Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know lucius...  
Full Name  
Nickname lucius 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.darkxl.df-21.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/25/2008 1:36:57 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
My Projects: DarkXL, DaggerXL and Alien Awakening I realized that I haven't posted on these forums for quite some time. I'd like to announce my projects again, for those that may not have seen them before. DarkXL - http://darkxl.wordpress.com DarkXL is a Hardware Accelerated remake of D... 
Posted October 22, 2009 3:38:37 AM
DarkXL Updates A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away... oh wait - not that long ago - I showed some progress on DarkXL. DarkXL is a remake of Dark Forces in the spirit of a port. It uses the original game data and emulates the original game to allow people... 
Posted June 5, 2009 8:42:24 AM
DarkXL - Hardware Accelerated Dark Forces Extended - ALPHA DarkXL is a modernized and faithful "port" of Dark Forces. Other classic games, such as Doom, have had source released many years ago leading to a plethora of sourceports. These sourceports are designed to run on modern systems and to introduce... 
Posted August 18, 2008 3:19:12 AM
DarkXL I've been working on this project for a little while, writing a Hardware Accelerated version of Dark Forces from scratch. It's still in fairly early form, but in the near future I will be releasing an Alpha Demo, featuring the first level of the... 
Posted April 28, 2008 12:05:43 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
DarkXL Updates Krypt0n, the scaling method I mentioned hasn't been implemented in DarkXL yet - its an upcoming feature. (If you look at the FAQ you can see a general list of upcoming features and other information). As for screenshots of the effect in action, I... 
Posted June 24, 2009 1:24:25 PM
DarkXL Updates Thanks for the kind compliments. About the editor: Dark Forces doesn't have a good modern editor, the source code for the best older editor is not available so it can't be upgraded or be modified to support new DarkXL features. So in order to... 
Posted June 10, 2009 2:45:27 PM
DarkXL - Hardware Accelerated Dark Forces Extended - ALPHA A small update: DarkXL Alpha Build 8a has been released. This fixes some memory issues and other small things. A more comprehensive bug fix release should be out in a couple of days. The download link is the same as before, listed in the first post... 
Posted August 21, 2008 5:45:57 PM
Normal from normal? If you think of the problem as finding the interpolated normal at some point within the triangle, then you would find the barycentric coordinates of that point and use those as weights when combining your normals from the vertices. It so happens that... 
Posted July 22, 2008 2:41:25 PM
DarkXL The website has been updated with new screenshots showing levels that will be soon accessible in the alpha. WebSite Check it out here: Screenshots 
Posted May 8, 2008 3:57:54 PM
DrawGo.com launched! The universe beckons... (or atleast a cheesy solar system) [Edited by - lucius on May 8, 2008 3:44:41 PM] 
Posted May 2, 2008 6:44:44 PM
DarkXL I haven't updated the website yet, but the videos are outdated. Have you tried the demo? If you have the full version of Dark Forces (DOS) then you can get the demo from here: Demo Forum Post 
Posted April 29, 2008 2:47:14 AM
[solved] Wrapping ends To wrap your offsets, you can do something like this: /*where deltaX,deltaY come from your keys, -1 for backward, +1 for forward or whatever*/ offset_x = offset_x + deltaX; offset_y = offset_y + deltaY; int w = getWidth(); int h = getHeigh... 
Posted April 25, 2008 3:04:19 PM
View All Replies Made By This User