 new songs I've put together that you can use... 
Posted March 17, 2010 1:37:52 PM
Song: Cyber Advance released Feel free to use this song in your projects. It is royalty free! This one is a little slow but steady, increasing and building unto an triumphant melody. A "tense" melody starts it off and carries it into the unknown. As the song progress... 
Posted September 15, 2009 3:43:36 AM
DRIFTED - New License FREE Song from McFarland BEATS Hey guys, It's been a while since I've last updated my site. Drifted is a fast-paced progressive song that builds up to an intense finale. The song would go well in any action packed game or video pushing an important point. The song keeps you int... 
Posted September 10, 2009 9:11:58 PM
New Track, Uncertain Hero Well, this is my first attempt at symphonic orchestra! It's definitely not as good as I wish it were, but I am going to continue working on this style of music in hopes of getting better. Please check it out and let me know what you think! ... 
Posted August 17, 2008 1:01:37 PM
New Track: Driven (Intense, many parts, mastered) Hello! I've just completed a track that I'm very proud of, if you like electronic music and want something like that in your game this song is free to use. I'd also like to get any feedback if possible from other composers! The song was written... 
Posted August 24, 2008 1:34:18 AM
Royalty FREE Music for Video Games! (McFarland BEATS) Hey guys, some of you may remember me from about a year ago, when I had my old site (mattmcfarland.com) which had a different layout then the one I am revealing to you today. As of today I have finished my new website, and I'd like for you to ta... 
Posted August 14, 2008 2:05:52 PM
If you have a website with audio content Hi folks! I just wanted to drop a quick note to anyone who owns a website with audio content, primarily music. I would love to network with you! Please check out my site, and if you're interested; let's exchange links! I'll add you to my links sect... 
Posted August 14, 2008 2:21:49 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Finally raised the bar! Thanks man! Well I've got more if you're interested, and I have quite a few on my site. 
Posted September 6, 2010 9:30:41 PM
New Track: Driven (Intense, many parts, mastered) thanks guys.. yeah, I personally think it's a good song, but it's still techno, and well, techno can only go so far.. lol 
Posted August 26, 2008 9:44:56 AM
New Track, Uncertain Hero The strings melody sounded uncertain to me, so that's where I got the title from. I describe it better at my site of how I felt about it. 
Posted August 24, 2008 1:58:04 AM
Musicians: Advice for web hosting? Hey Brian, I use Cartika Hosting, and I pay $15.00 a month and it includes 15 gigs of bandwidth usage per month, as well as a 750mb limit. What a like about them is that they have excellent customer service (can deal with them via Instant Messenger... 
Posted August 22, 2008 3:37:14 PM
New Track, Uncertain Hero Thanks Much! It's a lot of info but I will try to get what I can out of it. 
Posted August 20, 2008 3:16:02 PM
New Track, Uncertain Hero Well, I have to break free from the usual techno, that's for sure! I am only capable of creating decent harmony when I stay in the same key. For instance, if I have a lead synth in C, everything else starts with C. All instruments end up havi... 
Posted August 20, 2008 9:36:30 AM
Steam's Mod Files Re-released with New-Look The theme is of good choice, easy to read and nice on the eyes. I Wasn't sure what kind of site it was at first (as mod files are also music files ie: trackers) but after scrolling down along the forums I figured it out :p 
Posted August 19, 2008 9:21:38 AM
New Track, Uncertain Hero Man if I could take a class in music I would be all about it. But I can't, as I'm not in school, and not going to school any time soon. So with that in mind, I can only teach myself or find a tutor somehow. I understand key signatures are lik... 
Posted August 19, 2008 8:38:45 AM
New Track, Uncertain Hero Very good ideas! I think you made perfect sense until your last paragraph. are you talking about the transitions? What do you mean by "key areas" and "key signature" etc? Sorry I am very new to composing symphonic orchestra and have no formal educ... 
Posted August 18, 2008 8:49:02 AM
View All Replies Made By This User