Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know megaderek...  
Full Name Derek Long
Nickname megaderek 
State/Province, Country
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.megaderek.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1064  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/10/2004 6:54:49 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Driving Speed Pro This is our latest release Driving Speed Pro. A racing game for PC. It features: - 9 cars and 4 tracks. - Quick Race and Career Modes. - Networked Multiplayer - Online lap records. - Performance upgrades. - Car damage and repairs. - Se... 
Posted February 3, 2010 2:26:36 AM
Driving Speed 2 Free Full Game This is a game I have been working on in with a small team of people, we worked on this in our spare time in a non-commercial environment. This represents the next iteration of the Driving Speed software. Driving Speed 2 is a free high q... 
Posted April 17, 2008 10:06:15 AM
Driving Speed tech demo V1.2c This is V1.2c tech demo of my racing game called Driving Speed. Due to being under constant development there are still some bugs etc... but the demo can be found here: http://www.megaderek.com/driving/news.php I've been working on this g... 
Posted September 18, 2005 8:57:41 AM
3d artist required for independent racing game I am a programmer who has been working on a racing game for some time now. A tech demo and screen shots showing the current state of the game can be seen at: http://www.megaderek.com/driving/news.php Right now I am looking for skilled 3D... 
Posted November 10, 2004 7:25:07 AM
Driving Speed (Work in Progress) Tech Demo (Work in Progress) Tech Demo V1.0 is now available This is Driving Speed, a very much "work in progress" game that I have decided to release my first tech demo for. Due to being under constant development it only supports Pixel Shader graphic... 
Posted November 10, 2004 9:04:45 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Driving Speed Pro I use ODE for physics but the wheels are setup as frictionless and I compute manually all the forces to apply. It's the only way to do it when creating a complex handling model. 
Posted February 3, 2010 5:52:11 PM
Driving Speed 2 Free Full Game Quote:Original post by V-man I'm on Vista 32 bit. Drivers up to date. This application has failed to start because d3dx9_31.dll was not found. I doubt I can install DX9 on Vista. It is suppose to have DX10 Even though you may have DX1... 
Posted April 22, 2008 9:54:29 AM
Driving Speed 2 Free Full Game Quote:Original post by Skeezix wow superb graphics!!!and the shines in the car wow!!! can you tell me what software and language you used to make this.. Its coded with Visual C++ Quote:Original post by Vampyre_Dark How does this run &#... 
Posted April 19, 2008 9:52:41 AM
Driving Speed 2 Free Full Game Yes there is a predecessor we released many iterations of Driving Speed up until about 1.18, the latest one that is still on download.com is 1.16 I was kind of aware of the soundcard problem, I noticed it once on a machine tha... 
Posted April 17, 2008 9:57:07 PM
Driving Speed tech demo V1.2c evanofsky thanks for the picture, I think I might have an idea of whats going on there. I think one of the shadow textures is getting corrupted.  
Posted September 21, 2005 8:03:10 PM
Driving Speed tech demo V1.2c Thanks all for the feedback, its always good to hear. Most of the issues in this demo will be resolved soon. I'd only decided to release a demo a few days earlier. As for the Saitek X45 controller issue I'll definately look into it. I should... 
Posted September 20, 2005 8:58:47 AM
View All Replies Made By This User