Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know CheeseMonger...  
Full Name  
Nickname CheeseMonger 
State/Province, Country Derbyshire   United Kingdom
GD Gathering City Chesterfield, Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Contact Info
Homepage URL http://www.matbooth.co.uk 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1065  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/25/2002 2:08:40 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Is this evil? Node::Node() : m_Parent(0), m_Child(0), m_Next(this), m_Prev(this) { } I get a warning for the above because by using the this pointer in an initialiser list, I'm passing a pointer to a not-yet-constructed object to the constructor of another... 
Posted July 17, 2006 5:47:01 PM
Porting OpenGL Apps to Linux I'm porting some of my OpenGL apps to Linux using Xlib and GLX and I've come across some strangeness that I can't account for in GLX. If you don't know already, some major changes were made in how GLX works to accomodate some new features when ver... 
Posted July 11, 2006 8:57:58 AM
MD5 In the MD5 algorithm (if you need a quick reminder, it is RFC 1321) is there a mathematical reason why the values in the table T are equal to (4294967296 * abs(sin(table index))) ? The RFC doesn't explain why the value 4294967296 was chosen. Would... 
Posted January 13, 2005 1:12:59 PM
longs The gospel according to St. MSDN says that the long type is 32bits wide and is synonymous with int on 32bit platforms. What does this imply for 64bit hardware? The way it is worded suggests that long is widened but int is not. Is this correct... 
Posted December 19, 2004 9:35:00 AM
Passing strings by reference Can anyone explain what is happening here? This works: __declspec(dllexport) int DoStuff(std::string& strString); __declspec(dllexport) int DoStuff(std::string& strString) { strString.resize(strString.size()+1, 65); //lengthen str... 
Posted December 18, 2004 11:51:06 AM
MSDN I have just installed a more recent version of the MSDN libraries, April 2003. It has integrated itself fine with Visual Studio .NET, but pressing F1 in Visual C++ 6 results in a "MSDN does not exist, please reinstall MSDN" message. How would I go ab... 
Posted July 16, 2004 8:24:38 AM
glDrawArrays Limitations Sometimes when using vertex arrays, the video driver (NVOGLNT) throws an access violation. Are there any size limitations for arrays used with vertex array functions? If so, are they implementation dependant? Cheers. - CheeseMonger [e... 
Posted March 23, 2004 1:31:09 PM
Haskell Question After reading in a string from a file, my function returns a IO [Char] type. How can I use this data with functions that require a [Char] or [ a ] ? For example, the display function returns a string read from the file: MatIO> display "SQ34... 
Posted February 21, 2004 2:31:37 PM
Graceful disconnection. Lets say the server wants to disconnect gracefully and there is no pending data to be received by the client. In the non-blocking client: FD_ZERO(&fdRdSet); //empty read set FD_SET(iSocket, &fdRdSet); //add socket to read set select(0, &... 
Posted December 15, 2003 11:20:30 AM
While loops. Will this work as expected or do I have to expand it? The entire loop: while (Function() == 0); - CheeseMonger 
Posted December 14, 2003 11:24:57 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
A Simple Address Book SQLite might be ideal for this sort of thing. From the website: "SQLite is a small C library that implements a self-contained, embeddable, zero-configuration SQL database engine." http://www.sqlite.org/ There are bindings available for ma... 
Posted April 17, 2007 9:56:23 AM
News of SGI selling OpenGL? The ARB is already an independent consortium that includes board members from both ATI and nVidia. Presumably, SGI means to sell off the trademarks and licensing rights associated with OpenGL that they protect so vehemently. 
Posted July 23, 2006 2:35:45 PM
Is this evil? I know what the warning is there for, I explain as much in my original post. It just prompted me to wonder if it was good practice to use what should be (and indeed is) a valid use of initialiser lists like the example I gave despite it yielding a wa... 
Posted July 17, 2006 8:29:10 PM
Is this evil? Thanks SiCrane and Fruny. Exactly what I wanted to hear. Cheers. 
Posted July 17, 2006 7:54:18 PM
Getting key fields in mysql Quote:Original post by sanscrit Ok, so here is the deal: I have a table in mysql that holds player data. The primary key for this table is playerid that is an auto-incremented value assigned by the db. When a character is created, they are adde... 
Posted July 17, 2006 8:57:48 AM
SetWindowLong This article illustrates how to do what you are trying to do: http://www.matbooth.co.uk/articles/20050310/ It has sample source code, too. 
Posted July 15, 2006 7:55:52 AM
Porting OpenGL Apps to Linux Aha, you're a genius, thanks! I guess the old method creates a single buffered display by default. It still didn't work in my real application though. That is, until I realised I was swapping win instead of gwin. How foolish of me. Thanks ag... 
Posted July 11, 2006 10:53:00 AM
problem with writing a text If you look up the CreateFont() function that you have used on MSDN you will find this: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/gdi/fontext_8fp0.asp Quote:fdwCharSet [in] Specifies the character set. The follo... 
Posted July 11, 2006 10:28:12 AM
Porting OpenGL Apps to Linux Thanks for trying. And for spotting that mistake, I've corrected the original post. In that case, can anyone see where I've gone wrong? As far as I can see, I've followed the specification exactly... [Edited by - CheeseMonger on July 11, 2006 9... 
Posted July 11, 2006 9:21:48 AM
SHA1 padding You should indeed let the padding spill over into the next 512-bit block. In the C reference implementation of SHA1 in section 7 of RFC 3174, the comments in the SHA1PadMessage() function on page 17 state: /* Check to see if the current m... 
Posted July 8, 2006 1:02:11 AM
View All Replies Made By This User