Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know TeaTreeTim...  
Full Name  
Nickname TeaTreeTim 
State/Province, Country Australian Capital Territory   Australia
GD Gathering City Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.malleegum.com/timspages/TerrainPages.html 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1039  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 5/19/2009 3:42:57 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Perlin Based Terrain Hi guys, I've finished the pages for the first phase of my terrain generator. You can see the details at http://www.malleegum.com/timspages/TerrainPages.html The shots are VTF regular grid, so are limited by texture interpolation etc. 
Posted May 25, 2009 10:12:18 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Cisco router problem You say a cisco router, but have you actually downloaded files using another internet gateway/router? Reminds me of a PMTU black hole issue I saw, but thats just one of a few ideas. Do you have access to the cisco router, in which case what is i... 
Posted July 31, 2009 4:09:24 AM
Thick Wireframe Drawing This question was asked about 6 months ago and no one had a good answer then. I remember around 2000 (DX 8), when you could set line thickness but you can't now. I don't know why. From memory some suggestions from the last thread: - Multiple... 
Posted July 27, 2009 11:04:15 PM
Simple Image comparison The methods mentioned lead to colour based comparison. Could you elaborate on weather this is appropriate? For example you may care more about shapes. If you recoloured an image it may score as different but actually be the same shape. What exac... 
Posted July 14, 2009 3:14:46 AM
mega terrain? Sorry for taking so long to reply, moving house. You're welcome to take a look at how I do it: http://www.malleegum.com/timspages/Misc/Mega.html I haven't finished the page yet but you'll get the idea. 
Posted June 15, 2009 8:02:49 PM
mega terrain? But why do you need to erode things outside the viewable area? The whole point of pseudo random terrain is you only need to erode near the visible region. If there are discrepancies around the margin it doesn't matter. By the time it is within s... 
Posted June 2, 2009 6:46:49 PM
mega terrain? You can have different levels of erosion to reduce border discrepancies. Each largest area envelops an entire island/continent. Smaller sections do smaller work and the margin can be interpolated. It depends what you are storing and whats done o... 
Posted June 1, 2009 4:14:38 AM
View All Replies Made By This User