Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know Heodox...  
Full Name  
Nickname Heodox 
State/Province, Country Grad Zagreb   Croatia
GD Gathering City Zagreb, Grad Zagreb, Croatia
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1015  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 12/28/2007 12:34:55 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
Optimizing GLSL lighting shader Hi, I have recently started to move from system that was using Cg shaders to new one using GLSL. I translated my main lighting shader (blinn phong with custom attenuation function), but i turns out that it runs somewhat slower than the Cg ver... 
Posted April 4, 2009 5:54:19 PM
Unnamed project: tactical survival shooter This game prototype was made using our own engine which is in development for 4 months, with two people working on it. The game engine is programmed in C++ and using OpenGL for rendering (also we are using following libs: SDL, SDL_Net, SOIL,... 
Posted September 25, 2008 5:47:14 PM
Supplying PER-FACE normals to shader I have no problem supplying the per vertex to shader, but now I need to supply the per face. I'm having some problems with self shadowing using shadow maps, using the polygon offset didn't help at all, so now I'm trying to used different approach,... 
Posted August 29, 2008 1:05:34 PM
Level color correction from Photoshop (implementation in Cg) -SOLVED- [Edited by - Heodox on August 23, 2008 8:58:36 AM] 
Posted August 22, 2008 9:55:10 AM
Math book recomendations (not directly related to game development) I finished my high school education recently and got into collage, I enjoy math and physics and I would really like to understand some more advanced concepts of them. I already picked up physics book that interest's me ("university physics") and... 
Posted July 31, 2008 9:11:14 AM
Efficient multithreading? Hi, I'm trying to design an efficient multithreading for my engine, so far I've done this: namespace ThreadManager { // adds thread assigments to the stack void threadsAddTask(void (*aFunction)(void *), void* aArgument); // starts a cu... 
Posted June 21, 2008 8:32:55 AM
Designing unicode font system (freetype) I'm trying to add unicode support for texts in my engine. The idea for non-unicode texts was simple, just prebuild all of the letters, numbers, ... to a texture, this was of course possible because the count was maximum of 256. The unicode char... 
Posted June 12, 2008 9:13:37 AM
Translating c++ function to assembly (SSE) I optimized skinning in c++ as much as i could, now i'm looking into the assembly and SSE commands. I have this function: void transform(float aMatrix[4][4], Vector3f *aVector, float *aWeight, Vector3f * aDestination) { aDestination->x +... 
Posted June 5, 2008 9:14:24 AM
Skinning in software I'm trying to implement model skinning in software opengl (not using shaders). The animation works, the problem is the speed, first it was done directly by calling glbegin/glend , and using glVertex... This was SLOW (~10 fps), now i implemented it wi... 
Posted May 26, 2008 1:17:53 PM
Placing a gun into hand I have implemented skinning in my engine, and it works perfectly. But now I have reached a problem I'm rendering a warrior and a weapon, warrior is an animated model while weapon is static. I'm trying to "place" the weapon into the warriors hand, but... 
Posted June 1, 2008 12:22:52 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Unnamed project: tactical survival shooter Quote:Original post by Hodgman Nice. For some reason it makes me think of Syndicate being invaded by Space Marines ;) That game actually looks quite nice, have to check it out! Quote:Original post by Hazardous101 Looks a bit like a certain ot... 
Posted September 26, 2008 6:11:30 AM
Supplying PER-FACE normals to shader It won’t match the diffuse lighting but I have one directional light that casts shadows and I don't take any calculation other than shadow into account for it. But doing the per face normals will get me rid of those nasty shadow acne, i... 
Posted August 30, 2008 3:42:05 PM
Supplying PER-FACE normals to shader Thanks for the advice, but i need to keep the ARB shaders compatibility for older hardware (becuse this part of shader is crucial to shadowing).  
Posted August 30, 2008 10:54:22 AM
Supplying PER-FACE normals to shader I know how to get normal from the face (generating two vectors from triangle points by subtraction and then doing the cross product), but the problem is supplying it to the shader, because i would have to recreate my existing geometry, so i'm basicly... 
Posted August 29, 2008 1:57:45 PM
Help With Designing a New PC "XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLI Motherboard" with "Radeon HD 4870" Why? You should chose some crossfire board instead. 
Posted August 17, 2008 11:01:11 AM
Math book recomendations (not directly related to game development) "CALCULUS [A Complete Course]" by Robert A. Adams (Addison-Wesley publisher) seems to be the favorite for now, since it goes from limits to vector calculus. @nilkn I'll look into Serge Lang's book. 
Posted July 31, 2008 1:57:04 PM
Math book recomendations (not directly related to game development) @Dranith Thanks for your suggestions, but I'm limited to this bookstore and its book inventory. Also about the second book, I'm currently not interested too much in algorithms and their implementation. The abstract algebra is definitely more... 
Posted July 31, 2008 1:09:03 PM
Efficient multithreading? Thanks for replys, I'll look in to the stuff you mentioned. Little bit more about what i would use this system in my game for: I use it to do skinning, so when a thread picks up a task, it receives a model and then calculates transformations for e... 
Posted June 21, 2008 11:12:26 AM
Designing unicode font system (freetype) ok, i'll probably have: class glyph { public: glyph(): loaded(false) {} unsigned textureID; bool loaded; } class font { public: vector<glyph> glyphs; int size; font(): size(10) {} unsigned getGlyphTexture... 
Posted June 12, 2008 10:55:18 AM
Translating c++ function to assembly (SSE) Quote:Original post by frob As a side note, the __asm directive shuts off the optimizer and forces the compiler to make a few pessimizations within the code. It is telling the code generator that you know better than it, so it should finish up prev... 
Posted June 5, 2008 1:55:38 PM
View All Replies Made By This User