||Duck Tiles Level Design Contest
The contest has ended. You can see the results here.
Create a great level for the game Duck Tiles using the Ducky Builder utility, impress the judges, and win a fully loaded XBox combo or Return of Castle Wolfenstein game.
Wait a minute, what's "Duck Tiles"?
Duck Tiles is a puzzle game developed by The Code Zone that takes place on a bathroom floor populated with bars of soap, sponges, and rubber duckies. The object of the game is simple --move all of the rubber duckies to the drains. Problem is, the floor is slippery and duckies don't have brakes, so they must rely on the sponges (which cannot move) and bars of soap (which can) to get themselves to a drain safely.
- Before the deadline at midnight, PST, on December 12, 2001, submit one or more Duck Tiles DBD files using the Ducky Builder tool. Ducky Builder can be downloaded here (996K, win32 only).
- The most important rule is that the level(s) you submit must be beatable, and the judges must be able to verify this by being able to solve the level. It is highly recommended that you include a description of the full solution in the "comments" section of your level (select "Comment" under the "Actions" menu in the program). Look at the sample levels downloaded with the Ducky Builder for an example. They include a complete solution description in the comments.
- You can enter more than once (not the same level each time, obviously), but be aware that prizes will be awarded to individual levels. Entering several different levels will not necessarily increase your chances of winning. Entrants cannot win more than one prize.
- Contest judging criteria will be a ranking among all judges based on the subjective criteria of originality, creativity, and challenge. Winning levels will be announced on GameDev.net once all submissions have been tested and graded. All judges decisions will be final.
- All entries must be original and cannot be derived from levels in similar games or the sample levels included with the builder utility.
- All levels (winning and non-winning) become the property of The Code Zone. Any submissions used in commercial products will include author credits, but no compensation beyond the contest prizes will be awarded. Anyone not agreeing to this or who expects compensation beyond the prizes is advised not to enter the contest.
- Winning entries will be made available for download.
- Prizes will only be shipped to U.S. or Canadian addresses, so keep that in mind if you plan to enter.
- Any individual can enter except for employees of GameDev.net and their families.
Submitting a level
To submit a level, attach the file to an email message and send it to email@example.com. If we have trouble with a level you've submitted, you will be contacted. Be sure you include full contact information when you submit the level(s) so that we can contact you if you win.
First prize - A fully loaded XBox Adrenaline Pack. Package includes Xbox console, Oddworld, HALO, Dead or Alive 3, and an extra controller ($499 value).
Eight runner-up prizes - "Return to Castle Wolfenstein" ($50 value)
Note: Prize delivery schedule is subject to availability. All prizes will be forwarded to the winners immediately upon receipt by The Code Zone.