Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Deleter...  
Full Name  
Nickname Deleter 
State/Province, Country MI   United States
GD Gathering City detroit, MI, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL deleter.phatcode.net 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1043  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/5/2006 6:07:59 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Looking for [speedy] musician Team name: Option V Dev Team Project name: Option V Brief description: A retro style 2D scrolling shooter created for the SHMUP-DEV Competition 2k7 Round 2 contest. Classic shoot-em-up gameplay with a twist as your ship has the ability... 
Posted August 8, 2007 11:05:23 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Universities where geek culture is alive Quote:Without a doubt, the people you are surrounded with have a huge impact on who you turn out to be. Yeah but that doesn't mean you have to hang out with programmers to be a programmer. Hang out with the people who you get along with, they... 
Posted August 22, 2007 8:57:13 AM
Anyone else tired of first person shooters? Um, no, I love FPS. Now, thats not to say I wouldn't love more FP not S games, Dark Messiah was an awesome game, as is Oblivion. But I don't think they have to stop making FPS games to make FP!S games. 
Posted August 18, 2007 10:09:20 AM
The Vicious Cycle Er, Tolkien wrote tons and tons of reference material and constructed a universe, which he then wrote books on. Thats a lot different than simply reusing old material... 
Posted August 17, 2007 9:16:12 PM
1000 posts in retrospective Great post. I'm not a long time user or anything so its interesting to see how the forums got this way. I will definitely agree with the ratings system. Another forum I frequent is going through a lot of the things you were talking about earlier, and... 
Posted August 17, 2007 7:03:31 PM
Is Steam going to rule the world? I'm glad to see stuff switching over to steam, because unless I am incorrect it gives more money to the actual people who make the games, and less to the publishers. I'm sure Valve charges to use it, but I am sure (please correct me if I am wrong) th... 
Posted August 17, 2007 6:57:35 PM
Razor Edge Gaming - Gamer Forums (Free Services for Game Dev Teams And Freelancers) I would recommend having a link on the left control panel of your site for people looking to register. It took me a couple minutes to find the forum post where people can apply for your services. Maybe some more information on specifics of... 
Posted August 17, 2007 11:14:50 AM
So what's YOUR idea? Quote:EDIT: You also forgot that that would require the graphics card to hold TWICE the textures. For most games, that's just not possible. Not really. Especially for a game like half life 2. Most of the textures are reused from one map to th... 
Posted August 15, 2007 3:53:24 PM
So what's YOUR idea? Yeah most of my ideas are just improvements or different ways of doing current things. As I have been playing a lot of FPS games lately these ideas are for them: "context specific movement"-What this means, if there is a rock, when the player goes... 
Posted August 15, 2007 12:07:03 PM
Quake 4 I'm playing it for like the fifth time through, that should say something...Along with hl2 and fear, I love fps with stories, but they are so damn short I have to keep playing them over again...=\ 
Posted August 14, 2007 2:43:18 PM
Class vs Class-less Well the concept at least sounds cool :). I definitely like the idea of having player's unbound by classes, as I think this is a relic we could do without... 
Posted August 13, 2007 11:59:02 AM
View All Replies Made By This User