Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Jojosh_the_Pi...  
Full Name  
Nickname Jojosh_the_Pi 
State/Province, Country FL   United States
GD Gathering City Miami, FL, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1024  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/26/2004 2:20:59 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent replies made on our forums
My own website. I think because there is not much content on your site yet, it's hard to have a strong opinion, but some good points and suggestions: Good: 1. You mentioned you were just starting C++, and your first project was a text adventure game. A... 
Posted June 11, 2005 6:26:42 AM
3D RTS game alpha version 0.0.04. You should see this!!! The screenshots are wonderful, and once I get more time, I will try the game. A suggestion on the website...The first page with substance is the "introduction", but it is 4 paragraphs of regular text. You might want to highlight the imp... 
Posted June 10, 2005 7:52:44 PM
Help with the Visual Basic MouseDown event Change frmMain's ScaleMode to twip. Remember that MouseDown's (X,Y) values are always in twips, and there's not a good way that I know of to translate that (X,Y) values to pixels properly. The problem is the Y value in pixels will be off due to t... 
Posted June 6, 2005 9:01:50 AM
Help with the Visual Basic MouseDown event My recommendation would be to not try to use pixels to get mouse coordinates. There are two reasons for this: 1. The MouseDown event gets the mouse coordinates in twips anyway, no matter what the form's ScaleMode is. Maybe it doesn't make sense,... 
Posted June 5, 2005 10:16:42 PM
Help with the Visual Basic MouseDown event Where are you getting the values for BOARD_W_PREC and BOARD_H_PREC? 
Posted June 5, 2005 9:22:08 PM
bonding with a simulation. With a game like SimCity, the player gets a God-like view of the world, without having to deal with how an individual feels or thinks. It's difficult to create the same emotion in the player without being exposed to a person one-on-one. Wher... 
Posted June 5, 2005 8:50:49 PM
Tech levels, bad settings, duplicate gameplay in RPG Dynamic plots sound great in theory, but there're reasons why 99% of RPG's use a linear plot. Probably the biggest one is time. Everytime the player has another option, the game creator has to have some way to handle this. If a player's actio... 
Posted June 5, 2005 1:02:23 PM
A couple of 2D in 3D questions Here's how I ended up doing it: 0 1 5 2 4 3 0 = (.5, 1) 1 = (0, .75) 2 = (0, .25) 3 = (.5, 0) 4 = (1, .25) 5 = (1, .75) You use a triangle fan of 4 triangles like so (sorry for m... 
Posted July 26, 2004 2:46:24 PM
View All Replies Made By This User