Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know easlern...  
Full Name  
Nickname easlern 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1023  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/22/2001 5:31:03 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Need 2D artist for YAFFC (Yet Another Final Fantasy Clone) Anyone with talent will do. I can not draw. I am making, well I guess I'd call it, "The Story of YAFFC" (Yet Another Final Fantasy Clone). Acceptable formats are anything SDL (more specifically, pygame) can handle, which include but are not limited... 
Posted February 2, 2005 5:38:58 PM
Expensive API Calls? Exactly how expensive are immediate-mode vertex calls in OpenGL? I’m rendering a 1200-polygon scene 3 times a frame in immediate mode. The first time around, I calculate a dot product for each vertex, but oddly, this isn’t where my CPU&rs... 
Posted January 10, 2003 11:00:57 AM
Hardware Stencil Buffer in the GeForce Line? I have a GeForce 2 MX 400 and I’ve been implementing a hidden-line removal routine. However, I’m using the stencil buffer, which gives me a huge performance hit that makes me wonder if it’s even implemented in hardware on my ca... 
Posted January 4, 2003 12:46:47 AM
Anti-aliasing with GeForce Line I have tried anti-aliasing with the jittering method using the accumulation buffer as demonstrated in the Red Book. However, my GeForce-2 MX apparently has no hardware support for the AB, so my performance drops from around 60 fps to 1. I know nVidia... 
Posted January 1, 2003 11:56:31 PM
Dreamcast Could someone please tell me a little about development for the DC? I have Kallisti and some specs but I have not yet checked them out. What I’d really like to know is if anyone has tried/is working on a DC app and what I should expect as a new... 
Posted April 22, 2002 6:04:10 PM
OGL display problem Could someone please explain to me why this window does not refresh correctly? I have two red spheres, a big one and a little one orbiting it. As it stands, I have to force it with glutPostRedisplay() to get it to calculate and display the new positi... 
Posted April 20, 2002 2:33:50 AM
Composer Available- Check Out Demos I have experience in many different genres, from science fiction themes to gothic/macabre. I have written MIDI for student films and performed my own songs live. Please visit my humble site at http://users.tc3net.com/trustee/ for some MIDI demos. I h... 
Posted April 13, 2002 12:58:07 AM
Success (or Failure) Stories Does anyone have any stories they can share about games they’ve developed? I’m very interested in what development model you chose (build-and-fix, waterfall, etc and how your developers were organized (chief, democratic, pairs, whatever.)... 
Posted March 11, 2002 10:16:07 PM
How to move meshes in 3D space? I’m trying to move meshes independently through 3D space using DirectX 8 in Visual Basic. Currently, I’m translating the world matrix, .setTransform-ing it, rendering the model I want at that location, then .setTransform-ing back to the... 
Posted August 10, 2001 3:29:16 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Need 2D artist for YAFFC (Yet Another Final Fantasy Clone) Hey, there ARE artists on gamedev! Thanks for the tips. The resolution of characters doesn't matter too much because I'm using a perspective correction that re-sizes the sprites with distance. I just like to have higher resolutions because they... 
Posted February 6, 2005 4:56:13 PM
How to Load a Bitmap Thanks for the reference. Very handy! 
Posted August 5, 2003 3:13:32 PM
Newbie needs help with Milkshape 3D in openGL I just did a similar project for class. I have a Python script that formats Milkshape’s OBJ files into a really easy vector/normal format that has material data if you’d like to see it. 
Posted July 17, 2003 2:17:35 PM
what model format should i use? I’d recommend starting with OBJ format because it’s pretty easy. It’s all text and there are a lot of exporters that support it. Then you can learn other formats like MD2 (hopefully!) without feeling totally overwhelmed. 
Posted July 17, 2003 12:43:10 PM
Are sockets full duplex? I can’t comment on the MMO part, but sockets are read/write for both client and server. 
Posted July 14, 2003 11:51:16 PM
problem displaying jpeg in java Try frame.validate(); instead of frame.repaint(); 
Posted July 14, 2003 11:41:48 PM
Fun People Wanted I'd love to be a part of your project! Everyone here seems genuinely enthusiastic with realistic goals. Personally, I'd like to get some experience developing a real-time 3D game engine. I'm a recent CS graduate familiar with C/C++, Java, and have... 
Posted July 14, 2003 10:46:15 PM
Newbie MultiThreading problems Instead of #include <iostream.h> try: #include <iostream> using namespace std; 
Posted May 28, 2003 11:31:02 PM
What level of pay are you looking for? The projects I’ve worked on (writing music) were all royalties-based. 
Posted May 28, 2003 3:08:24 PM
Engine Programmers Wanted You guys got me all wrong. I totally agree with you. Totally. I mean, it would have taken precious moments and bandwidth to simply peruse dtekfoo’s article and ignore it if you weren’t interested, as opposed to replying to his topic and... 
Posted May 26, 2003 11:27:09 PM
View All Replies Made By This User