Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know U2Bleank...  
Full Name  
Nickname U2Bleank 
State/Province, Country Rhone-Alpes   France
GD Gathering City Lyon, Rhone-Alpes, France
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.Bleank.com 
ICQ ID http://twitter.com/u2Bleank 
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title CEO 
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1019  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/13/2007 10:57:01 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
HDRI Clock Hi, This snapshot shows a close up of a digital clock. The full article about this project can be found here. And a video HD here Technical features are : - Spherical Harmonics Lighting - Complex HDRI post processing ( glare and automatic exp... 
Posted November 27, 2007 11:03:24 AM
HDRI cloud GPU rendered This screenshot shows a GPU rendered cloud. It means that all the computing was entirely done on a Geforce 7800GTX. With this quality it’s not in real time but it’s far more responsive than a traditional raytracer (it’s about seconds and not s... 
Posted March 14, 2007 1:18:07 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Mesh Modifier System how work your modifier ? Are the vertices modified on the CPU or on the GPU ? 
Posted October 29, 2010 3:30:17 AM
Esenthel Engine - DirectX 11 Tesselation it's seems pretty cool but i'm disappointed with this kind of tesselation. Because your rendered model look exactly the same as the low tesselated one. The first interesst of the tesselation for me is to smooth the sharp edge of a model ( like... 
Posted April 30, 2010 2:27:04 AM
HDRI Clock I've just uploaded a Video HD of the project. 
Posted April 9, 2010 6:48:50 PM
HDRI Clock wolf : you're right there's no anti aliasing on the video ( who was grabbed in low resolution ). I used a extern video capture program and yes the video quality isn't that great. I 'll do better next time :) For the Spherical Harmonis I used... 
Posted December 19, 2007 3:50:32 AM
HDRI Clock Vexator : I do a lot more :) So the Average luminance computing isn't really expensive. I doesn't profiled the whole process but you can except a least 30 fps on a Geforce 7800 with this scene in 1024x768. 
Posted November 28, 2007 2:33:44 PM
HDRI Clock Vexator : I recursivly Downsample the Buffer until I reach the 1x1 size. There's a great paper who explaine that : "Photographic Tone reproduction for digital Image" and also I remember of an example in the DX SDK. 
Posted November 28, 2007 1:19:55 PM
HDRI Clock trenki : This mean that we compute the Antialiasing by hand for the Float Rendertarget. Mainly because the GeForce 7800 doesn't support Antialiasing for this kind of buffer.  
Posted November 28, 2007 7:03:45 AM
HDRI cloud GPU rendered Rasterman : Hum not but it will not change anything. The rendering doesn't take advantge of the 8800GTX features like the direct Rendering into a 3D volume. On such card it's possible to have this kind of rendering in real time ( have a look on... 
Posted April 24, 2007 8:08:35 AM
HDRI cloud GPU rendered apat : in theory it's very simple, I convert the Mesh into a Voxel ( it's like a Texture but in 3D ). Then I use different kind of Noise on the Voxel texture to finally render it with in raytrace ( and I had some Noise on that stage too... 
Posted April 9, 2007 1:16:40 PM
HDRI cloud GPU rendered rcpedersen : I was inspired by the paper of Mark J. Harris and Anselmo Lastra “Real-time Cloud Rendering. But also by the paper of Robin Green : “Spherical Harmonic Lighting”, the excellent website of Ken Perlin and some other stuff about the lig... 
Posted March 19, 2007 10:41:44 AM
View All Replies Made By This User