Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know dudeman21...  
Full Name  
Nickname dudeman21 
State/Province, Country GA   United States
GD Gathering City Lilburn, GA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://robwalkerdme.blogspot.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1005  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/29/2002 3:23:22 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
The Legend of Roto Hello everyone, This is a project put together by myself and two other students for a class at Full Sail. We were basically given a week to fully design a game, and six weeks to create editors (we created an animation editor, particle editor,... 
Posted August 30, 2006 11:22:21 PM
Display List Trouble I’m rendering approximately 56000 vertices (114240 triangles) per frame by calling multiple smaller display lists (broken into 2000 triangles each). I’m running an Athlon XP 1700+ with a GeForce 4 Ti 4400, and I know I should be gettin... 
Posted November 30, 2002 11:53:35 AM
Using 3ds files in a game Does anyone know where I can find out how to animate 3ds in openGL by reading the keyframes? I have been to gametutorials.com and read the tutorial on loading the 3ds files but I don’t know how to animate them and, even though I probably s... 
Posted August 29, 2002 3:44:23 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
A Magnetic Adventure. This looks pretty interesting. Good job! 
Posted October 29, 2010 7:09:34 PM
Why do I hate programming so much... Quote:Original post by lmelior Sounds like you're burned out, in which case you need to go away. Not just away from Gamedev, I mean, I'm talking away from your computer and out the door. Go hiking, exploring, or travel if you can. Don't look at t... 
Posted June 28, 2010 7:17:51 PM
Brunhilda and the Dark Crystal Cute. I saw your other project a while back, you guys are turning out some interesting stuff. Congrats on the release! 
Posted June 23, 2010 8:49:07 PM
mesh construction algorithms (sphere indices) [SOLVED.. mostly] Check out subdivision surfaces. Often is it easier to build an efficient sphere by starting from a cube or other such shape, and dividing it repeatedly until you have a sphere. 
Posted June 20, 2010 8:24:15 AM
In game gambling. I have no idea what you're talking about, and I am not a lawyer, but as long as your game currency doesn't equate to real world goods, you should be okay. 
Posted June 16, 2010 7:34:36 PM
SceneGraph & Camera confusion Just to play devil's advocate for a sec, what do you do if you have multiple cameras in a scene? I'm not saying that the scene-graph is completely useless, but you may want to take a look at this article by Mr. Forsyth on the topic. 
Posted June 6, 2010 12:22:59 PM
retail game model formats Frob speaks truth. Also, as the others have said, you will find that more times than not "the pros" use custom formats, suited to their engine. Internally, they may save their art in various formats just so that it's easier for the artists to manipul... 
Posted May 28, 2010 10:07:38 PM
I can has relocation? Quote:Original post by Hinch That was a while back though, the situation could be quite different now. It's worth asking though - they might offer to pay a small part of your costs, which is better than nothing. If they're serious about employing... 
Posted May 19, 2010 8:06:56 PM
OpenGL Text It's not OpenGL specific, but I'd take a look at FreeType. It's got a fairly simple API you can use to generate a texture you can use to draw your fonts however you want. 
Posted May 19, 2010 7:58:09 PM
securing BMP files As was mentioned before, simply compressing the data will keep most basic users and script kiddies from touching the content. Unfortunately, as was also mentioned, if the data is on a client's machine, you might as well consider it open for grab... 
Posted May 19, 2010 7:54:52 PM
View All Replies Made By This User