Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Lode...  GDNet+
Full Name  
Nickname Lode 
State/Province, Country Belgium
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://members.gamedev.net/lode/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Software Engineer 
Job Description Coding 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1470  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/29/2002 3:24:21 PM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/lode/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
What mouse events does windows 7 multitouch generate? I don't have any computer with multitouch, but a friend has. I can't debug on that computer, just test something now and then. And I can't get it to work. I have an SDL program with custom (OpenGL rendered) buttons. I use SDL mouse events to see... 
Posted November 7, 2010 6:16:50 PM
SDL mouse window focus problem after using GetSaveFileName in Windows I've got a multiplatform program using SDL, with some OS-specific functionality, for example in the case of Windows the ability to use the MS Windows style file dialogs using GetSaveFileName and and GetOpenFileName of win32. The SDL program h... 
Posted November 7, 2010 7:10:58 AM
SDL_GetMouseState vs SDL_MOUSEMOTION Using SDL 1.2, how does SDL_GetMouseState work compared to the event SDL_MOUSEMOTION? The problem is that my SDL application still doesn't work correctly in Windows 7 with a touch screen, when using the touch screen instead of a mouse (I'm not tal... 
Posted October 22, 2010 7:00:37 AM
Mouse click on multitouch screen Hi, I made a GUI for OpenGL. Everything in there uses SDL and OpenGL, and so for example something like clicking on a button, is implemented by using SDL_GetMouseState to check at what X, Y coordinate the mouse currently is, which mouse butto... 
Posted October 1, 2010 6:59:30 PM
How do you prefer your mouse pointer speed? Do you prefer your mouse pointer speed fast or slow? Personally I prefer it quite fast, other people using it are sometimes surprised. But I really can't stand it when my arm, instead of just my fingers, need to move to be able to reach every side... 
Posted September 12, 2010 5:55:58 AM
Best keyboard for programming? What keyboards are best for programming (writing lots of code and comfortable), and why? Thanks! 
Posted September 18, 2010 11:22:19 AM
Question about efficiency of virtual functions If you call a virtual function of a class many times in a row, in an inner loop, does a C++ program resolve the vtable every time again, or will the compiler optimize it so that it knows it's calling the exact same function every time in the inner lo... 
Posted August 12, 2010 4:48:14 AM
The GDNet Classic Black theme Is anyone else using this theme? I'm so used to this theme that, if sometimes when I'm not logged in for some reason, I'm surprised to see GDNet in light colors. I guess I never really managed to adapt to the new colors introduced when the blac... 
Posted July 15, 2010 1:03:57 PM
LodePaint feedback wanted! Hi, I've been improving LodePaint, a painting program I'm making. It's handier, has much more filters and image formats, and has a better looking GUI than last time I posted. The looks of the GUI were not really appreciated, so I tried to make... 
Posted June 19, 2010 6:47:09 AM
Searching the internet harder than it used to be? As time progresses, I find the internet harder and harder to search. The biggest problem is all kinds of auto-generated blogs, and weird pages with search results in search results. For example, I googled for intellij scroll zoom with google to fi... 
Posted June 14, 2010 4:22:48 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Build the most epic video game level ever by posting pictures. Quote:Original post by irreversible WTH Erik Rufelt, L2spell lolkat. receivz is with a z. noob. L2 spell lolcat? Ok, then I cast kitten level 3! 
Posted December 27, 2010 4:36:35 PM
Writing one file games Quote:Original post by japro Quote:Original post by Lode Do you know what this reminds me quite a lot of? I hope it's not the readability of the code that reminded you of that :D. Totally not, more like the one file tetris aspect of this :... 
Posted December 27, 2010 4:02:34 PM
Writing one file games Do you know what this reminds me quite a lot of? This. 
Posted December 27, 2010 3:25:42 PM
New GameDev.net Set to Launch in Early 2011 Looks more modern indeed, I like the comments sections in some screenshots, and the "share" things, and the redesigned G logo. Please do use custom icons for the forum and not the stock ones I see in the screenshots though! 
Posted December 26, 2010 5:23:56 PM
Poll Results [11.11.10 - 11.15.10] - Text RPG Experiment What, was there no "Eat rope" option?! 
Posted November 19, 2010 12:44:05 PM
SDL mouse window focus problem after using GetSaveFileName in Windows Here's the simplest SDL application that reproduces the bug: #include <SDL/SDL.h> #include "windows.h" #include "SDL/SDL_syswm.h" //only needed if you want to do "ofn.hwndOwner = hwnd;" int main(int argc, char* argv[]) { Uint32 flag... 
Posted November 7, 2010 11:35:13 AM
SDL mouse window focus problem after using GetSaveFileName in Windows I tried SetFocus, SetForegroundWindow and SetCapture and none of these fix it. Interesting thing: in Windows my mouse cursor automatically becomes black over an SDL window, white over the rest. Before the file dialog thing, the mouse cursor is bla... 
Posted November 7, 2010 9:52:50 AM
future tech today - stuff you didn't think might happen in your lifetime 15 years ago Many things available today are things I hadn't thought about 15 years ago, because it aren't straightforward SF things, such as: -everyone has a cell phone -GPS systems in most cars -watching movies streaming over the internet at a speed faster... 
Posted October 8, 2010 8:23:03 AM
PC Input of the future Quote:Original post by Alpha_ProgDes Do you think 20 to 30 years from now? Touchscreens will be ubiqituous? People will be typing on a e-paper (or cardboard) made to look like a keyboard, while Kinect is actually doing the inputting. Or even Ki... 
Posted October 6, 2010 7:30:47 AM
Mouse click on multitouch screen Quote:Original post by Nypyren I had this behavior occur in my DirectX GUI experimentation when I was using polling input (Testing with a Lenovo X60T which has a single-touch panel). The problem in my case was that the down/up occured within a VE... 
Posted October 2, 2010 5:07:08 AM
View All Replies Made By This User