Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know MegaNeg...  
Full Name Dave Negulici
Nickname MegaNeg 
State/Province, Country MA   United States
GD Gathering City Boston, MA, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.negdesign.com 
ICQ ID 273412246 
AIM ID TheMegaNeg 
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1023  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 8/14/2006 9:55:48 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
This is not URI, but what is it? I have been searching through the web like a madman for the last few days trying to figure out how to use a syntax such as this for my own web site http://www.example.com/Default.aspx/topic1/topic2/?query=whatever the part that interests me is... 
Posted December 3, 2006 8:16:08 PM
Neg3D Rendering Toolkit (RTK) Hello All, My name is David Negulici, a long while back I had made a piece of 3D modeling software called Neg3D (which never made it out of beta). With alot of the code and ideas that I used to make that application, I decided to create an open-sour... 
Posted August 15, 2006 7:49:53 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
problem rendering rectangle using C++ jpetrie could be right and I might be wrong on this, but your coords are just fine, if I remember correctly. D3DFVF_XYZRHW takes windows coordinates then transforms them into the (-1,1) range by dividing the W coord. it seems to me that you a... 
Posted February 13, 2007 10:39:41 AM
Germany wants a EU law for violent video games Quote:Original post by Sentralia This is why I'm proud to be an American! Congratulations, I wish you well on that endeavor... Now go watch NASCAR and tap a keg of Bud Light and keep out of political discussions, because that's what a good ste... 
Posted January 18, 2007 12:53:13 PM
Hellbent Quote:Original post by spartanx In what case would it be illegal? As I said I wasnt sure if their "don't redistibute individual components" policy applied to Manged DirectX. When MS moved D3DX to a dll, the EULA or some other notice they had, res... 
Posted January 10, 2007 6:44:14 PM
Hellbent There is just something that I like alot about the style of graphics, very sharp and bright. Especially the "Master Chief" Halo-like main character. But I had a few things that bothered me, first was trying to figure out the controls, usually... 
Posted January 10, 2007 4:46:27 PM
XNA Magic announced its probably not important, but while clicking in their community page one of the images they had at address (http://xnaimages.s3.amazonaws.com/imageframe.jpg) got quarantined as a possible virus my AV, the other image link also "jpg" on th... 
Posted January 8, 2007 10:29:49 PM
Picking Vertices since by casting a ray due to it being too precise you would most likely miss, and what if you wanted to select more than one, iterating through the verts with a ray test over would be a giant waste. Since you say you use opengl, the quick f... 
Posted January 4, 2007 6:28:43 PM
Rip apart this site. =) You seem to have found the only gray background colors that dither awfully on my LCD monitor. Even though my monitor is not the best, your site was the first experience quite this annoying to my eyes. If you decide to keep the dark color sc... 
Posted January 3, 2007 6:33:26 PM
Hmm Particle Engine and Immediate mode I believe the OpenGL state machine is reserved to in all of its commands, in other words it communicates every action with the driver that you are using (be it an ICD or the default software rasterizer, or MESA, etc.). It is up to that driver to pe... 
Posted December 28, 2006 1:19:48 AM
"low-quality rendering" strange idea, but I doubt you'd be able to get away with it in more than one game or so. This would be great when hi-rez VR headsets are found in every home, or we are all cyberized (think Ghost in the Shell) playing games in our "mind's eye" th... 
Posted December 28, 2006 12:51:54 AM
Ugly lines in 2D sprites Quote:Original post by D-Slicer But I don't get it, for example 0,0 and 1,1 is the same point? Wtfm8? And sidelength? Does he mean sprite width? Or sprite height? Or what? :S it means that if your total texture size is 256x256 for example using... 
Posted December 28, 2006 12:19:20 AM
View All Replies Made By This User