Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know philipptr...  
Full Name philipp 
Nickname philipptr 
State/Province, Country Hessen   Germany
GD Gathering City Korle, Hessen, Germany
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://philipptr.blogspot.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1107  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/28/2005 4:21:47 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
(c++) Easiest way of debugging leaks on windows? I search for a quick and easy solution to find memory leaks, without the need to change much (or any) of the code. Something like mcheck.h for windows. Any ideas? 
Posted July 2, 2009 12:27:14 PM
Slow OpenGL (maybe sw) after standby For the second time this week I return to my pc, which was in standby mode, just to realize that OpenGL applications suffer from extremly slow (<1fps) performance. DirectX runs fine, it happens only to OpenGL. The only explanation I co... 
Posted July 2, 2009 4:55:17 AM
Compiling libraries under windows. I really don't get it. Everytime I try to compile a library I encounter a different problem. Is there some kind of FAQ that solves most problems? Is it easier with Visual studio than with code::blocks + g++? (I use the latter one) Just to giv... 
Posted March 3, 2009 2:00:01 PM
Random particles Inspired by an old journal entry of ysaneya (link) I tried opengl once more. I tried to change the algorithm so I could use it with random values. It still gives bad results now and then but it is much more stable than running the old algorithm... 
Posted February 28, 2009 6:35:09 PM
Sprites in 3d I try to get quads facing the camera after manipulating the view with glRotatef. Whats the best way to do that? current code looks like this: glLoadIdentity(); glTranslatef(0, 0, -zoom); glRotatef(float(rotx)/2,0,0.5f,0); glRotatef(float(roty... 
Posted February 27, 2009 5:26:31 PM
writing in memory of another application Is there any possibility to read/write in another applications memory (with c++)? Is there a library that comes with such functions? I want to write a small programm that controls the camera in warcraft 3 when watching replays, and it seems to be t... 
Posted August 5, 2008 5:15:43 AM
Problems makeing freetype with cygwin To make it short, ./configure seems to run fine but "make" results in: Quote:$ make config.mk:36: /home/freetype-2.3.5/builds/freetype.mk: No such file or directory config.mk:57: /home/freetype-2.3.5/builds/unix/install.mk: No such file or direc... 
Posted June 9, 2008 8:42:17 AM
Green Sea First of all I want to say the following: I set a deadline (which is tomorrow) for myself to finish this project because I just worked on it for so long and the code sucks so much, that it just got horrible to work on it :D So since it ... 
Posted May 31, 2006 8:13:46 PM
chip8 emulation I have some Problems with interpreting chip8 code. Here's an example of a problem of understanding what the code wants to do: from the game Pong: 0x6A02 //Register A=02 0x6B0C //Register B=0C 0x6C3F //Register C=3F 0x6D0C //Register B=0C 0xA2EA... 
Posted April 21, 2006 3:23:34 PM
c++ reading File into ram Since I started to write a little Emulator, I tried to read a file into ram. At the moment im using fstream which doesn really work, since I cant find a way to Import the whole file into one char[]. When I use getline it always stops between... 
Posted April 20, 2006 5:42:42 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
(c++) Easiest way of debugging leaks on windows? @jyk: had a very long search to find the leak wihtout debug tools and finally found a piece of code, where I freed variable twice instead of that one and a similar named one. After that I thought I still had a small leak, but it seems like... 
Posted July 3, 2009 3:07:54 AM
(c++) Easiest way of debugging leaks on windows? I didn't know what the code does, so I thought he might be checking whether or not the compiler is visual studio to because there might be some extra stuff needed for that. 
Posted July 2, 2009 2:51:37 PM
(c++) Easiest way of debugging leaks on windows? Quote:Original post by Nypyren There are a bunch of free solutions available if you search. Maybe I didn't express myself properly: I did search for free solutions and I tried to get some to work (I am trying splint at the moment for example). Bu... 
Posted July 2, 2009 1:07:57 PM
Collision Detection using SDL Proper collision detection between 2 Balls should be rather easy mathematics. You could just use the Pythagorean theorem as follows. If you have the mid points x1,y1 and x2,y2 and the corresponding radius r1 and r2 you could just check if (r1+r2... 
Posted July 2, 2009 12:33:11 PM
Slow OpenGL (maybe sw) after standby ah okay, I am using a 7600gt and wasn't running the latest drivers. Updated now, thanks ;) 
Posted July 2, 2009 9:54:18 AM
Compiling libraries under windows. Quote:Original post by Servant of the Lord [Setting up SDL with Code::Blocks on Windows] I am talking about SDL_Mixer. Quote:Original post by Nypyren .a files are typically called .lib files in Windows land... did you get one of tho... 
Posted March 4, 2009 1:44:46 PM
Compiling libraries under windows. Quote:Original post by swiftcoder Quote:Original post by philipptr Maybe I am blind or dumb, but I can't seem to find the .a files I would need for g++. Well, at least I think I need them... I do, right?All the SDL libraries are distributed as dyn... 
Posted March 3, 2009 3:53:24 PM
Compiling libraries under windows. Maybe I am blind or dumb, but I can't seem to find the .a files I would need for g++. Well, at least I think I need them... I do, right? 
Posted March 3, 2009 2:48:23 PM
Compiling libraries under windows. Quote:Original post by jyk Did you do the 'configure' step? How would I do that on windows? On Linux I would just type ./configure which seems impossible in a win32 commandline :/ 
Posted March 3, 2009 2:32:24 PM
Random particles I wont count fps until I come around cleaning the code at least a bit, but I can tell that it runs fluid on my machine (2.8ghz, 7600gt). It's ~80000 blits of a 16*16 texture per frame. I tested animating it and it works pretty well. I might p... 
Posted March 1, 2009 5:19:52 PM
View All Replies Made By This User