Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know dannielum...  
Full Name  
Nickname dannielum 
State/Province, Country NY   United States
GD Gathering City Brooklyn, NY, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.dannylum.com/games_projects.html 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID dannielum 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1017  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 4/17/2006 6:26:28 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
D2D Map Editor Beta 2.0 I am releasing the Beta 2.0 version of my 2D Map Editor. D2D Map Editor is an open source project written in C#. I will be using it to generate maps and levels for my future game projects. I will be adding new features to the D2D Map Editor as needed... 
Posted August 29, 2008 10:51:58 AM
Web Graphics Designer/Artist Needed Project name: PPLVoice Brief description: This is a web social network website project with ranking system, where users will earn points to level up and achieve certain tasks to earn badges and rewards. The designer will help us create the gra... 
Posted January 13, 2010 2:59:00 PM
Can multiple UpdatePanels "multi-task"? I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I have a question about using AJAX in ASP .NET. I am trying to create a page consists of multiple UpdatePanels. It works great when I am doing a partial postback one at a time. It works as... 
Posted November 9, 2009 11:36:58 AM
Shenmue fans/collectors check this out If you are a Shenmue fan or collector, I am selling one of my Shenmue collection on ebay. It's a Shenmue II 1000 pieces jigsaw puzzles. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290351631962 
Posted September 22, 2009 12:21:56 AM
indie game development for xbox 360 I have only created some games for windows but not xbox360 before. I am planning to develop a xbox game using XNA but in order to release game to sell in the Xbox Live Indie Games, I need to subscribe to the Creator Club for $99/year. Usually an... 
Posted July 27, 2009 12:54:25 PM
list of search engine filtering words Anyone know where I can find a list of all the filtering words a regular search engine would use? I need to create a searching system for the website with the database. For example, words like I, a, is, are, am, you, etc. will be filtered out. I cann... 
Posted August 14, 2009 4:05:04 PM
My first OpenGL game! This is my first game written in OpenGL, win32 and C++. It is a clone of the classic Breakout Game. How to Play - Earn a free live with every 10000 points you get. - There are nine levels in total. - Start with 3 lives Control: SPACE - star... 
Posted August 21, 2006 5:32:19 PM
Problem sending email containing single quote I am working on a ASP .NET web application that will send out newsletters to subscribers every week. A few of the subscribers' emails containing single quote (') like test'email@domain.com. I have no problem sending out their email, but those wi... 
Posted March 5, 2009 11:44:41 AM
Regular Expression for valid variable name I am trying to do a check for the valid variable name using Regex in .NET C#. However, this code below doesn't seem to work: Regex regex = new Regex("[a-zA-Z_][a-zA-Z0-9_]*"); Match match = regex.Match(name); if (match.Success) // valid els... 
Posted October 25, 2008 1:06:22 PM
free course offered by stanford engineering for those who are looking for free online courses, the SEE is offering free courses for anyone. there are free lecture videos and resources to download. Check here 
Posted September 18, 2008 4:03:22 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
vbGORE MMORPG engine v1.0.0 looks like this is posted 3 years ago, the website probably no longer exist. Very nice project by the way. 
Posted December 24, 2010 11:09:59 AM
[XNA] Simple Problem, i cant seem to get my head around Good for you. Sometimes it is better to take a rest when you cannot solve a problem and come back after taking a break. Good luck with your project! 
Posted October 15, 2010 12:22:03 PM
[XNA] Simple Problem, i cant seem to get my head around How come you have a "camera" at the top and "CameraPosition" at the bottom? What is the difference between camera.X and CameraPosition.X? It is hard for me to visualizing it in my head. Maybe you can show a screenshot of the rendering problem? 
Posted October 15, 2010 10:17:17 AM
[XNA] Simple Problem, i cant seem to get my head around Actually I think the second method is easier and will have less calculation to do and suppose to be faster. But anyway, I think you should first make sure if the player sprite is moving correctly on the map first. Try zooming out the map, and... 
Posted October 14, 2010 5:03:04 PM
[XNA] Simple Problem, i cant seem to get my head around I just realize one thing... Is the CameraPosition not the center of the camera position? Is that why you subtracting (WindowRez.X / 2)? Actually there are two ways you can do. 1. you move the player on the map, then move the camera pos... 
Posted October 14, 2010 4:44:36 PM
[XNA] Simple Problem, i cant seem to get my head around I think you can just set: CameraPosition.X = TestPlayer.Center.X; CameraPosition.Y = TestPlayer.Center.Y; Make sure you update the player position correctly though. 
Posted October 14, 2010 4:33:31 PM
Developing for Windows Phone 7 You can use either Silverlight or XNA for windows phone 7 development. Really looking forward to the WP7 release. 
Posted October 5, 2010 4:39:56 PM
Leadwerks test game This is a very lazy post. You probably want to give more info about your project. 
Posted September 22, 2010 2:32:51 PM
The Dead Never Die: The Chronicles of Survivors ( New Screens - PART III ) Sounds like a fun game. The screenshots look a bit too dark on my screen though. 
Posted September 1, 2010 2:08:49 PM
Windows Mobile 7 There is already a developer tool available for download since March or April, although it is still in beta. You can start playing with the dev tool for free here: http://developer.windowsphone.com/ The final version of the dev tool is announced t... 
Posted August 25, 2010 10:35:29 AM
View All Replies Made By This User