Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know mallouk...  
Full Name William Mallouk
Nickname mallouk 
State/Province, Country Rio de Janeiro   Brazil
GD Gathering City Rio de Janeiro, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Contact Info
Homepage URL www.wetproductions.com 
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Programmer 
Job Description Programmer :) 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1011  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 3/5/2003 9:06:25 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Cadabra 3D Game Engine Hello! Here are some screenshots of a 3D game engine that I developed along with some friends. It took about one year to get this work done. We currently have a robust core that can be enhanced through plugins. We are looking for people to he... 
Posted August 15, 2006 5:00:48 PM
Xbox 360 Development Ideal PC Hello All, We are gonna start developing for the xbox 360 using the xbox dev kit (not xna). I would like to know if you guys have any suggestion of what would be the ideal PC workstation (processor, graphics card, hardware, etc) to do this work. ... 
Posted October 3, 2006 8:42:49 AM
Exporting public static data members VC++ Hello everyone! I'm having a little problem exporting a static class data members on my dll. For example: ---- Color.h ---- namespace NameSpace { class __declspec(dllexport) Color { public: const static Color BLACK; }; } ---- C... 
Posted May 28, 2005 9:16:59 AM
Blended Skeletal Animation Hello everyone! I have a skeletal animation system up and working, and I was just wondering how to achieve blended animations with it. Do you guys know of a good resource on this topic? -William 
Posted May 18, 2005 5:50:17 PM
HLSL Skinning Hello everyone! I'm beginning with HLSL programming, and the first thing I did is an HLSL skinning vertex shader, based on the code that comes with the DX SDK. My problem is that I can't get the lighting right! It seems that I'm not comput... 
Posted May 17, 2005 4:58:19 PM
Texture coordinates - the right approach Hello! I was wondering what would be the best approach to deal with a situation where n sets of texture coordinates have to be specified for a given vertex. In other words, I have meshes that sometimes have two or more triangles sharing a part... 
Posted April 25, 2005 6:51:33 PM
Skeletal Animations - almost there Hello there! I'm having a little problem creating a skeletal animation system and I wondered if any of you guys could help me. Let me try to explain what's going on: I am exporting the data from max with a maxscript. For each bone, I ex... 
Posted March 17, 2005 9:26:35 AM
Reconnecting bones Hello there! (I have also posted this message in the game programming forum, so moderator, if you think this question is not enough math-related to be here, please excuse me, I will delete it.) I'm having a little problem creating a skeletal an... 
Posted March 17, 2005 9:41:57 AM
Need programmer help for hobby project! Hello all, Our objective is to develop a simple game with commercial quality. We’re getting close to that. If you wanna join us, you will be most welcome!! This is a tetris clone game, with many improvements, action, cool sound... It&rs... 
Posted March 5, 2003 9:35:58 PM
COMPOSERS help wanted Hello guys. This is a hobby project, so I cannot reward you but by listing your name at the credits screen : ) The objective of this project is creating a simple but professional looking game. The project is a Tetris clone with many different feat... 
Posted March 5, 2003 10:24:20 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Xbox 360 Development Ideal PC Thank you guys for the replies. BrianL, I checked out the Condemned web site and it looks quite impressive. I am curious to know if you guys have your own engine or if you use a commercial one. I would also like to know if you had trouble wit... 
Posted October 4, 2006 8:46:24 AM
Cadabra 3D Game Engine Thanks for the comments, even for the funny ones! As you guys said, this really increased the number of visitors in our site... In fact, we exceeded the 4GB monthly limit that we have. Quote: It doesn't seem to work with the debug D3D run... 
Posted August 18, 2006 8:40:35 PM
Exporting public static data members VC++ Hello Kippesoep!! I tried to use the program, but there was an error when I tried to load the lib. I tried to rebuild all several times before! Hey, there's really something odd going on. :) No problem, I don't want to bother you anymore with... 
Posted May 31, 2005 7:27:23 PM
Exporting public static data members VC++ Yes, it is linked. Thanks for the persistence! :) 
Posted May 31, 2005 12:46:12 PM
Exporting public static data members VC++ Negative! That didn't work. And now I confirm that this happens on both release and debug builds. Any other ideas are welcome... William 
Posted May 30, 2005 12:22:42 PM
Exporting public static data members VC++ Thanks for the info! I will soon try that. -William 
Posted May 30, 2005 12:00:09 PM
Exporting public static data members VC++ Hello Kippesoep! I have changed the code, but I'm almost sure that I got this error with both builds. Thanks for the help. 
Posted May 28, 2005 11:25:42 AM
Blended Skeletal Animation Hello Guys, I guess I understood both approaches. I may try both of them soon. By the way, Sphet's approach is more or less what I imagined - but implementing it seems to be a lot of work - that's why I was looking for a shortcut formula! However... 
Posted May 20, 2005 8:36:55 AM
Blended Skeletal Animation Waaw, sounds cool! What I have done is an engine that renders on both GL and DX. I have a set of classes that calculate the bone positions based on an animation, HLSL skinning on DX and CPU skinning on GL (right now). I thi... 
Posted May 18, 2005 8:49:58 PM
Blended Skeletal Animation Hmm... I mean, I have two or more animations, as for example a "walk" and a "wave" animation. I want to play both of them together. Another example is a "walk" and a "run" animation played together. I have seen this done by cal3d. Yes, it could... 
Posted May 18, 2005 6:29:44 PM
View All Replies Made By This User