Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know M4lV...  
Full Name  
Nickname M4lV 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.birth-of-the-empires.de.vu 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 911  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/11/2008 11:57:09 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Birth of the Empires - 4X space strategy game Hi everyone, I'm moderating the German project forums of the free hobbyist fan game called "Birth of the Empires" that attempts to recreate the unique feeling of a Microprose title back from 1999 called "ST: Birth of the Federation", a Master of O... 
Posted April 12, 2008 7:41:43 PM
Orphan works bill Update Unless this is some sort of pro-longed april fools, have you read what U.S. government is planning here: http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=27543919 or here? Is this to be taken serious or just hot air? To the matter at... 
Posted April 14, 2008 3:40:20 PM
Cloverfield game Epilogue In reference to this rather heated and closed thread about a possible fan game to the Cloverfield film, I have to add that the guy could be right in saying he was allowed to do what he said he did when having a look at the free fan webisode series ST... 
Posted April 13, 2008 12:03:51 AM
Birth of the Empires 4X-TBS free indie space strategy game Hi, we from the BotE-Team are a group of Germans programming a spiritual sequel to Star Trek: Birth of the Federation (some kind of MoO2) in a non-trek universe (for obvious IP reasons). We've come pretty far and are now at Alpha 4 stage, having i... 
Posted April 11, 2008 12:50:26 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Humane Death Penalty? Interesting numbers and I totally agree on the last assumption. To answer the thing about inherent wrongfulness of death penalty, I'd say we don't need it and therefore it's inherently wrong. Even as deterrence, we don't need it. Replacing th... 
Posted April 20, 2008 1:35:06 PM
Violence in Games Quote:Original post by DrEvil If despite all of this you still think government should get involved I don't know what else to say. It boggles the mind how stupid that is Apoch, that's not okay. I was still thinking that this was needed because Dr... 
Posted April 20, 2008 1:14:17 PM
Violence in Games Why are you getting stupid on me if I may ask? Parental software controls is exactly what I'm proposing too. But in case the parent lacks the understanding of what he's doing (mind my saying so but you won't get them educated in that matter,... 
Posted April 20, 2008 2:11:55 AM
Violence in Games I used a different approach two posts over yours as a result of that. You might read about that one. It's basically the provider scanning his data which he needs to log for 6 months anyway. Then from the game developers side, only a common... 
Posted April 19, 2008 3:55:32 PM
Violence in Games Quote:Original post by Extrarius M4lV: Presuming you could perfect the system you propose so that it doesn't ever return false positives (which I don't think would be possible) and never annoys adults while still "protecting"(to use the word about a... 
Posted April 19, 2008 3:00:33 PM
Violence in Games yep. But it ain't that easy for a parent to decide if his kid is having a gun or not. Sometimes it's really just him getting bullied and maybe even someone else in class has weapons but your kid gets the blame so to speak. Tons of examples can be mad... 
Posted April 18, 2008 12:51:41 PM
Humane Death Penalty? It's the same with police. They can't lock you up until you have done the crime. Even if that's carrying a weapon. They can set you traps in advance if they knew about you but that's their only preemptive measure they got. Even if they stop let'... 
Posted April 18, 2008 12:34:14 PM
Violence in Games They can't turn away the police if they got a judge's permission for a house search. Getting that permission might not even be a problem after having interviewed witnesses, i.e. us pupils, but like underaged kids are, they tend to overmouth or gossip... 
Posted April 18, 2008 12:22:00 PM
Violence in Games me too ;). I know german is mixing sometimes with my english when phrasing. so I meant equivalent to privacy, not privacy equivalent (we germans have strange adverbial meanings of substantives ;)). So I meant that the right of the parent to say no... 
Posted April 18, 2008 11:12:23 AM
Violence in Games The privacy remark was meant as an equivalent to what DrEvil said about me breaking privacy laws if trying to sort out 24/7 kids via online server surveillance. I wrote privacy equivalent, not privacy. Try and read that part again. It had nothin... 
Posted April 18, 2008 10:53:51 AM
View All Replies Made By This User