Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Viridian...  
Full Name  
Nickname Viridian 
State/Province, Country TX   United States
GD Gathering City Austin, TX, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.viridiangames.com/blog 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1025  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/14/2006 8:16:33 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Planitia - A Simple RTS With Deformable Terrain This is a screenshot of Planitia, the Populous-inspired real-time strategy game I've been working on for about fourteen months now. In this screenshot I desperately attempt to defend my villages from the incoming Red Barbarians. Planitia fea... 
Posted February 6, 2008 12:53:06 AM
Practical Direct3D Programming For the last year I've been writing a 3D game in Direct3D called Planitia. I have written an article detailing the things I've learned during that time in the hopes that it will help other budding Direct3D programmers have less trouble than I did. ... 
Posted October 3, 2007 1:32:31 AM
Inaria This is a screenshot of the final version of my RPG, Inaria. I challenged myself to write a complete RPG in just forty working hours and this is the result. You can read about the making of the game, and download the game and its source at my blog. 
Posted January 15, 2006 10:39:10 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Practical Direct3D Programming Oh, I guess I didn't make that explicitly clear, did I? Yes, the vertex buffers always hold all the current data, but the index buffers only contain the indices for whatever triangles pass the visibility tests; thus it is the index buffers that... 
Posted October 3, 2007 5:21:31 PM
Practical Direct3D Programming Quote:Original post by thallish Looks god. Though I do think that your water would do better as lava. It has that slow moving sensation and bulging feel[smile] Yeah, I know...I may go back and do that if I have time.  
Posted October 3, 2007 12:10:56 PM
Inaria Wow...sorry I didn't respond to any of you guy's comments...but I honestly forgot that I posted this! So here's a mass response! Yes, the game was written from scratch. I used Visual Studio 2003 and the Simple Directmedia Layer to make it. I... 
Posted May 5, 2006 2:54:10 PM
View All Replies Made By This User