Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Brad789...  
Full Name Brad Ottoson
Nickname Brad789 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL wyvernstudios.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Programmer 
Job Description Programmer 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1022  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/19/2002 3:04:33 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Texture border performance on some ati cards I'm writing a terrain rendering library that currently uses OpenGL as it's rendering api. I'm testing it on a Radeon x700 and a Radeon HD 4200 integrated chip. When I use texture borders(which eliminates some artifacts between adjacent tiles i... 
Posted March 2, 2010 3:23:45 PM
Appropriate locatation for user specific file in Windows When I store user specific data in windows(Vista) I think the appropriate place to store saved games and such is C:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\MyProgram but I see a lot of programs using C:\Users\Me\MyProgram. Is there a reason some programs use C:\User... 
Posted July 31, 2009 4:11:53 PM
Aphelion: Phoenix Rising This is my second post of images for Aphelion: Phoenix Rising. We've been rounding up some media lately because we're entering into the Level Up 2009, Intel Visual Adrenaline Game Demo Challenge. Our entry is at http://software.intel.com/en-us/co... 
Posted June 9, 2009 10:27:54 AM
Aphelion: Phoenix Rising These are screen shots from a 4X(explore, expand, exploit and exterminate) game in progress, Aphelion: Phoenix Rising. The game uses OpenGL for rendering and OpenAL for sound. My business parter and I have been working on it for longer than I... 
Posted October 28, 2006 2:26:49 AM
Combining read and write for io I do a lot of reading and writing from files and streams. I was thinking, I could combine read and write into one function and it would reduce code and bugs. I was planning on first making a virtual class iostream like: #ifndef UGStrea... 
Posted April 8, 2006 1:28:11 PM
Game Content Pack utility Hey all, I notice a lot of post on gamedev.net about file formats, the problems of finding a good well documented file format. Half the formats available are years old and don't support skeletal animation and such. To be even pickier, I wan... 
Posted June 20, 2005 11:12:43 PM
Yet another OpenAL question with no place better to go I’m running windows XP and have onboard audio through the nForce2 chip. The OpenAL demo doesn’t work and neither will my OpenAL program that worked on my old computer. I’ve downloaded what I think is the most recent vers... 
Posted June 25, 2003 12:57:53 AM
Yet Another Gimbal Lock Question I can impliment quaternions, but will Gimbal Lock still occur if I build matrices from these quaternions and use matrix multiplication to add rotations? Is it the loss of precision when multiplying of matrices that causes Gimbal Lock? Thanks.  
Posted February 12, 2003 3:10:19 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Texture border performance on some ati cards In conclusion... I tried NPOT textures but I had about a 20% drop in frame rates, which isn't horrible but I think instead of using the NPOT textures I'll try using 510x510 textures with a 1 pixel border(but not say I'm using a border) then modify... 
Posted March 16, 2010 2:06:42 AM
Architectural Demo I think your demo looks great. The scene has a real global illumination feel to it. You said not to expect to much from the lighting so I'm not sure if you planned on changing some things, but I though the vertical/horizontal glow coming from... 
Posted March 14, 2010 6:08:47 PM
Null Pointer Exception? When you make an array of objects in Java you still have to individually initialize the members of the array. Your array of strings should be ok because each element is assigned to a the string returned by nextLine. I don't see the inv array elemen... 
Posted December 10, 2009 9:59:29 PM
some DevIL and OpenGL texture questions If the textures is showing up upside down it is probably because in DirectX the coordinate 0,0 is at the top left of the image and in OpenGL the coordinate 0,0 is at the bottom left of the image. I haven't used DevIL since they were known as OpenIL... 
Posted December 9, 2009 3:23:36 PM
file read not working right One thing to check is to change cout<<"data "<<data<<" vec "<<vec[i]<<endl;//this is not the same to cout<<"data "<<data<<" vec "<<vec[vec.size() - 1]<<endl;//this should be the same ... 
Posted November 21, 2009 11:44:59 PM
Aphelion: Phoenix Rising Our game has been inspired by several turn based strategy games, including Masters of Orion. 
Posted June 10, 2009 1:56:12 PM
Cg shader problem when switching to fullscreen This is a wild guess but I wonder if the current working directory is changed somehow when those dialogs open... I'm curious if you have the same problem if you give the full path to the cg file. 
Posted April 19, 2009 10:47:14 PM
Raknet vs OpenTNL I've used both these libraries, purchased an indie programmer license for TNL and will eventually buy one for RakNet. I started out on TNL a few years ago using it as the networking library for the turn based strategy game I'm working ... 
Posted February 28, 2009 11:45:32 PM
Aphelion: Phoenix Rising There will be a Beta at some point but probably not a demo, though it's not set in stone. Either way it will be a while before we're ready for either of those. I'll be posting screens when we have more of the game to show, and release updates o... 
Posted October 31, 2006 8:54:44 PM
Aphelion: Phoenix Rising Thanks for the feedback we're glad you like it. Brad 
Posted October 28, 2006 8:50:09 PM
View All Replies Made By This User