Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know hvor3...  
Full Name  
Nickname hvor3 
State/Province, Country Grad Zagreb   Croatia
GD Gathering City Zagreb, Grad Zagreb, Croatia
Contact Info
Homepage URL hvor.madpage.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1053  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/8/2005 4:26:30 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
About Gothic terrain renderer... Well, i'm playing a Gothic 2 gold edition now :) So I notice some interesting things in their (Pyranha bytes) terrain engine. I wonder if someone have some more info on rendering details of terrain drawing? I doubt that they are using heightmap... 
Posted January 4, 2006 8:38:05 AM
Monstrumo! v0.6.0 Linux, Mac & Win support - a game is made entirely in Java + LWJGL library for openGL In «Monstrumo», player takes role of an unfortunate character that was turned into zombie with powerful voodoo magic. The story is connected with an isola... 
Posted November 7, 2005 12:04:42 PM
Monstrumo! After weeks of polishing textures, models and game logic and..., I decided to put my new project in public. Open for suggestions and criticism. more info... http://hvor.madpage.com/monstrumo.htm Soon I will upload the game at JGF so webstart will... 
Posted November 2, 2005 9:36:11 AM
[4E4] MONSTRUMO! For this contest I made some FPS hack'n'slash against pirates and voodoo zombies. You are a zombie, too. To regain your humanity you have to "steal" life essence from living beings... more info on MOSTRUMO! [Edited by - hvor3 on No... 
Posted November 4, 2005 5:22:57 AM
MagicWoods ( in LWJGL ) MagicWoods is a little project of mine, but I feel it isn't so little any more . My intention was to build an open ended RPG-style first person game. As you can imagine, I encountered numerous difficulties and problems while still learning openG... 
Posted September 21, 2005 5:47:35 AM
MagicWoods ( in LWJGL ) MagicWoods was initially a little project of mine, but I feel it isn't so little any more . My intention is to build an open ended RPG-style first person game. I feel that now I have finally something to show and possibly share with a openGL/Ja... 
Posted September 21, 2005 6:47:00 AM
3d weapon model in HUD? How? I'm wondering if anyone tried (and perhaps succeded) to place a 3d model of a weapon in HUD. So, a fixed model instead of just an image of it. I encoutered difficulties: model of weapon updates position every frame from camera position and places its... 
Posted September 20, 2005 4:55:55 AM
Texturing terrain - a question... Hi everyone, this is my first post to this forum. Lately I put some efforts to port my 3D engine from Java3D to openGL (via LWJGL). I already upgraded my 3D engine in number of ways, and now I am at proper texturing of terrain. Until now, my idea was... 
Posted September 8, 2005 5:50:33 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
GL4java rapunzel is right. Even better, try to consider LWJGL package. You have first 20something tutorials ported on it, too. http://www.lwjgl.org/ 
Posted January 31, 2006 10:42:24 AM
JOGL installation Quote:Original post by rapunzel what i found the easiest way is to copy the jar file to "your-JDK-folder/jre/lib/ext" and the dll's to "your-JDK-folder/jre/bin" java always checks these directories automatically ... Yes, that is true, but maybe a... 
Posted January 26, 2006 6:55:49 AM
JOGL installation For the "first aid" you can copy .jars and .dlls into same directory as the .java you are trying to compile. Then, when you verify that it works, adjust classpath (for jars) and java.library.path (for natives, dlls). Are you compiling from some IDE o... 
Posted January 26, 2006 6:40:52 AM
Multiple textures Quote:Original post by Kincaid so it cant be done with one pass, even with multitexturing?? It can be done with multitexturing in one pass, its what multitexturing is about. You have to use ARBMultitexture extension, for example: ARB... 
Posted January 24, 2006 6:39:44 AM
Best Graphic card for OpenGl A almost always had ATI cards, to my satisfasction. Now I have Radeon9800 pro which is a little outdated and I will buy X800 (acually X800 GTO) which is a little more expensive then 6600GT with better performance. So that is my recommendation for tha... 
Posted January 19, 2006 4:27:59 AM
Dungeon Hack Yes, its looking very nice. I am always interested to see other works on 3d landscapes. Too bad that i can't try it now on laptop /Radeon 7500, but will at home. p.s. you don't support multitexturing of your terrain for now? 
Posted January 19, 2006 4:15:12 AM
Skyboxes, and the size of your frustrum. I am using skydome instead of skybox. It is like big bell-shaped lid with radius of 50 - 100 units. Radius is a variable, and it is the same as view frustum (its depth), there is no point to draw things that will be unvisible after you draw skydome (... 
Posted January 13, 2006 3:21:40 AM
devIL Import Problem I'm glad I could help ;) 
Posted January 12, 2006 3:48:31 AM
transparenz with light (blend out objects) I don't see why blending + lightning don't work. Something like this: GL11.glEnable(GL11.GL_BLEND); GL11.glBlendFunc(GL11.GL_SRC_ALPHA, GL11.GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA); GL11.glDisable(GL11.GL_LIGHTING); GL11.glEnable(... 
Posted January 12, 2006 3:46:04 AM
problem: colors blended with textures There is too much code to analyse ;) Before drawing your polygon, do the following: a) disable lightning b) disable coloring material c) make sure that your texture mode is REPLACE if that doesn't work, then we will try something other... [E... 
Posted January 11, 2006 9:23:45 AM
View All Replies Made By This User