Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Horup...  
Full Name Søren Alsbjerg Hørup
Nickname Horup 
State/Province, Country Nordjylland   Denmark
GD Gathering City Aalborg, Nordjylland, Denmark
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.hrup.dk 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 2/28/2009 6:32:28 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
SilverKeeper *Dungeon Keeper remake* Hi! thought I would share some of the game related things i've been doing with my spare time. So I'm posting one of my more interesting projects: a Dungeon Keeper clone / wannabe in Silverlight 2.0 :) I was fooling around with a simple isomet... 
Posted March 1, 2009 11:37:32 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
game clone, is that legal to sell? Plant Vs Zombies was inspired by Tower Defense (cite Wiki), and your game is inspired by Plant Vs Zombies. So I personally don't see any problems. But as xDan said, even if it is 100% legal, Google might play it safe and reject it anyway. 
Posted August 17, 2010 5:06:44 AM
Is multithreading worth it? Quote:Original post by feal87 Regarding what the people above said. Its wrong, you can obtain high performance gain, but obviously you won't thread the drawing that is a single thread procedure and should remain that way, but almost everything else... 
Posted February 11, 2010 6:20:56 AM
Is multithreading worth it? I don't think you will, since you have to lock your scene to avoid race conditions when drawing with OpenGL (or, you have to copy the data). However, it depends on how you represent the game world. 
Posted February 11, 2010 5:58:37 AM
c++ dieing for game programming? You should learn both.. Stick with C++, try out some C# or Java.. and develop in whatever language you think is cool. I personally use C# the most, because of the development speed. But I do use C, when I want more control. Also, developing nat... 
Posted April 16, 2009 6:01:40 PM
Final Duel Looks great! I am also doing Silverlight development, and have implemented a Dungeon Keeper clone in Silverlight 2 (http://www.hrup.dk/default.aspx?category=7&blog=18). Did you experience any memory leaks while using sounds in your project? I tried... 
Posted March 26, 2009 11:34:09 AM
async sockets question (server) Go with the solution gharen2 proposed. Even if you did iterate through your indices and could decrement them, it looks like this could result in a race condition, since your working asynchronously. 
Posted March 25, 2009 4:51:25 PM
NullReferenceException I think an exception is thrown somewhere in the Form1 object.. Post your Form1 class and lets have a look, or try looking at your FormClosing or FormClosed events (If I remember correct) in Form1. If you have them, they might generate the exception w... 
Posted March 25, 2009 4:43:57 PM
Game Design Project : Tower City [includes video log] Very impressive video! Great job! 
Posted March 24, 2009 3:46:41 PM
3D Projection (Help Needed) Quote:Original post by mscwd Right, I have got the book and have a look through, I think it'll keep me busy for a while ;) Just a question regarding your box example... I wont be projecting a box, shape etc I am just trying to get the screen coo... 
Posted March 24, 2009 11:57:48 AM
3D Projection (Help Needed) Quote:Original post by mscwd Great thanks Horup, I think i'll have a read and try to understand the theory behind what I want to achieve, because as I have said it is all very confusing at present. One final question though, as I said above,... 
Posted March 24, 2009 7:40:18 AM
View All Replies Made By This User