Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Battagline...  
Full Name  
Nickname Battagline 
State/Province, Country CO   United States
GD Gathering City Morrison, CO, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.epochstar.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1209  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/2/2003 7:11:43 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Flash Text Depth problem. I am writing a game in flash, and I have a text field to keep track of the score. I also have several movie clips that were created using duplicateMovieClip. The movie clips obscure the score when they move over it. I can't figure out how to change t... 
Posted April 13, 2006 11:35:29 PM
Flash Projector Question How do you open a web browser to a given URL from a flash projector using Flash 8?  
Posted March 20, 2006 3:39:44 PM
Screen Fade to White What's the easiest way to get the entire screen of a game to Fade to white using DirectX 8.1? I was thinking a white screen sized quad that starts out fully transparent and increases in opacity with each frame. Any other suggestions? 
Posted February 7, 2006 4:54:38 PM
D3DTOP_ADD and Nvidia cards I seem to be having some problems with additive blending and Nvidia cards. It seems like, when the additive blended values of pixels gets too high, the pixels end up rendering in black instead of white. It creates some issues with one of the... 
Posted February 1, 2006 11:32:46 PM
Nvidia Driver issue. I seem to be having an issue with GeForce Cards putting a black box around my mouse cursor. The problem exists only when the Nvidia driver is more recent than the 0.66 version. For the moment, I have been telling people to downgrade their driv... 
Posted January 24, 2006 8:12:35 PM
Epoch Star screenshots These are a bunch of screen shots I've been taking while trying to complete my current project Epoch Star. They're already on my develope 
Posted October 7, 2005 8:56:43 AM
Eligibility question. I have a question about the eligibility of a game I'm writing. When reading the contest rules, it occurred to me that my game Epoch Star may be eligible... although it was not intentional. I believe it contains 2 - 3 of the elements, purely by happ... 
Posted October 9, 2005 12:41:05 PM
Compatability Issues. I've been developing a game called Epoch Star and from time to time I hear reports of Graphics not displaying correctly. A few people have told me that when they attempt to actually play the game, no 3d objects actually appear. Also I've had a few... 
Posted July 29, 2005 12:52:08 PM
Finding the hook I think it's a difficult balance to introduce a player to a story in a game, and at the same time introduce the player to the game and the game play. What I've noticed is that early on players are much more intersted in just learning the game t... 
Posted July 8, 2005 2:42:13 PM
An Alien Opinions? 
Posted July 9, 2005 8:37:31 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Flash Projector Question Well, I suppose I could "exec" the browser, but how do I know what browser the player uses? 
Posted March 20, 2006 7:32:00 PM
Flash Projector Question Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster getURL() maybe? getURL() doesn't seem to work in projectors. It works in a browser just fine. I'm not sure if something additional needs to be done to make getURL work in a win projector, or if it must be... 
Posted March 20, 2006 5:10:35 PM
Screen Fade to White Quote:Original post by d000hg I'd use the big-quad method; it's reliable and trivial to write, although you may lose a bit of speed on older PCs at high-resolution from the substantial overdraw. That's most unlikely to be an issue so I wouldn't... 
Posted February 8, 2006 10:56:08 AM
Screen Fade to White Are those Nvidia specific? 
Posted February 7, 2006 6:31:23 PM
D3DTOP_ADD and Nvidia cards Ahh... the old REFRAST. Good call. I've had problems getting that to work on my ATI cards, and it is impossibly slow, but that's not a bad place to start. Thanks for the advice 
Posted February 3, 2006 11:17:09 AM
D3DTOP_ADD and Nvidia cards Quote:Original post by Scythen That last one looks more like you have Z-Write/Z-Test and a render order issue. Although I would think you would either get green or red depending on the render order… I've never seen a problem with the add... 
Posted February 2, 2006 2:37:01 PM
Nvidia Driver issue. I think I fixed this. Instead of setting the cursor properties to a surface, I call ShowCursor(false) and then I render a sprite in the location of the cursor. This seems to fix my problem. Thanks Everyone 
Posted January 27, 2006 10:18:24 PM
Nvidia Driver issue. They are in the .png flie. I'm not sure if they are or are not by the time the surface gets rendered. Is there a way to tell? Thanks 
Posted January 27, 2006 9:33:37 PM
Nvidia Driver issue. Quote:Original post by pcwlai I have the same problem on drawing particles with PNG textures with those transparent potions being drawn as black. I solved it by changing the alpha blending operations to source alpha and one destination.... 
Posted January 27, 2006 7:03:56 PM
Nvidia Driver issue. I started up my game in REF mode when I left for work this morning. If it hasn't started by the time I come home, I'm guessing it won't. [wink] 
Posted January 27, 2006 4:38:29 PM
View All Replies Made By This User