Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know matt_j...  GDNet+
Full Name Matthew Johnson
Nickname matt_j 
State/Province, Country Alberta   Canada
GD Gathering City Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.brilliant-bytes.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description Student with too much spare time 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1323  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/27/2002 12:06:28 AM
GDNet+ Journal http://members.gamedev.net/matt_j/journal/
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
App Store Release! - Spectre - multiplayer tank battles! Multiplayer tank action! Now available for iPhone! I've been working on this project for quite a while as some of you might know, and it's finally done, and is now available for the iPhone! It also works great on the iPad (universal... 
Posted June 10, 2010 1:01:23 PM
Stats tracking database question This isn't exactly a game-networking question, but more of a security question. Suppose I had some sort of stats tracking server, keeping track of player IDs and their scores, etc. How would one protect the possibility of a user faking a r... 
Posted January 14, 2010 1:59:17 AM
VRTank 0.3.5 - Multiplayer demo! I'm finally getting around to releasing the long-awaited fourth demo of my Spectre remake. Download here. Manual My Gamedev.net journal The lobby is up 
Posted June 10, 2009 8:41:15 AM
Potential legal issue Okay, so I've been making a Spectre clone for the last few years. Essentially I've been looking at the graphics and the levels and have been trying to replicate the original game for modern hardware. Now while I do not claim to have invented the... 
Posted July 2, 2008 11:37:58 PM
Happy 500000th thread! ...Or should I say 500020th. :) Celebrate! Gamedev.net is a fantastic site with a great community! Here's to another 500000! Discuss and share what Gamedev.net has done for you and your projects! 
Posted July 3, 2008 11:48:19 AM
Fantastic project advice from the creator of Soldat The creator of Soldat made a great blog entry on "How to Never Finish Your Project". If you ask me it's required reading for aspiring programmers here :) Link 
Posted June 5, 2008 1:00:15 PM
Post internet cliches in code form Here's what I just spent class doing: if( System.getYear() == 2021 && war.isBeginning()){ try { ship.shootStuff(); } catch (AttackedException e) { ship.getStatus(WHAT_HAPPEN); } somebody.setUpThemTheBomb(); mainscreen.turnOn()... 
Posted February 25, 2008 2:46:37 PM
SDL problem with Mixer and RWops to put it simply, the following code causes a crash back to the IDE. I've had messages about access violations, and invalid handles. FILE *f=fopen("sound.wav","rb"); SDL_RWops *rw= SDL_RWFromFP(f,0); m_pvc[52]=Mix_LoadWAV_RW(rw,1); //This... 
Posted February 22, 2005 11:55:19 AM
[newbie] Octree occlusion issue I've noticed that it doesn't seem to work if you check if the points in an octree node are within the frustum to determine if a given node should be rendered, if the camera is oriented in such a way that none of the points appear within the frustum. ... 
Posted January 15, 2008 1:47:25 AM
3D curves I'm looking for a way to create 3D curves, kind of like bezier curves, but in 3D space. What's a good way to mathematically represent these? P.S. The closest thing I've found in Blender is the "Path" object. 
Posted January 9, 2008 11:17:10 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Conlan's Claim I love the terrain art! 
Posted October 14, 2010 2:50:16 PM
&ff in some c source I found Looks like a typo to me. 
Posted September 23, 2010 2:00:57 AM
The best openGL Games EVAAAR!? Quote:Original post by Ryman Quote:Original post by Yann L You have no idea what you're talking about Wow, what has gamedev.net come to? Get off my lawn, you kids! 
Posted June 11, 2010 10:45:34 AM
Programming FOR a cellphone ON a cellphone? Or you could call girls with your cell phone. 
Posted May 12, 2010 11:46:00 PM
Real-time Realistic Ocean Lighting (2) Very pretty! 
Posted May 1, 2010 4:40:14 PM
D2D Map Editor Beta 2.0 Looks very nice! 
Posted April 29, 2010 12:34:45 AM
Stats tracking database question Yeah, I think I'm just going to have to do a bit of simple encryption to throw the first round of hackers off and then just live with it... check for suspicious stats, etc. 
Posted January 14, 2010 10:32:39 PM
The Daily GameDev.net LOL, Mountain Maniac is hilarious... thanks for the link! 
Posted December 28, 2009 3:42:02 PM
VRTank 0.3.5 - Multiplayer demo! Hey! Thanks for testing it out with me! Here's the link to my gamedev blog: Link 
Posted December 15, 2009 2:45:01 AM
sorry for post stupid story. this spent me more than 6 hour  
Posted October 31, 2009 2:15:52 AM
View All Replies Made By This User