Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know TheFatGecko...  
Full Name Stan Fichele
Nickname TheFatGecko 
State/Province, Country Sheffield
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title Research Associate 
Job Description Physics Research 
Other Interesting Details
Rating 1071  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 11/29/2004 8:31:42 AM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
How to kung fu I want to build a really simple 2D kung fu game, like "ye air kung fu" on the old 64k machines. But i'm stuck! I'm not quite sure how should I deal with the mechanics of the code. i.e. the basic data structures needed to keep tabs of the com... 
Posted May 26, 2005 10:07:39 AM
terrain problems I need some help on rendering my wireframe terrain. On the face of it things seem fine, but if you look closely the terrain seems to be rendered four times, in four slightly different positions. Also the small separation between the d... 
Posted April 8, 2005 8:48:55 AM
STLport and Borland Has anybody had problems installing STLport with borland compilers. I am using borland builder 4.0, with compiler 5.4, and I just can't get the thing to work. Any help would be appreciated. (yes I have read the install instructions, the make... 
Posted March 2, 2005 9:59:37 AM
WM_KEYDOWN and Textbox I am writing my own gui system for opengl / win32. However, I'm having problems with my textbox input, namely WM_KEYDOWN and WM_CHAR. Basically if I do this: case WM_KEYDOWN: { engine->OnKeyDown(wParam); return 0; } ... 
Posted February 28, 2005 6:07:58 AM
Walking Biped Simulation Hi, I've been working on a way to animate a pair of legs in realtime using a parameter driven system. In lay terms, variables like foot length and step length are specified and the walking motion follows in realtime. You can download a demo f... 
Posted January 21, 2005 8:54:29 AM
Please Criticize my Virtual Machine This is my first ever post! I've been workig on a virtual machine and scripting language as a learning tool. I've got to the point where my VM is up and running. I would really appreciate any feedback on what I've done. You can download... 
Posted December 15, 2004 8:24:17 AM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
Drawing a Triangle Here's a good article about rasterising a 2D triangle  
Posted May 31, 2005 11:03:06 AM
How to kung fu Cheers guys Lots to think about .... gecko 
Posted May 27, 2005 4:42:48 AM
How to kung fu ghosted: cheers for the Mugen lead. I've had a look, but it doesn't look like there's any source code or articles concerning the mechanics of the engine. yckx: like the idea, not sure how it would work but will play around with that Any ideas a... 
Posted May 26, 2005 11:17:38 AM
grid overlay on terrain Have a look at this forum post (by me) old ref Contains code for drawing part of the terrain as a simple grid. Hope this is on the right lines, and helps. Gecko 
Posted May 19, 2005 10:59:12 AM
Calculate New Lat\Lon Just realised that if you keep on the same heading (i.e. alpha = constant) then you will SPIRAL towards the north/south pole. Hence, to undertake a "straight" arc around the world then alpha must vary sinusoidally. I have no idea at the moment &... 
Posted May 17, 2005 4:44:29 AM
Calculate New Lat\Lon let THETA and PHI describe the longitude and latitude. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Note: PHI = 0 describes the equator. Hence PHI represents the lines of latitude. THETA represents the line of longitud... 
Posted May 16, 2005 11:16:17 AM
shortest distance between two 2d line segments Here's the solution for 3D. Simply take it and remove the z-component 3D solution Here's the solution for finding the minimum distance between a line and a point Distance between a point and a line (better to use the 3D solution) 
Posted May 6, 2005 4:15:20 AM
Help needed to try and smooth out my scrolling If I understand you correctly you want the background to "move" smoothly, so here's my suggestion: Store a floating point value for the current x_offset of the background and a target x_offset. When you need to move the background offset to a new... 
Posted May 5, 2005 4:19:09 PM
Implicit/Explicit Integration Quote:Can you point to some documents that explain the derivation of this “semi-implicit hot hotch method for diffusion” "hop hotch" should have been "hop scotch", sorry about that. There's plenty of stuff to be found with google 
Posted May 5, 2005 3:26:12 PM
Implicit/Explicit Integration Quote: Finally I hear the turn semi-implicit integration, which I have no idea what it means, as far as I know there are only two ways for numerical integration of differential equation, explicit and implicit An example of a true semi-impli... 
Posted May 5, 2005 11:59:54 AM
View All Replies Made By This User