Intel sponsors gamedev.net search:
The site is presently in a read-only mode while we perform some internal maintenance. Thank you for your patience.
Control Panel Register Bookmarks Who's Online Active Topics Stats FAQ Search

Get to know bionic_atom...  Banned
Full Name  
Nickname bionic_atom 
State/Province, Country NC   United States
GD Gathering City Fletcher, NC, United States
Contact Info
Homepage URL  
ICQ ID  
AIM ID  
Yahoo IM ID  
Current Occupation
Job Title  
Job Description  
Other Interesting Details
Rating 894  (Rate this user)
Number Of Posts
In our forums
Member Since 6/14/2006 9:20:41 PM
ContributionsContact Us if a contribution of yours isn't listed
Send a Private Message to this user...

Some recent topics started on our forums
what does this error mean? I working in code:blocks and I opened it for the first time in 2 days and got this message Execution of Command 'svn.exe'(error 2: the system cannot find the file specified.) Can someone please help me I tried uninstalling it then reinstalling... 
Posted April 14, 2007 10:04:35 PM
Recommend C++ online books FREE Just a quick post I remembered in an earlier forum earlier this year or late last year there was a post of free C++ E-books you could download for free. I have forgotten the links, and was just wondering if anyone knew these free C++ E Books and the... 
Posted April 12, 2007 9:12:22 PM
Book recommendations im confused Hello I am a beginner at C++ and have been programming and getting tired fo Java for the past 2 years. I want to try my hands on some 3d stuff now, and have made plenty of 2d scrolling games in java, and actually none in C++ but given the books... 
Posted April 12, 2007 4:24:03 PM
C++ video? Hello I was just wondering if anyone knew any teaching videos of C++. My college doesn't offer any C++ classes right now and didn't want to be behind when I was going for my Bachelors degree, so I am going ot try and teach myself C++ through great b... 
Posted January 15, 2007 12:03:08 PM
JTattoo Help please please please Hello, I've found a cool LookAndFeel for my application but for some reason either I can't read directions well and that's what im guessin or this site doesn't put out good directions, but here is what I've done, and the errors, and hope you can help... 
Posted January 6, 2007 6:30:53 PM
Website for my game Hello, I am just now finishing up one of my 2D Adventure scroll game. And, yes I know there are 1000000000's +++ of games out there on websites for free, shareware, for pay, etc... But I'm trying to get notice out there as a game develop... 
Posted December 28, 2006 8:39:05 PM
a timer for pauses in my game in java. I need to know how to do a time pause sorta thing in java for my game. I need it for a pause for my logo, and of course to have a timer in the game maybe like 3 minutes for each level, or something. I've tried the Thread.sleep(3000), but it literal... 
Posted December 16, 2006 6:18:18 PM
How many levels does it need to be? Hello fellow gamers and game developers. I am working on a 2d scolling adventure game. You can see a screen shot of the game here Alot has already viewed it, and I'm quit suprised. I was wondering how many levels and how much of the story m... 
Posted December 8, 2006 4:25:15 PM
2 questions bout Gamedev.net 2 Simple questions, A.) how do I get a higher rating than what I have, and I sorta think it depends on my activity on forums, and my game submissions, articles, etc.. So, B.) How I create the images of my game from my desktop and put the... 
Posted December 6, 2006 9:07:55 PM
Getting a game idea. Hi, I'm wanting to make a game for gamedev.net as downloadble, or whatever, but I'm having a hard time figuring out what I should make. I want it to be a 2d game, but don't want it to be the over done usual's, so if you have an idea on a great 2... 
Posted December 11, 2006 4:22:10 PM
View All Topics Started By This User

Some recent replies made on our forums
What would be a good transition after "Beginning Game Programming" ? Quote:Original post by gsparis Thank you for you answer. As I said, I want to stick to 2D game programming and DirectX (wether it is in C/C++ or ASM). What I am looking for is an intermediary book on 2D game programming. I don't have any... 
Posted April 15, 2007 5:58:07 PM
What would be a good transition after "Beginning Game Programming" ? Allegro and/or SDL Start with finding a book on SDL or Allegro or just start with some free tutorials online and work your way up. SDL Main Page SDL Tutorial Page Also, type in on google beginning tutorials on SDL or j... 
Posted April 15, 2007 2:30:13 PM
Need a partner or small team What type of games do you plan on making, how long of a project, and if it gets done how are you going to distribute it out as in commercial, freeware, shareware, etc..? Do you have any games already designed for the project or do you plan ... 
Posted April 14, 2007 3:19:36 PM
My genius plan! Quote:Original post by Galley Thank you BUnzaga for making a good post. :) But I have convinced myself that stealling from big corperations is my own way of sticking it to the man! But all games are single player at one point in their life a... 
Posted April 11, 2007 9:23:03 PM
Anyone want any old nes, snes, gb, and possibly gba tunes in .IT/.XM format? If it's free I sure do. my email is cfinch86@gmail.com Thanks in advance 
Posted April 10, 2007 8:54:52 PM
JTattoo Help please please please Thank you so much I've been working on this for quit some time now. I truly appreciate the help. Thanks, cf 
Posted January 8, 2007 4:09:24 PM
a timer for pauses in my game in java. Actually, I thought this would work, but it doesn't maybe you can see my error. I have a long var named start_time start_time = System.currentTimeMillis(); then I have this code here while(System.currentTimeMillis() < start_time + 3000... 
Posted December 16, 2006 9:53:58 PM
a timer for pauses in my game in java. Quote:Original post by scgrn You probably want something like this: long start = System.currentTimeMillis(); while (System.currentTimeMillis() < start + 3000); Thanks, I'll give it a shot!  
Posted December 16, 2006 9:20:03 PM
Game Teirs I hope my info helps, but the thing is yes, the more well designed your game on paper before programming the less errors you can run into, but don't expect to not run into error. Other then that, All I can say is do it one step at a time,... 
Posted December 14, 2006 10:16:22 AM
2 questions bout Gamedev.net Quote:I just gave you a rate+ to help you out, but I would like to bring to your attention that not one person accused you of complaining. Thanks, and I definitely didn't mean that in a jerkful way. And to all those who answered thanks fo... 
Posted December 11, 2006 6:25:45 PM
View All Replies Made By This User