Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Kjell Andersson...  
Full Name Kjell Andersson
Nickname Kjell Andersson 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.lysator.liu.se/~kand/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Software Engineer 
Job Description Computers, programming 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1033  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/29/1999 1:00:00 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Fullscreen on Windows 7 with dual monitor I'm having trouble with an old fullscreen DirectX 9 application under Windows 7 that I need to get running again. I'm using a dual monitor setup on my computer and that seems to be a big part of the problem. The application runs fine when dis... 
Posted September 9, 2010 4:56:20 AM
/MANIFESTUAC I have converted a project from Visual Studio 2005 to Visual Studio 2008. After the conversion I get linker warnings: LINK : warning LNK4044: unrecognized option '/MANIFESTUAC:level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false’; ignored How come that the... 
Posted September 23, 2009 4:46:57 PM
Final Duel This IOTD shows a game developed in C# and Silverlight 2.0. The main reason for using Silverlight was that I wanted to evaluate how easy it would be and how well suited Silverlight is for game development. I have never tried Flash so I can't compare... 
Posted March 23, 2009 7:35:05 PM
Exporting .X with EdgeSplit in Blender I'm really new to using Blender so please help me with what I'm doing wrong. I'm trying to export an imported OpenFlight (.flt) model into a DirectX (.x) model. My trouble lies in how the normals are exported from Blender. If I don't do anything... 
Posted November 29, 2008 6:55:28 PM
Fungi Finally, time for a release of an old project - Fungi. This one has been bugging me for some time due to the fact that I wasn't satisfied with the game play experience at first. The development of this game started back in 2002. I had an idea... 
Posted October 22, 2008 4:12:16 PM
OpenFlight importer time estimate Anyone who have experience on writing an importer for the MultiGen OpenFlight file format (.FLT)? I'm interested in a rough time estimate for implementing a basic importer that can import the geometry with hierarchy and texture information. T... 
Posted October 14, 2008 2:55:29 PM
Ogg Vorbis SDK discontinued? I found the article Introduction to Ogg Vorbis on GameDev which says: "First, head over to Ogg Vorbis Home to download a copy of the SDK." I'm I completely lost or is there no such SDK any longer? I found another post here on GameD... 
Posted May 4, 2008 7:22:56 AM
Floating Point texture not working with GL_RGBA16F_ARB I'm having a problem with floating point texture rendering using OpenSceneGraph (which is based on OpenGL). My test setup is the following: * A floating point texture which I manually fill with data in the range of 0.0 - 5.0. * A polygon... 
Posted February 21, 2008 10:39:21 AM
SAS and DXSAS I am a bit confused. I have been trying to read up a bit on SAS and DXSAS lately but don't find much consistent information about this on the net. My main confusion comes from the actual annotation syntax used in SAS. When I read the Direc... 
Posted September 4, 2007 12:27:47 PM
Remember! Remember! is a family game for all ages that that is based on the old real life card game "Memory". The goal of the game is to find matching picture pairs. The game can be played both as a single player or up to four players at a time. The game... 
Posted May 17, 2006 7:46:40 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
The second question about the FFT generating ocean waves. There are certainly a number of ways to generate the initial height field. One way is to just generate random noise data at the beginning. Filter this data from high frequencies using the FFT method described and you will get a smooth looking sur... 
Posted September 10, 2010 5:54:09 AM
The second question about the FFT generating ocean waves. The basic concept for using FFT to generate water waves is: 1. Generate a random height field for your waves. 2. Do an FFT on this height data to go to a frequency domain. 3. Filter out all high frequency data. 4. Do an inverse FFT on... 
Posted September 10, 2010 2:58:52 AM
Fullscreen on Windows 7 with dual monitor Problem solved, thanks for your responses, Of course, I should have checked the output from the DirectX debug level logs. The problem originated from the fact that resources were not released before trying to do a Reset() on the device whe... 
Posted September 9, 2010 10:42:27 AM
About generating ocean with FFT! If you don't want to read up on the inner math of FFT but still want to use it, take a look at Kiss FFT, http://sourceforge.net/projects/kissfft.  
Posted September 9, 2010 4:32:39 AM
/MANIFESTUAC It has been never been manually entered, it came with the previous project files I guess. It looks like this in the command line: /MANIFESTUAC:"level='asInvoker' uiAccess='false'" Even if I set it to No it gives: LINK : warning LNK4044: unre... 
Posted September 23, 2009 5:27:55 PM
Final Duel Horup: I can't say that I've noticed leaks due to the sounds, but I haven't measured either. My entities retain their own sound objects that they use during their life time. The only sound problem I've noticed, and that is a confirmed bug, is th... 
Posted March 27, 2009 3:16:28 PM
Final Duel thk123: I'm developing in Visual Studio 2008. You just need to get the Silverlight Tools for Visual Studio 2008 to develop in C#. I've not tried Visual Web Developer so I can't tell if there is any difference there. 
Posted March 27, 2009 3:13:16 PM
CPU Usage I forgot to tell why yielding is not a good idea when you want full graphics performance. The reason for that is because yielding means that your process is not going to be re-scheduled again until the next time quanta in the CPU scheduler occurs. Th... 
Posted January 3, 2009 7:47:39 AM
CPU Usage When you are running in menu mode, or other game modes where not much graphics activity is going on, you should consider yielding your application to free up some CPU cycles every lap in your main loop. This both allows other applications more C... 
Posted January 3, 2009 7:33:16 AM
Exporting .X with EdgeSplit in Blender Thank you, that helped! 
Posted December 4, 2008 12:29:55 PM
View All Replies Made By This User