Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Kestrel...  
Full Name Don 
Nickname Kestrel 
State/Province, Country NY   United States
GD Gathering City new york, NY, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.flykestrel.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1039  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/29/2000 2:16:59 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
ParticleSaver PARTICLESAVER ParticleSaver is particle system based screensaver. The screensaver cycles through one of 30 effects every 30 seconds. The particle system loads each effect from a simple xml file. Each effect can have multiply partic... 
Posted June 13, 2007 12:56:02 PM
Convert from SSI to plain HTML Is there a way to convert pages with server-side includes into plain html other than pasting the includes in to the pages. 
Posted August 18, 2006 3:20:15 AM
Unzip program: Is this useful? I was wondering if any body out there would find this useful. While creating a packed filesystem for one of my projects I realized my unzip code was able to extract a mp3 file from a corrupted zip file. Winrar wouldn't extract it, it kept g... 
Posted May 10, 2005 3:27:45 AM
Asteroid Rain - please test Asteroid Rain is a simple top down space shooter. It's about 1.5 megs. AsteroidRain I would like to know if it has an major problems. Does it crash, sound doesn't work, it run to slow, etc. 
Posted March 21, 2005 12:26:31 PM
Tankwars I’ve just finished my website and I would like some comments. On the site there are two 3d games, asteroids and a battleZone like game, a 3ds viewer and some Borland Builder programs with source. Beware games have no textures and programme... 
Posted July 31, 2003 4:19:40 PM
Slerp? I got quaternions work and now I want to use slerp. The problem is I dont know how to use it. I know what the from, to and res arguments are for but what is th t argument for. How many times do I call the function after the user changes their v... 
Posted April 9, 2001 5:35:19 PM
Slerp I'm I using i correctly Ok I’m trying to figure out how to use Slerp rotations. I have it working except for one major problem. It doesn’t work unless I’m looking down the Z axis. If I rotate the view then use my Slerp function to bring my target in to... 
Posted April 10, 2001 7:00:22 AM
Slerp I'm I using i correctly Ok I’m trying to figure out how to use Slerp rotations. I have it working except for one major problem. It doesn’t work unless I’m looking down the Z axis. If I rotate the view then use my Slerp function to bring my target in to... 
Posted April 10, 2001 6:58:33 AM
lookat function problem I trying to write a lookat function so a I can have my Ai ships look at other ships,destination,target etc, but I don’t know exactly how to do it. I’ve spent the last day trying to figure it out. 
Posted April 8, 2001 11:01:45 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
You lie! Quote:Original post by LessBread Quote:Original post by ChurchSkiz Quote:Original post by LessBread And for what it's worth, I think auto-insurance should cover tune ups and brake repairs, especially brake repairs. Then you're asking to get rip... 
Posted September 11, 2009 11:32:18 AM
Food Drives -- what do people actually NEED? Quote:Original post by Sirisian Quote:Original post by Benjamin Heath Money? Crisp, new $20 bills really taste good. Plus they're high in fiber. Donating money is better than going out and buying food to donate. With the money the charity can... 
Posted November 26, 2008 11:03:35 PM
'=' : left operand must be l-value It seems like what your trying to do is assign a number to an uninitialized pointer. If it was declared as struct MD2vertex pvert3; it should work. 
Posted October 26, 2008 7:18:03 PM
lib3ds little problem http://www.flykestrel.com/Programming/3dsViewer.html Its not pretty but it shows that you can view 3ds animations with lib3ds. Lib3ds stores a copy of the mesh's verties and animates by moving the pivot point of each mesh. for each mesh { L... 
Posted February 9, 2008 6:19:13 PM
Almost a Candidate for the Darwin Awards I wonder how she would have done in some other country’s airport. Ya know, like maybe an airport in Israel. How far would she have gotten and what would have happened to her after airport security saw her?  
Posted September 23, 2007 3:11:50 PM
Your favorite leader in history Franklin D. Roosevelt People loved him so much they made him president four times. 
Posted July 31, 2007 6:07:51 AM
5 top 2D games of all time? Super MarioWorld Tetris Contra Zelda: A link to the Past Final Fantasy III/VI 
Posted June 12, 2007 7:30:35 PM
how nerdy are you? (test) 7% scored higher (more nerdy), 0% scored the same, and 93% scored lower (less nerdy).  
Posted May 23, 2007 2:08:42 AM
Printing images...help on resolution. A 2,550 by 3,300 pixel render at 300dpi will produce an good quality 8.5 by 11 print out. Just take your dots per inch(about 300 or higher for color printers) and multiply it by the size you want. 
Posted April 12, 2007 2:35:14 AM
What is everyones take on Circuit City firing 3400 employees? This is not surprising. Just a few weeks ago one of their competitors (CompUSA) announced there were closing half there US stores. CompUSA to Close 126 U.S. Stores And I'm sure you've heard of people going into one of these stores to lo... 
Posted March 30, 2007 3:22:26 AM
View All Replies Made By This User