Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know OremLK...  
Full Name  
Nickname OremLK 
State/Province, Country TX   United States
GD Gathering City Waco, TX, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://anchorcast.blogspot.com/ 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1036  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 9/28/2007 3:26:47 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Core Fighter released! Core Fighter has now been released! I coded Core Fighter entirely in XNA 1.0 Refresh and made all of the music and almost all of the art myself over the course of 5 months. It's my first graphical game and my first foray into the independent game... 
Posted February 25, 2008 3:38:51 PM
Core Fighter Although there's no demo yet, I wanted to post some screenshots and information about Core Fighter as it nears completion. Core Fighter is a futuristic top-down shooter developed in XNA 1.0 Refresh for Windows systems. I've been working on t... 
Posted January 4, 2008 10:35:48 AM
Level design - what's a developer looking for? Level design jobs hold a unique place in the industry, since they don't typically require a degree (university degrees are too far removed from a level designer's actual job, in most cases) and amateur experience (modding) can be almost as beneficial... 
Posted December 10, 2007 12:56:01 PM
Basic pathfinding struggles I've been working on a 2D game for the past couple of months--a free-roaming top-down shooter that takes place in simple mazes of corridors. (Think Gauntlet in basic navigation.) After spending hours beating my head against the wall last nig... 
Posted December 5, 2007 7:31:10 PM
Does C# clean up unreferenced objects at runtime? I know C# takes care of garbage collection automatically, but I'm unclear as to whether this only occurs when the program closes or whether it happens the moment an object (instance of a class) is unreferenced. In other words, do I need to ma... 
Posted November 13, 2007 5:09:26 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
The Lost City of Malathedra reaches beta stage! Isometric cartoon art... really neat. 
Posted March 31, 2008 2:04:19 PM
Photoshop help please It's called pre-rendering. You take a still image (or a series of still images for an animation), which is called a render, of a 3D model. Then you output that onto the screen instead of rendering the model in real-time. The model itself mi... 
Posted March 6, 2008 9:05:09 PM
Micro-Shooter idea Quote:Original post by Mephs Yeah, it also bothers me that shooter games do not tend to perform too well. Having said that though, I have had great difficulty locating a single player top down shooter. Trust me, there are loads of them, especi... 
Posted March 6, 2008 7:44:33 PM
Micro-Shooter idea Don't do it if you're hoping to make money off it. Unless you have stellar production values (meaning fantastic art and everything) or a really unique style (like Platypus did with claymation) shooters are a bad idea, especially futuristic/spac... 
Posted March 6, 2008 7:08:18 PM
XNA - should I spend time on it? Whatever you do, learn to program in the language first. A lot of people seem to want to jump right into graphical game programming, but if you don't have a solid foundation in programming, you won't get far before getting confused and giving up. ... 
Posted March 6, 2008 10:10:56 AM
best game engine below 7000$ You could try Torque. It's cheap enough that if it doesn't work out, it wouldn't kill you to try something else. 
Posted March 4, 2008 4:10:51 PM
Getting Started with C# I would suggest steering clear of C# for indie games. Were you think Managed DirectX, or XNA? Either way, I don't think it's a wise choice, because distributing .NET games particularly is very difficult in the downloadable market. For 2D games,... 
Posted February 29, 2008 3:33:38 AM
Core Fighter released! So far, no, but I expected the sales to be really slow; it's not a popular kind of game to buy. Also, I had some problems with the demo at first which are now hopefully fixed (so if anybody tried it and it didn't work, give it another go!). 
Posted February 28, 2008 4:34:20 AM
Delivery-Game Tactial Teambased Shooter WIP That looks really great. How is B3D to work with? I'm springing for BlitzMax in a few days myself. 
Posted February 28, 2008 1:47:09 AM
Going into game programming as a career. Drop the second minor and spend the time making some mods or indie games instead. Full projects, start to finish. It'll look a lot more impressive on your resume. 
Posted February 28, 2008 1:39:26 AM
View All Replies Made By This User