Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know tehXKnight...  
Full Name  
Nickname tehXKnight 
State/Province, Country FL   United States
GD Gathering City Atlantic Beach, FL, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1025  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 7/26/2008 5:04:12 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Circular rotation or Rotation about a point Okay, so maybe it's late and tropical storm Fay is getting to my brain, but I can't seem to devise the formula for rotation about a point. I have a center point in 2D for several objects that make up one object and I want to rotate each o... 
Posted August 20, 2008 11:00:57 PM
Help with weird DirectX error I posted this in the beginner's forum but after no replies it occurred to me that it may be better suited here. So, here goes. Using PIX and the debugger runtime I get this error: D3D9: (Error) Vertex stride in stream 0 is less than in the decl... 
Posted August 7, 2008 1:55:13 PM
Help with weird DirectX error Using PIX and the debugger runtime I get this error: D3D9: (Error) Vertex stride in stream 0 is less than in the declaration I traced the error down to the line of code that causes the crash (easy enough with PIX) here's the run up and the line... 
Posted August 6, 2008 10:01:50 PM
Creating triangles in camera space - DirectX Actually, I'm trying to do an exercise from Intro to D3D: A shader approach. I don't want the answer (what's the fun in that?) but my question is how to go about drawing (or creating) a quad that covers the whole screen? (Chapter 13: ex 2 if you have... 
Posted August 5, 2008 9:14:33 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
DX9 rendering order, matrix and meshes questions It all looks good to me. The DirectX SDK comes with lots of great examples. They can usually be found with the Sample Browser (Start/Programs/Microsoft DirectX SDK/DirectX Sample Browser). They all come with code, compiled versions, and some kind... 
Posted August 26, 2008 7:15:27 PM
Include Errors (C++) I can't see the structure in my head right now (and I'm not writing it down [grin]) to say if it'll work or not. It is really easy to define a class that depends on another class that depends on the first. In that case they won't work an... 
Posted August 23, 2008 9:00:16 PM
Include Errors (C++) I believe that private classes are inherit only? Some one correct me if I'm wrong on that one. I never use them in C++ myself. (Private classes that is) Also I believe that since you're in the Collada namespace, vector needs th... 
Posted August 23, 2008 8:47:35 PM
DirectX Desktop Vista has the ability to set a video as the wallpaper. It's only built into Vista Ultimate, but MS worked with Stardock to get it up and running and they have it working on all versions of Vista I believe. Deskscapes It also allows you to... 
Posted August 23, 2008 8:36:00 PM
Sending signals from WoW to custom hardware I would try calling Blizzard to see if they would help if you're production serious. Worst they could say is no. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, I say. They might want some money or something tho, but if you're wanting to make more than o... 
Posted August 22, 2008 9:52:54 AM
sprites Scissors? [grin] 
Posted August 22, 2008 9:40:18 AM
D3D Vista Fullscreen crash I do notice that almost every game crashes when I put the debug runtimes on with the debug level (or whatever that slider is) all the way up. The only thing 3D wise I can get to run is a blank DXUT. One of these days I should go though... 
Posted August 22, 2008 9:19:43 AM
D3D Vista Fullscreen crash I get that error if I don't completely destroy and rebuild the device on resolution changes. I've never been able to get code to run that switches the fullscreen resolution without doing so. I don't turn off "halt on D3D Error" either... No... 
Posted August 21, 2008 8:14:38 PM
Get material buffer from ID3DXMesh Load mesh is defined as: HRESULT D3DXLoadMeshFromX( LPCSTR pFilename, DWORD Options, LPDIRECT3DDEVICE9 pDevice, LPD3DXBUFFER *ppAdjacency, LPD3DXBUFFER *ppMaterials, LPD3DXBUFFER *ppEffectIns... 
Posted August 21, 2008 7:59:54 PM
"A perfect Direct3D9 application structure", handling windows messages, etc Here's how you handle the window activation and deactivation in Win32. this code should be placed in your msgProc function. // WM_ACTIVE is sent when the window is activated or deactivated. // We pause the game when the main window is deactiva... 
Posted August 21, 2008 7:47:37 PM
View All Replies Made By This User