Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Uthman...  
Full Name Uthman Apatira
Nickname Uthman 
State/Province, Country CA   United States
GD Gathering City South San Francisco, CA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.i-gear.net/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID HareSenpai 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Programmer 
Job Description Game Programmer 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1245  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 1/12/2000 5:35:40 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
VBO / IBO Woes Hi guys. This is my first post on gamedev in years (literally -- my last 3 posts were in 2007, one post in 2006, then a bunch in 2005), so it's great to be back in 'the game' after going through many many life altering experiences So, m... 
Posted August 26, 2010 3:33:53 PM
this is retarded <script type="text/javascript" language="javascript"> function AJAXObj( callback_function ) { var http_request = false; if( window.XMLHttpRequest ) { http_request = new XMLHttpRequest(); // Mozilla, Safari,... if( http_r... 
Posted July 29, 2008 5:06:18 PM
Weird bug, need ID so.. as part of my religion im typically a very clean person. i dont allow trash to collect in the house, keep my bathroom and sink clean, and basically maintain my bachelor apartment. i usually do Not see any types of bugs at my place. this mo... 
Posted May 22, 2008 7:37:42 PM
invision power board i have the SQL dump to a dated/legacy invision power board 2.1.0 from one of my old sites way back in the day. ive recently re-coded the site and would like to be able to port my users over so that they dont have to re-register. everything is... 
Posted May 12, 2008 7:25:46 PM
Firefox Woes Hello all, You lot are the only reasonably intelligent people I associate with online, so I might as well give this a stab. I have experienced two very interesting type of bugs with the Firefox browser on Windows and Linux platforms... 
Posted April 24, 2008 12:50:01 PM
online payment gateway im about to implement a credit card processing thingy into a website and what i am looking for are recommendations on merchant accounts / payment gateways. do any of you have any experience with these? ideally, I would like something like... 
Posted September 27, 2007 6:46:17 PM
Extremism and Fundamentalism Americans (myself included) generally or at least at some point and time in the past, have made fun of bush's speech abilities--or lack thereof; That said, one thing I have noticed is that a certain catch phrase that bush + co. use quite of... 
Posted August 18, 2007 3:17:54 AM
more light problems i have a rather large scene, 500x500x500 units that i am trying to light up; im guessing the scene is just too large because i only meakly see ambient lighting. could this be because of the attenuation, and if so how would i go about fixing i... 
Posted June 10, 2007 8:42:48 PM
contest ive been having some trouble getting motivated to do game programming or even any leisure programming for that matter, so i did a quick search of the forums and noticed we havent had any contest around these parts in a while o.o’ anyone know if... 
Posted April 25, 2007 7:19:40 PM
Do you crumple or fold? im sure at least some of you still remember the debate we had a few back on popping and more specifically -- crumpling up the toilet paper of folding it; i think in the end, a somewhat mixed approach won: start with crumpling then fold around th... 
Posted April 12, 2007 4:15:44 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
VBO / IBO Woes There's no reason for classes over structs. These should probably be structs as they have no member functions and are simply described. In my case, my padding (the two ints) actually had some weight data which is used in animation. i wanted my vertex... 
Posted August 26, 2010 7:17:00 PM
VBO / IBO Woes You were right: - Wrong element copy into your struct. - Wrong offset on interleaved data. These two were correct. The problem was here: - Wrong vertex shader attribute read I was mixing GLES1.1 with GLES2.0. I don't have any vertex or... 
Posted August 26, 2010 6:39:24 PM
VBO / IBO Woes By explode, I meant the call stack crashes right into opengl assembly code. I think the above example is simple enough that it should work without causing any errors. There are other examples on the net that have verbatim duplicate code, just... 
Posted August 26, 2010 5:43:21 PM
VBO / IBO Woes In the above example, static_draw was used; however in production, stream_draw will be used for the vertices and static_draw for the indicies. Position and normals will be updated, and textures will most likely remain static. I am aware that the b... 
Posted August 26, 2010 4:01:07 PM
Sarkozy speaks out against burka Just out of the curious, if a muslim woman in france (and again, for the sake of argument, lets say she is an orphan, has no brothers, sons, husband, aka no male influence in her life, etc) personally wants to wear one, should she be prohibited?... 
Posted June 23, 2009 3:23:43 PM
The Art Institute of San Francisco nope, but some 8 years ago when I was in middle school, the then professor of Maya who was a family friend would let me sit in his classes and that's how I learned / fell in love with Maya (and hated max). im sure the campus has changed considerab... 
Posted June 8, 2009 6:23:15 PM
this is retarded worked perfectly thanks =D 
Posted July 30, 2008 12:05:17 PM
email CAPTCHA? I think a combined / moderate approach is the best. You said it yourself -- your current system is 99.75% successful; for that 0.25% that fail, script your system to send them a courtesy message along the lines of 'According to our filters, your... 
Posted May 28, 2008 8:42:31 AM
invision power board i agree.. however, curiously, versions of ipb after 2.1.0 do exactly that; all of the newer ipb integration scripts that i have found online and hell--even the ipb Exploits scripts mess with those values (which are stored in a table called `memb... 
Posted May 13, 2008 2:52:38 AM
invision power board ya, the members_login_key = md5(md5(salt).md5(password)) but there are no salt or hash fields stored anywhere in the db dumb. i already wasted 2.5 hours on this so i think ill just regenerate passes for all... '=/ 
Posted May 12, 2008 11:16:11 PM
View All Replies Made By This User