Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know alfiare...  
Full Name James McClellan
Nickname alfiare 
State/Province, Country    United States
GD Gathering City East Aurora, , United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.thepixelglobe.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/15/2002 10:01:29 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
DirectX Rendering for Image Maps I know this may seem like a shameless plug but hear me out... I've been doing research lately into ways to create more interactivity for a browser based game using ASP.NET, DirectX, and C#. One thing I wanted to look into was dynamic creation o... 
Posted October 5, 2006 11:09:30 PM
2D D3D Question This maybe a dum question but I’m working on the menu system for my game project and I was wondering if anyone knows of an easy way to make D3D go 2D where you could make vertex data be the same as an actual pixel position EX: 0,0 - 800,... 
Posted November 10, 2003 8:19:28 AM
New DX9 Game to try Ok, here’s the latest installment of the game project I’ve been messing with, it’s all done in C++ with directx9. Sword fighting and customizable combat movements with a skeletal animation system. http://www.cse.buffalo.edu/~jrm... 
Posted August 20, 2003 10:40:06 AM
TenKingdoms Update Version2 This is very much a work in progress but I was wondering what people would think about it so far. As I said there's a lot to do but I'd appreciate any feed back from people as to what I have right now, Thanx, Al Fiare Game Main Page File Link... 
Posted April 24, 2003 12:32:43 PM
My new game project If anyone would like to tryout my newest game project you can download it from my site for it: http://www.acsu.buffalo.edu/~jrm29/TenKingdoms/TenKingdoms.htm Click the downloads button. Here's a dirrect link to the file: Download Demo The projec... 
Posted April 4, 2003 10:33:19 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
DirectX Rendering for Image Maps Right now the rendering is being done offline on my home PC and uploaded to the site periodicly. Diffucult to setup a DirectX based rendering server on a machine that I don't have full control of (like the hosting company). I'm hoping to... 
Posted October 6, 2006 10:48:17 AM
DirectX 90b, Fonts, FrameRate Nope your not missing anything, run a profiler on your program and you'll find that it really is that slow 
Posted June 23, 2004 2:17:58 PM
Skeletal Animation I've implemented all of the above with custom vertex shaders and all, what Red Drake said is right. I started off thinking a bone was a line too, you get over that after a while [edited by - alfiare on June 9, 2004 10:02:40 AM] 
Posted June 9, 2004 10:00:41 AM
"I wanna make an RPG!" - Yeah, right. First thing I ever did was a tetris like game, that I never bothered to finish because once I realized that I could actualy figure out how to put things on the screen I wanted something bigger. Next I started a sword fighting game, ment to be a ve... 
Posted June 8, 2004 11:54:57 AM
help, my demo has bad-earthquake syndrome quote:Original post by Qatal quote:Original post by alfiare If your terrain is regular then you should be able to find the three points of the triangle that your character (or camera) is efectively standing on, using those three points a... 
Posted November 12, 2003 7:25:39 AM
help, my demo has bad-earthquake syndrome If your terrain is regular then you should be able to find the three points of the triangle that your character (or camera) is efectively standing on, using those three points and trig you can efectively calculate the exact height of the terrain... 
Posted November 11, 2003 7:46:46 AM
animated characters For my game I wrote a plugin for 3DS Max that will give me the bone information and blending weights, however I never came up with a good way to do the animations in max and export them, I wrote a seperate animation tool that runs in game to do this... 
Posted November 10, 2003 1:53:04 PM
New DX9 Game to try Thanks for telling me about the crash problem, not sure why but I’ll get working on it 
Posted August 21, 2003 10:56:01 AM
TenKingdoms Update Version2 Yup the sword swinging only in front of you is by design for now, till i think of a better way to go about it, right now it works that you can only swing if another character is highlighted. Crouching has no effect, haven't gotten to do th... 
Posted April 24, 2003 9:52:49 PM
Z MATRIX Runs nice and smoth on my PC: P4 2.53GHZ 512MB RAM radeon9000 64meg DX9.0. Really hard, possibly too many incomeing missiles or whatever they’re called, but a very good game. 
Posted April 7, 2003 10:37:17 AM
View All Replies Made By This User