Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know ontheheap...  
Full Name Stephen Brown
Nickname ontheheap 
State/Province, Country FL   United States
GD Gathering City New Port Richey, FL, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.stembro.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1463  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/28/2004 1:06:21 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Wii friends codes. The friend code is how you connect with other Wii's and share Mii's. Some time next year Nintendo will finally release multiplayer games/patches letting "friended" Wii's play with each other (sorry...). Mine is 5724 7424 9444 9635 and my Mii is named... 
Posted November 26, 2006 11:35:15 AM
Network Printing [Solved - Read For Solution] I have an HP PSC 1210 all-in-one printer which is connected to my desktop pc via usb. The desktop is running windows xp w/ sp2. I can print documents from the desktop fine. I have a wireless network setup on this computer and a iBook G4 that con... 
Posted June 27, 2006 12:39:51 PM
SDL: Window FS Window FS HANG (solved) I've begun working on a(nother) SDL-based 2D engine but I've ran into a problem with switching back and forth between windowed and fullscreen modes. Basically, after a couple of switches the SDL window/screen hangs (always when going from fullsc... 
Posted February 28, 2006 8:37:19 AM
Jar Files and GDNet+ Web Space Quote: Allowed File Types: avi, bmp, bz2, css, cpp, h, cc, c, java, js, cs, doc, gif, gz, htm, html, jpg, jpeg, mov, mpg, pdf, png, psd, rar, tar, swf, tga, tgz, tif, txt, xml, zip I would like to see jar added to this list! 
Posted December 8, 2005 1:03:01 PM
Canvascape I ran across this story on /. a few minutes ago and figured I'd share the link to the page in question. It's done using the canvas tag which is apparently found in Firefox (1.5), Safari, and Opera. Pretty damn cool for it being written... 
Posted November 27, 2005 8:34:39 PM
LSAT Prep My Wife wants to take the LSATs in February and I was wondering if any of you know of any free resources for learning how to "master" the logic games. The book I'd like to get is here, but considering the LSAT + LSDAS is over $200 (not to mention the... 
Posted November 20, 2005 10:34:30 PM
"Very cool illusion" Clickeroo. I don't really have much to say about this except that I think it's neat. Check it out. 
Posted November 5, 2005 2:24:14 PM
Help setting up JOGL OSX Natives 1.1.1 with Eclipse 3.1 [Solved] I'll try to keep this as short as possible: I'm attempting to run a sample JOGL application from within Eclipse. I've imported the jogl.jar archive file fine, but when I go to run one of two things happens: 1. I select "Run as application"... 
Posted October 14, 2005 12:48:39 PM
Help with Chain Rule problem (Solved) I've been stuck on this for the last 20 minutes, trying to figure out why the back of my book is getting the answer it is. Here's the problem and what I've done: And yes, this is (non-graded) homework. The Problem Find: dy/dx at x = 2 G... 
Posted October 11, 2005 1:03:36 PM
Graphing Software I've been looking for an application for OS X that can plot linear equations (such as vertical motion) over a range of values. I'm having a hard time drawing decent graphs (they look like they were drawn by a 5 year old) in one of my labs and I'... 
Posted October 4, 2005 1:21:07 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Happy pride everyone! This type of crap makes my blood boil. Hopefully those scumbags will at least lose their jobs for this, but I doubt it. Maybe someday we'll live in a society where we all have respect and compassion for fellow humans.. I doubt I'll live to see it, bu... 
Posted June 29, 2009 3:21:52 AM
how to split a string in c++? There's boost tokenizor and boost string algorithm. Example: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <vector> #include <boost/tokenizer.hpp> #include <boost/algorithm/string.hpp> using namespace std... 
Posted June 21, 2009 2:46:17 AM
Learning Physics Have you checked out Khan Academy? He has a bunch of short video lectures on all sorts of topics, including physics lectures on everything from projectile motion to electromagnetism (basically what you would cover in two semesters of physic... 
Posted June 20, 2009 1:25:18 PM
Quick question in SDL Make sure your main function is defined as: int main( int argc, char* argv[] ) Make sure you are linking against SDL.lib and SDLmain.lib Edit: Fixed the wrong version of "your" above ;) 
Posted June 20, 2009 2:54:25 AM
Correct game C++ OOP impl. in main? Quote:Original post by Sneftel Everyone who posted in this thread needs to read about the bike shed. That was great. "... the amount of noise generated by a change is inversely proportional to the complexity of the change." =) 
Posted June 18, 2009 1:24:10 AM
using string to trim filename from path Quote:Original post by SelethD I tried system.io.path, and its not working for me. I need simply to know how to remove the text from a String after the last occuring '/' What do you mean "its not working" for you? Please post the relevant code... 
Posted December 22, 2008 7:01:32 PM
using string to trim filename from path Quote:Original post by SelethD I am new to C# and I have never used the String class much. I have a complete path in a String String myPath = "C:\\directory\\subdirectory\\file.dat"; what can i do with myPath to get it to hold the data...... 
Posted December 22, 2008 6:24:28 PM
c++ sending keypresses to website Look into InternetExplorer objects in VBScript. Example: Set IE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application") IE.Visible = False IE.Silent = True IE.Navigate "http://www.google.com" Do While IE.Busy ... 
Posted June 12, 2008 8:08:19 PM
Need text wrapping code A comment system we use at work has limitations on the number of characters that will fit on a line, as well as the number of lines that will fit on a screen. I wrote an HTA script to make posting the comments easier. Here's my text-wr... 
Posted June 12, 2008 7:42:57 PM
Please help me understand some basic electrical concepts OMG I would have liked to have known about this site when I took physics last semester! I didn't really understand anything in the book we used. 
Posted March 29, 2007 5:57:25 PM
View All Replies Made By This User