Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Tallun...  
Full Name  
Nickname Tallun 
State/Province, Country MD   United States
GD Gathering City Bowie, MD, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://tallunmusic.googlepages.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID BattleGuitar 
Yahoo IM ID GuitarOfThunder 
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1016  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/9/2005 7:20:36 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
[Python] Cutting Circle out of Bitmap I'm trying to write a function for determining a player's viewport by drawing a circle on a square bitmap (a list of lists) and setting everything outside of that circle to a null value, probably None. One method I've thought of for doing th... 
Posted September 27, 2009 7:43:14 PM
Making Localhost Visible to Others? My friend and I are each developing a Google App Engine (http://appengine.google.com/) app locally on our computers. GAE apps are available at http://localhost:8080/ when run locally. We're trying to show each other our progress without having t... 
Posted January 15, 2009 6:27:03 PM
[JavaScript] IE Does Not Like Online Script References I'm writing a CYOA game using javascript and HTML. I use three files: - game.htm, the actual page where the game is played, referring to Shade.js - Shade.js, the "engine" for the game, referring to gf.js (by dynamically adding a script object t... 
Posted December 23, 2007 6:58:38 PM
[Solved] Linker Error: Already Defined Here is my situation: I have five files, two source files main.cpp and switch.cpp and three header files main.h, switch.h, and generic.h. All three header files have functioning include guards. generic.h needs to be included by multiple headers fo... 
Posted September 25, 2006 7:12:15 PM
Member Constants and Objects Containing Other Objects of Their Class   I have two questions both pertaining to my current project:   I'm trying to write my current project such that it is valid both in Visual C++ 6.0 and in Visual C++ 2005. One thing that doesn't seem to port over is the following declaration w... 
Posted July 22, 2006 12:03:15 PM
[C++] Static Pointer to Null Instance Declared in Class   I am attempting to declare a static constant pointer to a null object declared inside of the class of which it is a member, but so far, having tried a few of the obvious ways of doing this, I've failed. Can anyone point me in the right di... 
Posted June 21, 2006 8:59:54 PM
[C++] Writing to a New Wide Stream   By a mistake in my code, it created a new wide stream and wrote a short to it without specifying anything about the stream. I'm curious as to what happens exactly. What would this do? Where would the data go? 
Posted June 18, 2006 12:19:46 PM
TI-83 Plus - "Hero" Edit: Problem resolved. See bottom posts.   I don't expect there to be many people on this forum who program a TI-83 calculator, but in case there is anyone, please help me with my code.   First, I'll tell you what code I have. In my code... 
Posted April 20, 2006 6:47:36 PM
Pandora   This site is so awesome that I had to tell someone about it.   You can tell it your musical interests and it'll find other music that you might be interested in, and you can tell it whether or not you like it so that it will... 
Posted November 26, 2005 9:58:11 AM
Installation Problem     I'm new to programming in DirectX, but not to programming or game programming. I'm having trouble getting the DirectX SDK to work. Specifically, I believe that I've possibly installed it in the wrong directory.   ... 
Posted November 6, 2005 8:17:17 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Making Localhost Visible to Others? After having explored a bit more, I've discovered no viable option for what I wanted. @Kenneth Godwin: Port forwarding doesn't seem to allow access to the local GAE app. I assume GAE just doesn't allow this, as you suggested it might not. @Kara... 
Posted January 21, 2009 8:26:59 PM
[JavaScript] IE Does Not Like Online Script References I'm fairly confident that one of us is misunderstanding something here (or perhaps both), but it seems to me that you're suggesting that I should contain the entire contents of gf.js inside of Shade.js as a string, which would not only be n... 
Posted December 30, 2007 5:42:32 PM
Marker World I absolutely love what I've seen of this game. It's very amusing to draw shapes and see what they do. :-) I did find one issue - if there are too many objects on the screen, it seems like you can go through some of them, and sometimes th... 
Posted December 27, 2007 1:54:10 PM
How would I make a game like this? There are plenty of websites that give you free hosting and allow for databases and such. Look for them on Google. I'm pretty sure you might want to figure out AJAX as well, if I'm not terribly mistaken. Myself, I like to use Prototype for th... 
Posted December 27, 2007 11:55:04 AM
[JavaScript] IE Does Not Like Online Script References I'm not quite sure what you mean by using "alert prompts". Could you provide an example? 
Posted December 26, 2007 3:03:40 PM
[JavaScript] IE Does Not Like Online Script References I seem to have found a (possibly temporary) solution, though less satisfactory than it might have been. The problem was indeed with including gf.js, as moving it to game.htm has made it work. I was really looking for a way for it to automatically be... 
Posted December 26, 2007 2:47:19 PM
[JavaScript] IE Does Not Like Online Script References What method would you suggest? You're suggesting that I should append the tag to the body instead? I'll try that. Edit: It didn't seem to make a difference. I'd like to try your method, what is it? 
Posted December 26, 2007 2:38:43 PM
[JavaScript] IE Does Not Like Online Script References It's possible I should have been more specific and said "subsites"; does this same thing apply to subsites? Furthermore, does this apply to local files referencing online files as well? But that information is a good lead, and might possib... 
Posted December 26, 2007 1:36:41 PM
Foreign Music While Therion (a Swedish death metal band) does sing in English, they do also sing in other languages (especially, I think, on their album Secret of the Runes). 
Posted October 27, 2006 9:47:48 AM
Funny videos: YouTube, Google. whatever Quote:Original post by ukdeveloper Dschinghis Khan - Moskau - not necessarily funny, but it's got cult status amongst my friends right now. The Dr Evil lookalike in blue died in early May this year [sad]. Yes, I love that video! I saw it on... 
Posted October 19, 2006 8:38:59 PM
View All Replies Made By This User