Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know AliP...  
Full Name  
Nickname AliP 
State/Province, Country Cambridgeshire   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.helta.co.uk 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1050  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/17/2006 6:37:46 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Teranium - The Procedural Generation and Rendering of Real-Time Outdoor Environments Teranium - The Procedural Generation and Rendering of Real-Time Outdoor Environments. Created in a blur of just under three months (alongside a 22,000 word report) for my Masters Dissertation. The entire environment is created using some form... 
Posted September 17, 2006 4:31:14 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Real time planets on the GPU Superb! Really fantastic looking. Would you mind giving a brief explanation as to how you're lighting and texturing?  
Posted November 2, 2006 3:29:58 PM
Teranium - The Procedural Generation and Rendering of Real-Time Outdoor Environments Wow guys, Thanks for the really kind words - was much more than I expected so thank you. To answer a few of your questions... :) ZQJ - The shadows do move slowly in the wind (just a couple of sin curves modulated, based upon the leaves above... 
Posted September 20, 2006 8:24:03 AM
Teranium - The Procedural Generation and Rendering of Real-Time Outdoor Environments Heh no, It's running on DX9, Windows XP. I just have a fancy skin on :) And yeah, as I mentioned I will hope to release a demo once I've cleaned it up and optimised it a little. 
Posted September 18, 2006 12:09:07 PM
Teranium - The Procedural Generation and Rendering of Real-Time Outdoor Environments Yeah, the dissertation will probably appear on my portfolio website within a week or so. 
Posted September 18, 2006 9:25:47 AM
Teranium - The Procedural Generation and Rendering of Real-Time Outdoor Environments Hi Shiny, Thanks for the comments. I'll probably be applying to the games field, so with that basis I suppose It does suit. Oblivion and SpeedTree were big inspirations - plus the GPU Gems books are invaluable. As for speed. Heh. It's not so ba... 
Posted September 17, 2006 7:29:42 PM
Teranium - The Procedural Generation and Rendering of Real-Time Outdoor Environments Hi Guys, Thanks for the kind words. A little more information and to answer some of your questions: The trees aren't quite as polished as I'd have hoped, time just got the better of me. I do intend to polish them up. The shadows are a proced... 
Posted September 17, 2006 6:56:22 PM
View All Replies Made By This User